Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Been stuck in a rut for ages on Switch. Finally broke through to Asc 13 with Silent with a stabby/noxious fumes deck. Very enjoyable game.
  • Nice one! Grats Boris!
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Cheers! Couldn’t sleep so just cleared 13 and on to 14. Amazing how in the early days you are so worried about surviving you don’t make the right decisions when it comes to risk, blocking too much, healing at fires etc. A lot of the game is knowing when to take the chance.

Going into Deca Docu with a corpse explosion I obviously used it early on, but the risk was to then use wraith form+ on the second turn hoping my stabby girl would be strong enough (thank you 3 x Infinite Blades and 3 x Accuracy) to do the damage before the intangible wore off. And it just paid off. One turn of full whack damage was all I needed.

Can I make it to 20? Think it’s going to be a while yet.
  • It's a bit odd just how good this game is. To sort of invent a sub-genre and nail it with a bit of post-stat card tweaking seems ridiculous, but I guess when you know what you're doing you know what you're doing.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • Just beat the heart on ascension 17 with watcher. Only the 2nd time I’ve beaten it, with the last time being ascension 3 with ironclad. Really feeling super pleased as the battle wasn’t even close. Absolutely smashed it in the minimum number of turns possible and hardly took any damage at all.
  • When Dead Branch meets Corruption:

20200220121218-1.jpg
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • You love to see it.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Oh yes!
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I think I need to uninstall this from my PC and Switch. I’m supposed to be doing the 52 game thing and all I do is play this.
  • Every ascension completed feels like my greatest gaming achievement. Been absolutely seasoning this for the last two days. Onto Ascension 19 for both ironclad and watcher, and ascension 20 for silent. Not feeling much love for defect. I do still try occasionally but sadly stuck on 14 for now. 

Some of these runs have been absolutely magic. On my last silent attempt (a19) I managed to go infinite for the first time. the spinning top relic which makes you draw a card when empty handed was essential. Had the colourless card which lets you exhaust a lot, in combo with plenty 0 energy attacks and the card which discards 3 cards for 2 energy. Only managed to pull it off once, but on the last boss when I was one hit from death. Glorious.
  • Just arriving at the end of act 1, ascension 20 with ironclad. Have dead branch, corruption, immolate in deck. If I don't complete it this time I probably never will.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Still going?
  • Took black star at end of first act. At first I thought perhaps this was too ambitious and that I should have gone for extra energy, but actually it's paid off. picked up shuriken and letter opener along the way and these combo exceptionally well with dead branch and corruption.

Now at start of act 3. aim toward shops to spend my 600 gold, or extra elites and possibility of the heart.

Think I will probably play it safe and heads towards shops. Would be so pissed at myself if I fucked this up from here.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Gotta love a corruption and dead branch combo. Good luck
  • Smashed it. Finished the last boss on full health. Didn't even use one of my two potions. Really should have gone for the heart. I doubt I will ever get a better deck than that.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Noice. What was the final boss? Assuming not Time Eater as it doesn’t work well with that type of deck.
  • Deca and Donu first, then Time Eater after.
  • Corruption and Dead Branch are probably the only slightly game breaking combo imo, but only slightly. It's just a mad randomised run that's super effective even though you have no real control over it.
  • I had a lovely discard deck the other week with Silent. Took forever but it was quite satisfying.
  • Ascension 20 with watcher complete. Final battle took me almost an hour, but the cautious approach paid off
  • Nice!!! I've got to the act 3 boss once or twice with watcher on Asc 20 but I always seem to run out of blocking before I can land the knockout punches.

I managed to get Silent one up to Asc 19 tbe other day with a standard poison intangible deck. Still only managed to clear Asc 20 with IC at this point, nowhere near getting a heart clear at that level yet for me.
  • I really thought id fucked it. First battle was time eater and that used up all my potions and most of my health (went into facing the awakened one with 21 hp). Nilry's codex saved the day, by adding an extra meditate, establishment and additional card draw into my deck early on. From there, and with some very careful play, I was able to cycle through my deck until every card cost 0 energy and I was able to go infinite.
  • Big brain plays!!!
  • Fuck. I think this might be my favourite game of all time. Just passed the 400 hour mark- and very little of that is idling at the menu.
  • Somehow it just keeps getting better and better, even after all this time.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    It’s pretty amazing. Just got to Asc 12 with a monster Watcher deck. Not a lot of energy, which is usually easy with this character but had dead branch which combined very well with those retained attacks and blocks that exhaust. Very satisfying killing the ascended one.

Have only beat the Heart once I have to admit and that was back in the day with IC. I really must play against it more to understand how to beat it.
  • That's ascension 20 with silent done too now. That run took 3 hours. Only defect left now, but I doubt I will get around to that any time soon as I don't especially enjoy the character. 

Something definitely clicked with this game recently and my understanding of it jumped up a level. It probably owes to watching jorbs videos. For a long, long time I was stuck on ascension 17 with seemingly no way of progressing, and then suddenly in this last week my win average shot right up.
  • why arent I bored yet
  • Recent silent asc 20 run was a discard build ft runic pyramid. managed it with only 3 energy, which was very satisfying. I think my watcher run was also only 3 energy, which although a hindrance definitely forces more careful play.
  • Fuck. I think this might be my favourite game of all time. Just passed the 400 hour mark- and very little of that is idling at the menu.

It's certainly one of mine. It's fascinating, mathematically. The fact you can to an extent control deck size makes it ridiculously complicated.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!