Slay the Spire: B&B GOTY 2018, 2020, 2021, and Forum Pariah 2019
  • Finally beat a20 with defect. All characters done now. why am I still playing this. even if I manage to beat the heart at a20 with all characters there's no guarantee I will be bored yet
  • If you play the switch one it now has the purple character to play as.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    About time. Did it also sort out the curse boss relic. On the switch it was giving you three curses for three relics. On PC you now just get a unique curse you can’t get rid of for the three curses.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Finally beat a20 with defect. All characters done now. why am I still playing this. even if I manage to beat the heart at a20 with all characters there's no guarantee I will be bored yet

Missed this Noxy. Well done. That is some going!!

• Got to Bronze Automaton

Died!
  • That was very bold of you.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • I hope he's not talking about teh virus.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • Hullo, I will be streaming this tonight from 20:00 for a bit if anyone wants to watch or come hurl your abuse at me in these trying times. Will have a go at a couple of Asc.20 runs and see if I make any progress with clearing them.

https://twitch.tv/mm_roujin
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Roujin wrote:
    Hullo, I will be streaming this tonight from 20:00 for a bit if anyone wants to watch or come hurl your abuse at me in these trying times. Will have a go at a couple of Asc.20 runs and see if I make any progress with clearing them.

https://twitch.tv/mm_roujin

I will try having never heard of this game or know anything about it.
  • It's the best game.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Get it Dino
  • This thread has been here for 2 years. SMDH Dino.
  • Done a20 heart run with ironclad and watcher now. Just defect and silent left and then there is technically no reason to continue playing this
  • Asc. 20 (minus the heart) done with Watcher, woo! Also just Defect and Silent to go like Code. I feel like watcher and Ironclads ability to put out big damage in a more straightforward fashion that Silent or Defect makes the runs a bit more forgiving.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • I'm just getting into watcher just now. She's great.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    She really is, excellent play style and so very different from anything else.
  • How is this game so good? How do they do this??? I've put in over 500 hrs and it's still so best.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Restarted my save as not played in about 6 monnths. Asc 3 after 3 runs on IC. Amazing how much easier it feels.
  • a20 heart with defect completed. just silent left now.
  • This might be my silent a20 heart winning run. Would be a great way to finish as it's surely the best/most fun deck I ever had in this game.

Took lots of money from the whale and bought Prismatic Shard at the first shop early on, which has never worked for me previously. Act 1 was a real struggle, despite picking up Dead Branch and Gremlin Horn. Literally made it with 1 life left. Took a big gamble with the relic which swaps all your strikes and defends for random cards. This got me Endless Agony, Adrenaline and some other decent cards that partner well with the exhaust synergy, but unfortunately left me with no defensive options at all. But then I lucked out picking up apparitions in first question mark of act 2, and things just went crazy from there with some great pickups.

From Ironclad's pool I got Feed, to bump up my health, and from the Watcher I got Lesson Learned. But the key to making this deck fucking ace has been Echo Form, which is incredible with Catalyst, Adrenaline, Pressure Points, Apparitions, or just about anything in my deck.
  • This is back working on my laptop. Ohoh.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Made it to unawakened and a turn away from a win on first game back with new char.

Rusty though.
  • Not that rusty though. 7 runs for 3 wins with new char. She's pretty OP for early ascension. Some of the stuff you can do is nuts. And some of the new potions and relics are nuts.
  • Cos
    Show networks
    Twitter
    CallMeCosby
    Xbox
    Jacks Joystick
    PSN
    CosbyTheWise
    Steam
    Cosby
    Wii
    BillyCosby

Send message
    Double dipped and picked this up on Switch recently as I wasn't getting much time with it on the bone. On the plus side, it's given me confidence that I am improving but I've just been so stop-start in playing and learning.

Hopefully be able to dedicate more time to it now. I can consistently reach the boss on Act III with Ironclad but just can't beat the bastard(s). The Awakened One completely smashed me in the most recent attempt despite me laying waste to everything on the way. Need a rethink but still bloody loving it.
  • Tips for the the awakened one:

- take care of the birds first
    - if you see he is the last boss when beginning act 3, don’t add unnecessary powers to your deck
    - fight strategy should be centered on scaling damage while blocking as much as you can. You want to make sure you are at peak power before he ‘dies’ then regenerates to full health. It isn’t necessarily a good idea to try and reduce his first healthbar as quickly as possible, although you will want to do this for his second block of health
    - use your non-essential (not scaling) powers After first lowering his health to 0. He does not receive and buffs during this turn
  • ^good tips. I remember when I eventually beat him for the first time, it was exactly after killing birds first and then I beat his second form with like 2 hits or something.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Cos
    Show networks
    Twitter
    CallMeCosby
    Xbox
    Jacks Joystick
    PSN
    CosbyTheWise
    Steam
    Cosby
    Wii
    BillyCosby

Send message
    Yeah, great tips. Cheers, Code!

I actually did the complete opposite to most of those (ignoring birds and focusing on taking his health down) as I've rarely, if ever, battled him before.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Overall tip for all characters in general. Don’t underestimate card draw. It may be nice to get a big damage deck but look for those cards or relics that help with draw. The more you can control what’s in your hand the better you’ll do.
  • Card draw is good. However you do it, control over what cards are coming is vital. That's why small decks can work. It's why scry with new char is so awesome. (and it's why enemies that fill your deck with shit suck.)
  • Started playing this again after a pretty long break and have played my first few runs with the new character. Wow, there's a lot going on there. Not sure I quite understand all of the stances or card interactions yet but there's fucking tonnes of options. JUDGED.
    Gamertag: gremill

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!