Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Just had my first win with a the Watcher. Such a satisfying game style. More risk reward in your game choices and card order (something I normally don’t think about too much) is definitely far more important. Deca Donu went down surprisingly quick and I didn’t even get into divinity.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Battle Hymn plus Establishment plus Devotion. What a combo! Loving this.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    And that’s the Timekeeper wrecked. Ragnarok was doing 69x6 damage on a non exhaust card.
  • Ragnarok is pretty great if you have some strength buffs and then go into divinty or wrath. I've been finding Watcher increasingly difficult as I've gone up the ascension levels, to the point now where for me personally, I find her as hard as Silent to do well with, I really struggle getting the damage mitigation balanced with trying to get her to be able to do some decent damage so she can actually finish off bosses before they go too far into their final phases. 

Managed to get the second Act 3 boss on an Asc 20 run with IC earlier for the first time, was two turns away from winning but misplayed, put impervious on top of my draw pile for next turn then played which made ink well trigger and draw it back into my hand. FML.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I hate it when you don’t consider all the permutations or you forget a relic is gonna trigger. You only have yourself to blame, but you still feel shit when you do it.

I’ve not revisited IC in a while. Gonna carry on with Watcher for a while until I’m losing too many in a row.
  • Either I got a lot better or I'm finding watcher the easiest class
  • Watcher totally smokes the lower ascensions for sure, there's nothing that the enemies can really do to compensate even for the basic Eruption burst damage she starts with. The risk/reward for pushing your luck and staying in Wrath is pretty minimal outside of the critical moments in a boss fight or the multiple opponent elite fights, that was my experience. 

Although, that said, I think for everyone that played before Watcher dropped, picking her up and getting for a feel what are the really good/bad things to do are easier the 4th time around.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I think having played a lot of hours with the other characters it was much easier and quicker to pick up the importance of the different synergies.

There is still risk and sometimes the RNG can fuck you. For example I had nemesis down to 70hp I had the relic that always gives you a card when you run out (spinning top?) and spent all my miracles then the next two card cards I drew were bloody judgements.
  • Well, after complaining about my Silent skills I channeled my inner lucker and wound up clearing ASC 17 with a real nice poison/block deck. That's all characters now on Asc 18 apart from IC who is on Asc 20. I almost never play for heart clears though, so those final Asc 20 heart runs are going to be BRUTAL. 

K0oNpXg.jpg
  • This game does that thing where you bruise your way through a level but when you up the difficulty you cannot comprehend how the earlier level was a challenge at all.
  • Agree, it does that very well.
  • Cos
    Show networks
    Twitter
    CallMeCosby
    Xbox
    Jacks Joystick
    PSN
    CosbyTheWise
    Steam
    Cosby
    Wii
    BillyCosby

Send message
    b0r1s wrote:
    I hate it when you don’t consider all the permutations or you forget a relic is gonna trigger. You only have yourself to blame, but you still feel shit when you do it.

Got to the Act 3 boss Time Eater with a solid build that was laying waste to everything, confident I'd finally get that first win. Fucking Time Warp though. About to deliver some huge damage but wasn't paying attention - I'd played the twelfth card and turn was over.

Haven't raged so much at my own incompetence in a long time. It was repeated when I forgot about TW again shortly after and fucked the battle.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    He is a bugger. I like a lots of card use decks (shivs, card draw etc. ) but be really fucks that up.
  • It's the Unawakened zombie wolf boss that I can't beat. I've never been able to defeat him at any time. I'm up to Asc3 on Silent and Defect, but can't get a break with IC. I've had three or four runs with no strength cards coming up at all.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • He's my least favourite boss to fight as well, really requires you to be able to do two things well in handling his birb lads before they scale out of control while tanking the additional damage from the boss at the same time.

The good thing is you know if you have a deck with a frew power cards in it you are almost guaranteed to get him as the end boss so you can start thinking about how to beat him a bit earlier than other bosses in a run I find.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Yep as soon as you get some power cards and Defect seems to be full of em you get this guy. Tbh he doesn’t bother me. I’d rather have this guy than Time Eater.
  • The decks inform the bosses? Whaaaat?
  • Only in act 3 I think. If you are playing a lot of cards a turn you can bet you're getting Timekeeper as the boss as well.
  • I was under the impression the seed generated at the start determined the boss
  • That's probably what it actually is code, but I swear every time i have a powers run with defect I get awakened one!

MUH CONFIRMATION BIAS!!!
  • The decks inform the bosses? Whaaaat?

Gamertag: gremill
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I've fiddled with save editors for lol runs. Its predetermined at the start and you can change it potentially, not that I've tried.
  • This was a fun run, got an early Omega, Apparitions and a Spade and just went for a stall tactic, trying to get Omega going using apparitions, then later a bit of scrying and a vault, oh yeah and a second Omega was nice as well, managed to get them upgraded a couple of times to do the full 120 damage at the end of each turn. 

BI9YdTt.jpg
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    What’s an Omega? Don’t think I’ve unlocked everything yet.
  • It's the Alpha card. Its 1 mana and puts a 2 mana beta in the draw pile, you play the beta and it puts a 3 mana power, Omega in the draw pile, you play that and you do 50 damage to all enemies at the end of each turn.

I think it sounds better than it is, its quite slow to get going so you need some sort of damage mitigation available and preferably more than 3 energy so you aren't helpless on the omega turn if what you're fighting doesn't die to the first blast.
  • Haven’t managed a good Watcher run yet. Overplaying the wrath mechanic I think.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I’m loving every watcher run I do. Win or lose. It’s always enjoyable. I feel like taking more chances with the watcher. Don’t know all the combos yet and haven’t unlocked everything but Calm cards plus that card that gives you block when upgraded is a good way towards surviving quite a few fights.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Cheers Rouj. Don’t think I’ve got that card yet.
  • Asc 20 cleared for the first time, wooooooo! This deck ended up being truly one of the most disgusting decks I've ever run. Necronomicon with Reaper and strength scaling and pyramid to hold the cards makes pretty much every fight a case of stomping the enemy and if you are taking damage just finish the fight with a double hitting reaper and full heal. 

1C0MRzI.jpg

My only regret is not going for the key segments as this deck would have smashed the heart.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Noice!! I’m still struggling around the early double digits.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!