Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    b0r1s wrote:
    Had some amazing gifts from my secret Santa this year. Unfortunately I don’t have an Xbox One X but have been the recipient of the F1 2018 game for the console.

It’s brand new and sealed and id love to play it. So does someone want it? Have checked and my secret Santa has kindly allowed me to pass it on.

First come first served.

Alternative is one of you kind Xbox owners buys me an Xbox One X :-D

Quoted for the page turn.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Ahh didn’t realise. See shows how much I know about The Xbox this generation
  • Will it not work no regularly bone?
    The Forum Herald™
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Yes, it will.
  • jdanielp
    Show networks
    Facebook
    jdanielp
    Twitter
    jdanielp
    Xbox
    jdanielp
    PSN
    jdanielp_uk
    Steam
    jdanielp_uk

Send message
    Downloaded the demo on PS4 since the full game was on offer. It seems like a good effort, but I found out that I don't like the PS4 pad for racing games (playing a serious racing game using a pad obviously isn't the best idea...) although having the engineer speak to me through the pad was quite a nice touch. I ran through practice 1 and 2 for Australia, pulling off some satisfactory work for the team while completely failing in various respects (what they wanted from me for the ERS programme I have absolutely no idea...), then jumped to qualifying since it was getting late. I didn't realise that one lap qualifying actually meant I would only have one attempt to set a one lap time so I ended up in last place after a scrappy lap, not helped by the fact that I decided to change my set-up compared to what I had during practice, which took a little getting used to. I made it up to tenth place over the course of the race, beating my team-mate Ocon, who had qualified in tenth, by a second or two. I will admit to using a number of flashbacks in order to achieve this and, despite that, still had to have my front wing changed at the pit-stop due to damage! Presumably the competition were set at their very easiest.
  • It's a fun game, I need to finish my season off.
  • We’re all waiting mate
    The Forum Herald™
  • Really have to finish a season in the previous game. Was at italian gp if I recall correctly
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    Bob, still at Monza. Hopefully get some time to play over xmas and update this thread

For sure
    The Forum Herald™
  • I've been playing it bit by bit since it came on gamepass...just finished the silverstone race.
    Currently playing as Williams though have the AI prob a bit too easy as I'm able to win in most dry races...though the car is still a piece of shit so places like monaco and any time it rains it becomes much more of a struggle, and I really don't have the patience for a realistic midfield battle every race. Also i'm prone to the odd rash mistake and I try not to overuse the flashback unless I bin it completely, so that usually keeps the races interesting rather than just running away with them.
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Bob wrote:
    Dinostar77 wrote:
    Bob, still at Monza. Hopefully get some time to play over xmas and update this thread

For sure

Gonna carry on from monza tonight hopefully. Wannabe het season finished before new game is released. As playstation is now downstairs it will be back to control pad and not wheel an pedals setup.

• I've been playing it bit by bit since it came on gamepass...just finished the silverstone race.
    Currently playing as Williams though have the AI prob a bit too easy as I'm able to win in most dry races...though the car is still a piece of shit so places like monaco and any time it rains it becomes much more of a struggle, and I really don't have the patience for a realistic midfield battle every race. Also i'm prone to the odd rash mistake and I try not to overuse the flashback unless I bin it completely, so that usually keeps the races interesting rather than just running away with them.

Adjust the AI as you go till your happy. You'll get it to a point where it's just about right for yourself and your targets. I need to get monza out of the way as its Singapore next and that's probably my favourite track in the game, get in the groove and its hypnotic. Love that track in the game.
  • I had a go of this online last night for the first time. Pretty good setup, not too much hanging about...1 shot qualifying then a 5 lap race was the setup i was in, with all cars equal.

Did ok in a few races, was trying to race very fair and avoid collisions etc...managed to bin it when in good positions a couple of times just by getting a bit too greedy on accelerating on the kerbs, but had some good races and finished in the top 3 a couple of times (no where near the winner though who seemed a cut above).
    last race though went to shit. was at Yas Marina, qualified 3rd, decent start, but then got absolutely punted off the track from behind at 1st corner...felt like i got hit again off track while trying to recover, then as i made my way back on track, got hit again which speared me across the track hitting two others for my first warnings for crashing.
    got back into the race and was gaining on someone who was on voice chat, and they were complaining about some idiots crashing into people - then he made a mistake, i went past, and he just drove into me at the next corner, which seemed a bit hypocritical.

and that was time for bed.

still though, it was good fun, and you get through races quicker than the career mode so it's a nice pace to it all, plus the intensity of racing with humans.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    I managed to find a good group of guys for F1 2014 for online races. They were very good at trying to avoid crashes, and would call out as they made a move on you so you didn't accidentally turn in on them. It was all very civilised.
  • yeah, finding a group of fair racers would make a big difference.  It's not even the first corner yahoos that really wind me up (they do a bit, but you kind of expect it)...but i'm finding that even once the race settles and you're against players that are at least capable of stringing decent laps together, there's a lot that will simply punt you off the road once they get near.
  • So here's the story of my Spa race in career mode.

