Slay the Spire: B&B GOTY 2018, 2020, 2021, and Forum Pariah 2019
  • Where everyone at with this? I'm currently stuck on ASC 13 for IC and Silent.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • Heh Asc 4 with Ironclad. Had two very shit runs last night with bad health management.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Can't get past Asc1 with anyone! Managed the 3rd boss with every character but not quite managed it yet. I'm getting closer though.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Same, but I’ve just been bashing the daily climb recently. Really love some of the combos you get, and how ridiculously overpowered you can end up if there’s a lot of relics available.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Can't play due to some stylie with laptop.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Haven’t played much of anything in a while. Work is kicking my ass. But think I’m 11/8/8 on PC and 9/5/5 on Switch.
  • I can get to the last boss a fair bit but just can't seem to get past 13 on either. Haven't really bothered with Defect or the new one yet.
  • So although the genre is different this game has a structure and perhaps even a flow that could loosely be compared to Into the Breach?
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Yep. Even less narrative though
  • It certainly has a flow that is ruined by stopping and saving. I never do well if I have to stop halfway through and goi back to it later.
  • Haven't played this for quite a while and I seem to have gotten super shit at it.
  • It's a tough game. When you get to the high asc levels all the decisions matter. A bad card pick can put you in serious trouble.
  • I’d say into the breach is more reactive and less micromanagy and this is plannish and a tiny bit reactive.
  • Ooh on my current run with IC, I have pyramid and dead branch relics and fiend fire card and the double move one. Get to 10 cards, double tap with fiend fire + is nice to kill off a boss or elite.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • That's a nice build, especially if you have Corruption.

Did SASC13 finally. Might try the new char for a bit.
  • I really need to try the new character at some point. I am the worst spire slaying guy.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Was destroying nearly everything with one hit on this run.

K84ZeT4.jpg

Curse deck for strength, plus book thing for double damage on all 2+ cards, ice-cream for energy, meant when I played whirlwind it was laying waste to everything. Never had a deck like it. Only used Demon Form once.
  • Getting to the third boss consistently now with IC and Poison Gal, just falling short by literally a few HP each time.
  • I'm still learning new tactics though, the most important if which is take your time. That's a big deck SG - do you often go up to 40 cards? I thought you had to keep it small.
  • Situational innit.

That hand has a lot of cards that exhaust on use, or do something when they exhaust. Or make other cards exhaust.

Plus Icecream and corruption is a combo and a half. (energy carries over through turns, plus all skill cards exhaust and cost zero.)

He'd churn through cards and by 3 deals into a battle have halved his cards, and be left with all attacks.

• Gremill wrote:
    I'm still learning new tactics though, the most important if which is take your time. That's a big deck SG - do you often go up to 40 cards? I thought you had to keep it small.

Yeah the situation. I was leaving any curse cards in to boost strength (curse relic) and grabbing any card that did a lot of damage (2+ energy) because it'd be played twice each turn. The last act took about 5 mins because I was destroying everything in a turn or two.
  • I've never seen Whirlwind+ so powerful. I had +6 strength at the start of combat and 4 energy. That meant it would do 14*8 minimum (8+6 damage, 4 energy * 2 times) to all enemies whenever I drew at the start of combat and more when Ice Cream meant I had extra energy from previous turns. One turn I did 14 * 14 to all enemies. Mental.
  • Cos
    Show networks
    Twitter
    CallMeCosby
    Xbox
    Jacks Joystick
    PSN
    CosbyTheWise
    Steam
    Cosby
    Wii
    BillyCosby

Send message
    Gremill wrote:
    Getting to the third boss consistently now with IC and Poison Gal, just falling short by literally a few HP each time.

Pretty much where I'm at with IC now too. Had one particularly close run a few days ago but reassuringly consistent overall so more confident I'm using the right tactics. Think I'll stick with IC until I beat it before trying the other characters again.

I'm tempted to double dip on Switch but worried how much more time it will absorb!
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Had a Silent run on this today at Asc7 after not playing a long while. It’s still amazing. I organically built up a shiv deck with two accuracies, two thousand cuts and a load of cloak and dagger. Was touch and go all up to the Timekeeper which a zero card shiv deck obviously the most difficult build to pull off against this bastard. Got him down to about 90hp and I was down to 27hp when he was hitting for 28. I drew pure attacks. Died by 1 point and he would’ve gone down on the next round. Perfectly balanced game.
  • Just had a similar run with Poison Gal and got to the unawakened one on full HP with a full house of poison cards including 3 triple poisons and upgraded envenom, poison, pain stab, crippling cloud and submit Bane+. Was doing 245 poison at one point, but spunked my triples on the first round and got him down to one last round to kill outright and he killed me by 3HP. SO CLOSE.
  • I am no longer the worst player in this thread. Well, I might still be but at least I've a victory with Ironclad - after approximately 3,527 attempts.

Got a nice run of block and Body Slams going and in the third act I was, for the first time ever, generating more than 20 damage or so.

Act 3 was mostly skipped as I found a portal to jump to the boss early on.

edit: also note the middle of the night playing time as seems fairly common

F34285E368ABE6D0D88AE5D98313DF904360C1D6
  • I'm trying to get the one relic achievement. It's hard because it's hard and also it's so easy to forget and choose a relic by mistake, especially after a boss fight.
  • I finally managed to beat Asc1 with Poison Gal, using a truly stupid amount of Poison cards. Got rinsed in The End though. Nearly did it with Defect too, but just fell short.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Picked this up again on Switch after a long absence. Enjoying Defect at Asc 5. Had an hilarious point where I got to about 45 energy per turn due to a combination of ethereal form, ice cream, double energy card etc and could literally play any card that landed. Dead branch would have made it a perfect run, but managed to take down the Ascended One (always tricky with Defect) with about 8hp left.

Still an amazing game.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Picked this up again this weekend as well. Ironclad still stuck at Asc3, just took the Silent to Asc4 and looks like the Defect is at Asc6. Haven't done a run with him yet.

Agree with you Boris, still an amazing game

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!