Slay the Spire: B&B GOTY 2018, 2020, 2021, and Forum Pariah 2019
  • I got the gold scales boss last time. Sometimes I get slime.
  • I never had anything else but maybe that's normal. I only ask because I think the random number generator at the game's core might have got stuck for my copy. Looking through my run history it seems I haven't had necronomicon in over year, which would surely be incredibly unlikely given the amount I have played this.

No necro is a shame. How many times have you got the book relic though?
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    this mind bloom event where you can fight a boss from act 1 for a rare relic; do you guys always face hexaghost?

Mainly Hexa, occasionally the other two.

• Yeah, anecdata, but similar to Boris.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • okay  so my games definitely fucked then. pretty sure ive not had another boss for that fight even once in all the time ive been playing. If I ever did it's well over a year ago. No idea how I would go about fixing this.

I take more question marks in act 2 than any other act, as it has quite a few of my favourite rewards. I've been aware of necronomicon not showing up for a few months now, but I just figured it would correct itself eventually.
  • this mind bloom event where you can fight a boss from act 1 for a rare relic; do you guys always face hexaghost?

Don't think so.

Do the bonfire fairies ever give anything in return? I've lost a couple of decent cards for no return so now use it to get rid of a strike.
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • The bonfire faeries usually give something back with upgraded and rare cards. Useful if you want to slim the deck?
    okay  so my games definitely fucked then. pretty sure ive not had another boss for that fight even once in all the time ive been playing. If I ever did it's well over a year ago. No idea how I would go about fixing this.

I take more question marks in act 2 than any other act, as it has quite a few of my favourite rewards. I've been aware of necronomicon not showing up for a few months now, but I just figured it would correct itself eventually.

Depending on the strength of your deck/performance the game might favor the 'stronger' boss?

Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Hodge360 wrote:
    this mind bloom event where you can fight a boss from act 1 for a rare relic; do you guys always face hexaghost?

Don't think so.

Do the bonfire fairies ever give anything in return? I've lost a couple of decent cards for no return so now use it to get rid of a strike.

I use it to get rid of strikes or curses (they give you poo for the latter) and I’ve given away a 3 cost power once. I think they either healed me or upped my Max Hp. I can’t recall exactly but didn’t think it was worth the trade off.
  • Free card removal service it shall continue as so.
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • I've been playing this again as it works after being broken for a while (randomly, and no apparent way to fix it on pc gamepass).

Since I hadn't played much watcher, I thought I'd give it a go this time. I'm up to ascension 7 but Jesus Christ she makes you work for it. Even a good deck feels like it can immediately go wrong, and turns always seem to start with me staring at my cards thinking I don't know what I'm going to do.

The heart also feels very difficult for her (haven't managed it yet).
  • The watcher is different from the other characters in that when she goes offense she has to drop her defense entirely and vice versa. One wrong stance change can cost you the run no matter how strong your relics or deck. She is by far the hardest to master. I managed to beat the heart with the other three characters multiple times except for her.
  • I suspect a watcher deck with good defensive tools and a couple of pressure points cards is probably decent at taking down the heart provided you can cycle the pressure points fast enough.

Can't remember if the heart is able to clear debuffs though.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • I’m only on asc3 with Silent and Defect. I find the former a bit boring (early on anyway) and the latter much more interesting. 3 runs or act 3 boss last night and messed up. I get too cocky thinking I know my cards and energy etc and play too quickly. Sometimes I end a turn with energy left because I’m not paying attention to the flower relic or something else (horn). Other times I use cards in stupid order. Should take my time a bit more.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • this mind bloom event where you can fight a boss from act 1 for a rare relic; do you guys always face hexaghost?

No, it mixes it up for me regularly.

Just completed Asc8 with defect, going heavy on the power cards and the mummified hand relic. Ended up with 4 defragment+ cards, capacitor, loads of ice and an even mix of lightning and dark. Was expecting manbearpig at the end due to all of the power cards but got Deca/Donu who didn't stand a chance once I got my orbs rotating. I think they did 4 damage to me in the end.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Who is manbearpig?
  • I love the power cards that channel lightning with a power card and the one that does lightning to all enemies and channels 2, and the one that channels a lightning when you get hit. 

Got those yesterday with extra orb slots and mummified hand and lock-on and a couple of defragmentation. Act 3 went well until elite just before boss fucked me a bit and I went into Time Eater with lower than ideal health and he killed me. :(
  • hunk wrote:
    The watcher is different from the other characters in that when she goes offense she has to drop her defense entirely and vice versa

Some of the best ways to block with watcher are offensively. Talk to the hand + tantrum,  for example, and that's only at basic synergy. Mental fortress can be insane in long, offensive turns switching in and out of wrath. and then there's wallop too. That's just off the top of my head and not even considering relics
  • hunk wrote:
    The watcher is different from the other characters in that when she goes offense she has to drop her defense entirely and vice versa

Some of the best ways to block with watcher are offensively. Talk to the hand + tantrum,  for example, and that's only at basic synergy. Mental fortress can be insane in long, offensive turns switching in and out of wrath. and then there's wallop too. That's just off the top of my head and not even considering relics

Those are my fave watcher tactics too! They work great against normal baddies and bosses but in act4 you go up against a double boss act; the magic spear wielders and the heart with no breather to heal. Unless you have the healing relic that heals before boss fights. Otherwise odds are very, very much against her.

• hylian_elf wrote:
    Who is manbearpig?

Sorry, the wolfbirdtwat at the end of the 3rd act. He's a pisser to fight of you've gone power cards mad.
  • Ah right. I had to look up whether you meant Time Water whom I call a snail. Looked up a pic now. Yep. Snail. 

Yeah Awakened One (?) looks like a wolf to me. Crossed with some bird.
  • Gremill wrote:
    hylian_elf wrote:
    Who is manbearpig?
    Sorry, the wolfbirdtwat at the end of the 3rd act. He's a pisser to fight of you've gone power cards mad.

I used to think that but if you have mummified hand and a decent first rush at him you can take down his first form quick and if I remember right his second form doesnt have the power card buff?

The Donut boys feel like a cheap one (much like the headless suit of armour in act 2) but that time slug fucker breaks me so many times. His healing is up there with Gils resurrection for just being soul destroying.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Just started a Watcher run on Asc8. First three relics have been frozen egg, dead branch and pen nib. This means I'll fuck it up.
  • Does dead branch do much for Watcher? The character seems to benefit a lot from having a really small, tight hand, so I would have thought it would fuck you up.
  • It's the first time I've had it for her, bit it seems to be doing the job. All those exhaustible cards she tends to get are generating some bonkers combos. I've also got the violet lotus relic that gives you extra energy.
  • Breezed through act 2, got fucked on the second fight on act 3!
  • Finally beat asc3 with Defect. Pure lightning deck. All came together. The necessary power cards and orb slots etc. Act 3 boss was Time Eater, after I channeled tonnes of orbs, did double thunder strike+ on a turn then used potion to get that card back for 0 cost and did it again and summoned another tonne of lightning to kill him off. I love it when it comes together, hate it when it doesn’t cos I know it’s my fault!

Carefully chose cards and route and slimmer deck etc. Feel like it was a very good run.

Gonna continue to try and progress Defect and Silent before I either get back to Watcher (even further behind) or asc10 with IC.

I just got slime boss on latest run.
  • Been chipping away at ac20 with defect.

Made it to first of final bosses. Gave em a good shake, but not quite. Pretty fun/tight claw deck.

I'm still great and you still love it.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    I just got slime boss on latest run.

What?? I always always get Hex.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • Maybe it’s starts happening at a certain ascension? I can’t find mention of it though

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!