Slay the Spire: B&B GOTY 2018, 2020, 2021, and Forum Pariah 2019
  • New character best character. 

1vVP8zk.png
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • That’s a lot of energy for a lot of zero cards.
  • I call it the Geoff Bezos manoeuvre
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • this game hasn’t saved my progress in offline mode. Ascension 11 and 12 with defect no longer registered as completed and, more importantly, ascension 17 with silent. Fuck that took so many attempts. My enthusiasm for this has died a bit
  • Aww, was having a poor run but got to the 2nd big boss The Champ and got him down to 9hp, so close!
  • this game hasn’t saved my progress in offline mode. Ascension 11 and 12 with defect no longer registered as completed and, more importantly, ascension 17 with silent. Fuck that took so many attempts. My enthusiasm for this has died a bit

Have you switched between beta and non beta, the progress reset for me when going to beta, but then came back when I switched back, as the saved runs are kept.
  • Just did back to back Silent and IC on ASC 15. Yas.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • I just started playing this thanks to xbox Gamepass on pc.

Very addictive and enjoyable. Perfect for watching tv, but then absorbs you so much you forgot what you were watching...
    SFV - reddave360
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Welcome to the addiction.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    So have been running ascension 7 with Silent on Switch. Have beat the final boss twice and ascension has not increased. Anyone had a similar bug?
  • RedDave2 wrote:
    I just started playing this thanks to xbox Gamepass on pc. Very addictive and enjoyable. Perfect for watching tv, but then absorbs you so much you forgot what you were watching...

It's depth is quite a thing. I'll still be playing this in 5 years.

Edit: Even Charlie's Mum recognised how good it is for his brain. He's good and getting better, and she knows that means yardstick smarts for a 9 yr old.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Have you made sure ascension mode is ticked Boris?
  • RedDave2 wrote:
    I just started playing this thanks to xbox Gamepass on pc. Very addictive and enjoyable. Perfect for watching tv, but then absorbs you so much you forgot what you were watching...

It's depth is quite a thing. I'll still be playing this in 5 years.

Edit: Even Charlie's Mum recognised how good it is for his brain. He's good and getting better, and she knows that means yardstick smarts for a 9 yr old.

My 10yo has started playing too and you can see it starting to click for him
    Gamertag: gremill
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Have you made sure ascension mode is ticked Boris?

Yep I’m running ascension 7 I’m gonna try defect

• One of the fattest ass whoopings I've ever dished out in my time playing this game. Watcher so best. 

• Been stuck on Asc. 13 with watcher for a bit, took a break last night and picked up Ironclad for the first time since picking the game back up, was gifted an early demon form off the second hallway fight in act 1 and went onto clear the run (apart from the heart) so that's Asc 18 cleared with old Ironballs.

Those Ascension 20 clears will be mine one day!
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Nice one!

I’ve been slowly crawling my way back up the Spire on Switch with Silent and Defect 10 and 9 respectively. Leaving IC for a while.
  • New character is now out of beta and into the main game. I’ve avoided trying the beta so will be looking forward to giving the watcher a blast later.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Asc3 with silent now. You'd think that the addiction would abate at some point, but no.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    How many hours so far?
  • b0r1s wrote:
    How many hours so far?

220! Fucking hell, I didn't realise it was so high - haven't actually been playing it that long.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I’m about 300 on PC and 125 on Switch. So easy for those hours to rack up. I’m also at roughly the same ascension levels on both. IC 12, Silent 10, Defect 10.

It goes to show how addictive it is and also how much easier starting over on Switch was for those earlier ascension runs now that I kind of know what I’m doing.
  • Man, I've totally underestimated Fire Breathing for IC. Did this card get a buff or something? 

6/10 damage to all enemies whenever you draw a curse or status card gets ridiculous against any enemy that applies status effects (like all the slimes from slime boss, the cloaked guy in Act 2 hallway fights that gives you ethereal cards for skill uses, the Guardians on Act 1) and also IC has some really good cards that do a lot of damage or block for low mana at the expense of adding wounds/burns etc into your deck. 

So far I've been trying it out on my last couple of Asc 19 runs as it's come up and it's carried me into Act 3 but I need to find the balance for how many status cards to play as I have died when the status cards in the deck stop me from drawing block and the fire breathing damage doesnt scale so killing high hp enemies takes a while. 

That said, I have a demon form on the current run after the act 1 boss and also got the relic that gives you 1 extra mana but puts 2 wounds in your deck at the start of combat, so that's a win/win for me. Hopefully I can wrangle the fire breathing and the strength scaling to clear this run.
  • Nope, get the fuck outta here Spire, it literally offered me not a single block card in any of the hallway fights in act 2 so I died.
  • Fuck you I won't do what you tell me, etc. 

Asc 19 cleared with IC, with a Fire Breathing / Juggernaut wombo combo deck.

thE8vu5.jpg
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    It doesn't count if you don't stream it.

(seriously, good job, less than an hour too!)
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I’m playing the Watcher. Don’t have a clue what I’m doing.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Ok managed to get half way up the third floor so. It too bad. Still got 4 unlocks to go. I played a couple games of the beta and didn’t see the appeal but just playing one now I can. It’s a very different style of play.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    She might have changed quite a bit since the beta, I'm not sure. From what I gather from Jorbs his streams they tweaked her quite a bit. Will have to wait for the switch update myself.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I'm going again tonight, pretty sure I can win. The damage output is ridiculous.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!