Qualy was dry, and I got pole. However the race was full wets, chucking it down, but expected to improve.
    Usually I struggle in the wet, and my williams is a bit of a dog when it's not dry. But i got a great start, survived the first corner, got through eau rouge and kept the lead. Things settled with me in the lead, Ham second, followed by Bottas, Vettel and Max.
    After 5 laps, the engineer said to pit for inters...but it was still raining and seemed too risky so i ignored it. Bottas and Vettel pitted though.
    Each lap they said to pit, each lap i still felt it was too wet...but i was starting to lock up and slide more, losing a little time. Ham had closed right behind me with max not far behind him, and Bottas and Vettel were setting fastest laps.
    With about 4 laps to go, I decided to pit. Lewis followed me in, but Max stayed out trying to complete the race on wets. I came out in 4th, behind Max, Bottas and Vettel, and set about trying to close the gap.
    At the start of the 2nd last lap i caught and passed Vettel, held him off through the chicane at the end of the main straight. Max was obviously struggling, and by the end of the lap we had all closed up.

it seems you can't 'share' from f1, so i had to use my phone to video the screen to capture what happened next. And it's on google photos so i don't think it will embed!
    https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipMyJ3jDp-MPLgZZqhhMmRqezE-EsHJY8_562Kpii_AmgUDpMjKLFN9t_blqV2OO8A/photo/AF1QipMXECpUNiNOWLl8ivWjSuut8rHIvuwAztyPXgpn?key=NWxCTzhuaHlTSFFZZk5DTHdRQm9ERHBCVnJPYklR

It stayed like that until the end, except Max ended up 6th after Danny Ric caught him later on in the lap too.
  • Nicely done, pushing max out wide on turn 1, I like it. It's a fun game especially when you have races like that. I haven't bought this years edition as I still haven't completed a season on last years game (have no real free time).
  • no, i've not completed a season either, i'm as far as spa...then last couple times i had a chance to play i was trying the multiplayer.
  • Right so I've decided on a team name....the newest team to the F1 grid will be....Dacia! Yep, romanian has an F1 entrant. Unfortunately for Dacia we had to take the Renault engine. As Dacia are a subsidiary of Renault plus no-one else wants their engine.

Oh, i forgot. I will be racing as Deeno Hagi. The son of the legendary player Gheorge Hagi, the maradonna of the carpathians. Basically like lance stroll i begged and pleaded with papa to fund me a F1 seat, so he created a team instead. Romanian/French doesnt sound too promising but we will see.

More on my teammate soon, we will be interviewing some prospects soon...
  • So anthonie hulbert is my 2nd driver for Dacia RS Racing. Well didnt have much choice, him being french and my engine supplier being french.

Anyway during pre season testing we concentrated on aero as a priority. So aero wise car is good. We will be running a 16 race season, dumped monaco, australia, china, abu dhabi, baku amd russia from calender. So we start in bahrain.

So bahrain, qualified 20th, beating my teammate and lafiti in the williams. Race began welcome, got up to 18th, then when i should have come in on lap 12 to replace my mediums for hards, i did a lap extra, my front left was rather worn down with 75% degradation and i got onto the kerb on the back end of the circuit, lost the car and into the barrier i went. Race over. Fuck.

So onto Vietnam. Team CFO is saying we are desperately short of funds, my totalling of the car was an expensive repair bill. Anyway, in fp1 at vietnam and the track is a technical bastard. Not Singapore levels, its a street circuit but my car seems to be lacking the required grip. There are two bastard corners when you brake from 200mph down to 30 mph for hairpins. They are fuckers. The back section of the track from turn 13 to 23 is a winding snake which is really hard to to with speed. This could be a tough track for overtaking. I think i will struggle in qually on this, so back of the grid 22nd? maybe the best i can do. Lets see....
  • So FP1/2/3. Failed my tyre management target, qualifying pace target, and fuel management target. Did pass my race strategy, ers management and track acclimatisation. Sector 3 is really hard to carry speed and is screwing stuff up for me.
  • Oh no DISASTER. Running 10th at vietnam (really good track when you get used to it). Used a one stop strategy when most were going two stops S/S/M. I went S/H. My team under fuelled me and i didnt notice till it was too late. Ran out of fuel with 6 laps to go. :(

I should fire someone but siphoning fuel for a romanian is as natural as breathing. Just not feom the boss's race car lads!
  • I’m hyped for f1 2020.

The Forum Herald™
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    siphoning fuel for a romanian is as natural as breathing

come on now... even in jest there's no need...
  • Just had an amazing french gp. Started 12th on the grid thanks to new engine parts. Had a great start and was up to 10th. Decided on a one stop strategy so was on MED and was due to change to HARD on lap 12. Lap 11, the heavens opened and it started raining, i took a punt at the end of lap 11 and followed Hamilton into the pits (giving my team virtually no notice of me coming in and fitting INTER tyres). As i exited i was P3 due to the chaos. Alot of cars had come in a few laps before to change their worn SOFTS. So i couldnt catch Ocon in 2nd. Then he had to pit for new INTER, so I managed to do an overcut on him. Came out in 2nd. Ocon chasing me down. Then my gear box went fubar. Its pouring with rain, visibility is awful, my car is skipping gears and ocon is under a second behind me. Im using rich mode and ers defensively on the straights to keep him behind. 2 laps from the end my gearbox comes back to life. I hold on for an unexpected 2nd place and the first world championship points for Dacia RS Racing.

Champagne on me tonights lads!
  • nice. do you manually control the ers stuff? i couldn't be chewed with any of that stuff when i've played earlier versions and just leave it on auto.
  • The ERS is one button on the controller, on to enable and press again to disable. ERS runs automatically in the background for you. So when you manually deploy it is when you need an overtake or using defensively. Its better than previous implementations in f1 games.
  • HEARTBREAK IN THE AUSTRIA GP

Deeno Hagi, retired from the austia gp on lap 13 while running in 12th. Having started on full wets from 13th on the grid in a soaking wet Austrian gp, hagi got himself into 6th position. However gearbox issues meant he dropped down the order. Sadly for him, a terminal gearbox failure on lap 13 put an end to his race prematurely.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!