Slay the Spire: B&B GOTY 2018, 2020, 2021, and Forum Pariah 2019
  • And now this morning on the first attempt I've got Ironclad through Asc 12 as well! Deck ended up turning into a bunch of enflames, the red skull, spot weakness, a couple of reapers for silly health regen and then just immolate headbutt immolate combo for big finisher damage.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Finally a game Rouj is good at and he doesn't strim anymore

Not suspicious at all.
  • Strim will return once I've moved house dude. Soon!
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Asc 13 now cleared with every character! Onwards and upwards (and at some point go back to asc 1 and try to clear some heart runs).
  • AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH. Dead branch, corruption and bottled tornado pffffffffffffffff. If I'd have paid attention to my pathing I could have beaten the heart with this deck I'm sure. Such ridiculousness in all forms, shit like spot weakeness, exhume, spot weakness, then heavy blade twice because of the necronomicon. 

Or things like keep exhausting cards while holding back a bunch of power cards so that if demon form shows up I can discount my hand using the mummified hand and get it for free. 

Necronomicon combo with a summoned double tap into reaper. 

Or just some fights where most of the heavy lifting was done by chaining a silly amount of skills through letter opener. 

This is now my most ridiculous run through this game. My face hurts from laughing. I finished the run with like 120 hp, it could have been higher, but some fights were over before i could draw it despite my best efforts to stall out. Highlight fights included killing time keeper on like turn 4, killing a bunch of the elites on turn 2 or 3 and the smug satisfaction of knowing that the run was guaranteed to clear as soon as I got that corruption on floor one. 

The only thing missing was a fiend fire, I drew it once, and used it to hit the act 2 boss for a 6 card 19 damage per card attack. If I'd had it in the deck permanently it would have been absolute scenes from start to finish. 

weFAXgu.jpg
  • Lol.

Made it to time keeper with silent on a8 first game back from enforced month long break.

Got him to abiut half health, but it was a bit of a middling deck.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Have been occasionally playing, got Asc 7 down for Defect.

Think I'm chasing 9 IC, 7 Silent and now 8 Defect

Still a great game I just haven't had any great runs in a while, and certainly nothing like Rouj's above!
  • I will say that my ability improved after watching a couple of joinrbs vids to get a feel for his thought process, what cards he picks and why.

One thing I noticed immediately is that he was playing a lot less conservatively than i was. He frequently upgrades cards at bonfires and fights elites at 50% health and it turns out if you play okay and if your deck is okay for the elites on a floor you can totally fight them relatively safely.

The biggest thing that blew my mind that I only learned yesterday was artifacts stop debuffs you apply to yourself! I never thought about it before, but I saw joinrbs use the defect card that gives an artifact to stop the degradation debuff on biased cognition!!! I fucking fell out of my chair. I feel like a whole new way of thinking about the game and how I view certain cards just opened up in front of me!

Im glad you guys are staying in it! Im in for the long haul I think. It's become my new Isaac, I want heart clears at Asc 20 and I'm not stopping until I get them!

Apparently there is some dlc on tbe easy at some point!

Status update from me I think I've cleared asc14 with IC and Defect, but not managed Silent yet. I took a beam to chase an easy heart clear and managed it with Defect, not managed with Silent yet but made it to the heart a few times on Asc1 so hopefully will get it at some point.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Coming to the ps4 May 21st.

Where's my Switch version though?
  • How do you even fight the heart? Iirc I get one turn, but it once, then I die without the heart even taking a turn
  • Nina wrote:
    Coming to the ps4 May 21st. Where's my Switch version though?

FFS. I need this on Switch! Almost started playing on my laptop again recently cos getting fed up of waiting.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • How do you even fight the heart? Iirc I get one turn, but it once, then I die without the heart even taking a turn

You need to be able to block or tank the damage you take from playing cards, then you need to be able to block or weaken it to survive the multi hit fucko turns.

If you're going against it with a very offensive deck it has to either get the nut draws or scale so fast you kill it in a few turns.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    How do you even fight the heart? Iirc I get one turn, but it once, then I die without the heart even taking a turn

Welcome to the real boss. Noxy the first time I played against it was much like you.

• I’m not playing any cards. I’m not even drawing any cards. It’s not even a battle. I literally just die
  • My character automatically hits it a bunch of times then I fall down
  • That’s not the Heart Boss, that’s just the score screen.
  • Yeah, it's the "Next month on Slay the Spire" bit at the end like you get on tv shows.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • To fight the Heart you need to win as each class which unlocks the ability to go after the 3 keys on your ascent.
  • Aha. Thanks. Just ironclad left then
  • Silent is being tough going on a8.

