Slay the Spire: B&B GOTY 2018, 2020, 2021, and Forum Pariah 2019
  • I was just about to pack this in (or try to, again) when I went ask the way to the Unawakened with IC, a shitload of different attack/strike cards, a couple of strength buffs and 2HB+ with 3 PS+. Had a cultist potion for the finale and fucked him up good, doing about 160 damage at the end. Sacred Bark is great - that cult portion was like Denim Form++
    Gamertag: gremill
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Good old Denim Form :-)

Nice work!
  • Just got my first ever back to back a20 victories. The 2nd being a really abstract curse deck with watcher. Absolutely hammering this game again, just for the sake of getting better. best game ever
  • Yeah I think it's my fave too. I'm struggling with heart ascensions. Getting the tricolours for a heart run really cuts your chances.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • It's amazing that after hundreds of hours a new deck style can still surprise you.
  • Beat the heart on ascension 1 thanks to the apparitions and despite a pretty crap deck. I've found that picking the apparitions and the vampire cards generally works well.
    I win... in the most minor way possible.
  • mmGQPiF.png
    So close and yet...

Having played corruption and cycled my deck I had no more block cards to come
  • Jesus this game. I was dead sure I'd had my fill a month or so but suddenly it clicked again. Been hitting it really hard this last week and got to the heart at a20 my last 3 runs, with 2 victories. But this last run had got to be one of the best I ever had, primarily because of brimstone. I honestly didn't think it was even possible to beat the heart with that relic. Good as it is it's a death sentence for those massive multi hit attacks. 

Key components were runic pyramid, 3 x feel no pain (upgraded), corruption, dark embrace, 2 x reaper and ice cream cone. Strategy was to stall early game accumulating strength, energy and the key combo cards in hand, playing reapers to top up health when needed. After corruption and dark embrace were played it was very easy to stockpile block to fend off anything the enemies could throw at me. Then I'd cycle the deck at speed when strength reached a point where I had lethal. 

Of course, with the heart it's not that simple because of the damage limit it can take per turn. I think I took 5-10 mins per turn figuring out the optimum play which at times was quite overwhelming but somehow got there in the end.
  • 90 pages, sheesh! I'm new to this, still playing away not 100% sure if I'm doing it right but hopefully I'll learn something by starting at page 1........
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • Nah, 90 pages of thread too long, go look up some videos by Jorbs on Youtube for getting started in Spire land.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Good shout.

Anyone crossplay xbox and PC? Is it possible to continue my game from the xbox on my PC?
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    I've played on both and the saves weren't synced. Was a while ago though so it might be different now.
  • Cheers Goober, doesn't seem to be any different.
  • I think I'm going to like The Silent.

Edit: meant The Defect!
  • Silent is better. 

In other news I just got an email from them saying they've released 27Gb of playthrough data for ML projects like mine.
  • I'll mention ring of pain again here. Well worth checking
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Apparently there's been an update? Lots of buffs for silent.
  • Having a weird time with defect.
    I like using him but can’t seem to get him sing.
    Just watched someone on twitch who breezed all the acts and the heart with what looked like something that wasn’t that different from the builds I use. Lots of lightening, some frost and try to get as much focus as possible.
    He did get lunch with three +focus pickups, but I’m not exactly sure how he was doing it but most of his enemies where debuffed and only attacking with a couple of damage nearly every round.
    Any ideas what that might be?
    By the end he had an entire tire of relics and when selecting them you didn’t get a chance to read them.
    So it might be some kind of relic debuff?
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • You'd need to link to the video so we could see, there are a lot of things in the game that can do all sorts of things - some relics do debuff enemies, apparition means they only do 1 damage for a turn for example. 

The general problem that tends to be common with the game is looking at other decks and relic set ups and thinking "but I had that!" when that's not really how the game works, you take your fights one by one, and your cards one by one. If you end up dead with the same deck as someone else, it doesn't mean much because how you got there matters a lot. What looks like lots of lightning and a few frost cards is more likely a very specific set of cards that slot together very well.
  • Really appreciating the latest patch. Shivs and discard now more viable for Silent, as are 'lose x health' builds for IC.
  • Tempy wrote:
    You'd need to link to the video so we could see, there are a lot of things in the game that can do all sorts of things - some relics do debuff enemies, apparition means they only do 1 damage for a turn for example. 

The general problem that tends to be common with the game is looking at other decks and relic set ups and thinking "but I had that!" when that's not really how the game works, you take your fights one by one, and your cards one by one. If you end up dead with the same deck as someone else, it doesn't mean much because how you got there matters a lot. What looks like lots of lightning and a few frost cards is more likely a very specific set of cards that slot together very well.
    IT WAS APPARITION.
    I saw the card name but I was watching on my phone and he played them so quick I couldn’t read the text.
    Does it generate another apparition in your deck? because he seemed to have an endless stream of them.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • Just 5, via an event, but there may be a way to get more.
  • Up to Ascension 7 on all four characters now - finally managed it with Watcher using a mantra focused deck with double devotion and double brilliance along with the relic that gives you 1 mantra every turn. On Deca/Donu I was hitting divine stance every other turn.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Nice! I dare not step back into this game.
  • I still play this almost every day. It's utterly genius in that the better I get the more I'm able to identify ways to improve further. I don't think it's humanly possible to hit the skill ceiling with this, although I'm probably not far from  my personal limit, which in turn is depressingly far from anything jorbs manages to do without even concentrating. 

There are ways I'm quite error prone and practice hasn't reduced the frequency of certain types of errors occurring. Every run I do will have at least one big fuck up, although fortunately this doesn't always happen on a dangerous turn.
  • I've hit a wall @ Asc 12 for heart runs. I often get to the heart but always get humped.
  • Very tempted to get this on the switch - true, its got that nintendo tax but its on sale at the moment so not quite so harsh and its a perfect portable game.
    SFV - reddave360
  • RedDave2 wrote:
    Very tempted to get this on the switch - true, its got that nintendo tax but its on sale at the moment so not quite so harsh and its a perfect portable game.
    That's all I play it on now - I payed £12 for it and it's worth every penny and more.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!