Just can't get the right combo of relics/cards. Keep ending up tweener.

Try and go poison and get no help with relics or getting the multiplier.

Try and go shiv and just wiff.

Have come close a couple of times. Had Donut and co down to a third health with explosive poison thing, but couldn't stop the hits
  • MuseChick
    Show networks
    Twitter
    MuseChick
    Xbox
    MuseChick
    PSN
    MuseChick
    Steam
    musechick

Send message
    hylian_elf wrote:
    Nina wrote:
    Coming to the ps4 May 21st. Where's my Switch version though?
    FFS. I need this on Switch! Almost started playing on my laptop again recently cos getting fed up of waiting.

Saw that PS4 had a release date and quickly hurried off to the Nintendo store to see if it was the same and NOTHING. They're trying to force me to buy this on PC, PS4 and Switch aren't they?
  • Finally beat a8 with silent.

Single digit health at the end against the rat.

Poison build with no poison multiplier. Still don't know how.

Went to defect and I've made final boss 2 out 3 first attempts on a9.

Yeah...
  • Noxious fumes is generally good enough on its own that you’ll always take it regardless of whether you get catalyst. Its damage is wild off the bat.
  • Its definitely worth it for boss fights and elite fights like the sentries, gremlin boss and those slaver guys.

It's ability to remove artifacts every turn is also nice if you get it in play early against things like that floaty hallway guy with all the armour, or the automaton boss.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Haven't played much since getting into VR, but had a go this morning and, on my 300th hour I put in a great run with The Silent.

A character I am always unsure of due to her fragility, it was compounded when I got the Teacup (no healing at rest sites) after I decided to swap out the starting relic. Of all the starting relics I feel The Silent's is the one you can take a chance on swapping. My heart sank, but then decided to give it a go anyway.

I went full on defense for my opening battles. As long as I could nick a few hp here and there my tactic was to block, block, block. The only exception being those bird bastards with the ritual. Got to the first boss (Flame guy) with one intangible potion and managed to get through without losing a single hp. At this point I was building a decent poison deck and he couldn't stand up to the combo of noxious fumes, poison and catalyst. Left that fight healed up to 65hp and drew corpse explosion (excite!) and chose the Stone Rhino (?) to ensure I always had potions. Took a chance on not taking lizard tail. Thought about it but figured if I was going to die then coming back at 50% wasn't going to get me far, better to hope for HP+ or healing potions.

Second floor I essentially dodged Elites and battles most of the way, tiny chest worked out well giving me some nice extras through the halls. Entered the fight with the Automaton with around 51hp, but a good strategy around corpse exploding his minions then hit him up with poison. Of course that was the first card they took! Managed to just about beat him and figured I was dead going into the third floor when I drew After Image (I was saved). That card, once upgraded to innate, really saved my bacon. Also picking up Mango and Bandage Up (combined with Burst) meant I was going into the final boss on decent terms, think around mid 60's hp.

Gods were on my side as I got Deca and Docu. Combination of hitting up the front guy with as much poison as possible and my friend corpse explosion, followed by some Bane+'s (first time they've been really useful in a fight for me) and I made it through quite comfortably, with a fairy in the bottle just in case one of those double hits got through.

Probably the most tense game I've played and testament to the wonderfully balanced systems that still, 300+ hours in, I still want another go.

ko1sNSQ.jpg
  • What a ride.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Another Silent run, another win Asc 6. Could I be on my first roll with this game?

Still defensive/poison combo, but with a different tack. Got the Elite star as a starting relic had to really go for the elites.

Hence the much better score than yesterday.

c5a9DOP.jpg
  • I screwed the pooch so good on an ironclad run with time keeper.

Got too clever and left myself with card to play on one of his big hits. So dumb.

Was a fun hand too.

Strength, obviously, but also managed to get multiple of the card that gives block for attacks (upgraded) plus body slam (upgraded.) plus most block cards replaced with the attack that gives block as well.

Fuck I'm bad at cars names.
  • Christ.
  • After some time off I'm all over this again. I just love the Silent because there's so many ways to play. I keep fucking up but I'm having fun regardless. Just watched a Jorbs video of ASC 20. Christ that man is good.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!