Worst game of the year 2018 - now most disappointing game oh my
  • Prototype!
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    Olimite wrote:
    I'm going to go with Mario Tennis Aces. Not a bad game at all, but I think I have so many fond memories of golf/tennis on the N64 and this just felt like a lost opportunity and it really disappointed me.
    +1 Very disappointing, i really should sell it.

Give me a shout if you do please.  I've been trying not to buy it but my daughter is adamant that tennis is the game she wants, something to do with Luigi being kidnapped by Waluigi.
  • Facewon wrote:
    Prototype!
    Batman and Prototype.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • And Crackdown.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • Woke up to yet another patch for State of Decay 2 this morning. 7gig this time.

game deleted

g.man
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Deaths gambit.

How to steal from souls and get it ALL WRONG.

It looks pretty, but there's so much wrong with how the screens are divided up. It's just a disjointed mess, with terrible signposting.

Couple that with poor jump mechanics, and a ridiculously short stamina bar that stops you doing anything when its at zero and you have a problem. Structure around saves and enemies and level ups is exactly dark souls, but it lacks the learning and fairness aspect.

(cross post from just given up on.)
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • So is it likely that this should go to fallout 76? By all accounts from fan and critic this is rating very low for a big release. Unlike battlefield v which is said to have good gameplay but a street fighter v style lite content issue, all I've read of fallout 76 is how it's a bad game.

Haven't played it myself of course, not a fallout fan to begin with.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Fallout 76 is this year's most disappointing title, by a fair distance.  It ticks all the boxes.  

- Fundamentally broken and released full price, but really an alpha build?  Check!  
    -  Day 1 patch (and subsequent ones!) almost as a large as the original fucking 50GB installation?  Check! 
    - Hyped beyond belief by a grotesque marketing campaign? Check!  
    - Sacrificing the series legacy of storytelling and cause & effect to the altar of inane multiplayer to chase that Fornite dollar?  Check!

Give it the gong now, it's won by a mile.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Ah well done Bethesda. First award of the season.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Took me ages to work out SoT = Sea of Thieves.

I gotta say, that did not do anything for me. As Elm said, maybe i should try it again though

Objectively there is no way it's the worst videogame created in 2018 though so disappointing does fit better
  • Blocks100 wrote:
    Fallout 76 is this year's most disappointing title, by a fair distance.  It ticks all the boxes.    - Fundamentally broken and released full price, but really an alpha build?  Check!   -  Day 1 patch (and subsequent ones!) almost as a large as the original fucking 50GB installation?  Check!  - Hyped beyond belief by a grotesque marketing campaign? Check!   - Sacrificing the series legacy of storytelling and cause & effect to the altar of inane multiplayer to chase that Fornite dollar?  Check! Give it the gong now, it's won by a mile.

Actually yeah, that's a good shout.

World of Warcraft Battle for Azeroth also ticks all of the above
  • RedDave2 wrote:
    Ah well done Bethesda. First award of the season.

I'll wait for the Worst Game of the Year edition.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    RedDave2 wrote:
    Ah well done Bethesda. First award of the season.

I'll wait for the Worst Game of the Year edition.

The only GOTY edition that's still just the vanilla version, no updates or DLC, just a cdrw disc with 76 written in permanent marker.

SFV - reddave360
  • Onrush...
    The Forum Herald™
  • The Messenger.

It's good but I don't get the hype, I tend to feel this way about most indie games, they're good but rarely blow me away.

They take old ideas and deliver them in a polished enough package, but I get bored playing them more often than not and just feel like I'm going through the motions. Most of the time I find myself wishing I was playing the game they took inspiration from.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • The Hot Messenger.  First half was an absolute treat, back end was all over the place - it wasn't doing enough to stand out as a Metroidvania (in fact, considering the competition these days, it was doing enough to stand out as 'a bit shit').  It scraped an 8 from me, but it was definitely disappointing.  There was a lot to like but the era switch ended up wobbling it a bit.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    There was a lot to like

There was and I don't want to sound overly harsh, I'd probably give is a 7/8 myself. My expectations were high after the reviews though.

Disappointing not bad.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    AJ wrote:
    Worst Saber. No contest.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    acemuzzy wrote:
    AJ wrote:
    Most Sabest.

• Yossarian wrote:
    acemuzzy wrote:
    AJ wrote:
    Moist Saber.

Most disappointing of the year for me is probablye the second episode of Spider-Man DLC. The first managed to pack just enough content and variety for me to be happy at the price, but Turf Wars was really a whole lot of nothing which finished just as you thought it was getting going.
  • Red Dead 2
    Remeber fun? Get fucked.

I should elaborate.
    I'm a huge fan of GTAV. Not just because it is guns as fuck, or because it had the swears.
    I liked it because it was fun, no shit right. But not in the bombastic way saints row went.

GTAV did what 1 and 3 did. It allowed me to be that naughty boy everyone has inside them. I could play with the toys and smash them together, then smash them together in the sky, then smash them together with friends. Grounded but dialled up to fun levels.

So how does that differ to rdr2? A game that has been pitched as the ultimate cowboy fantasy?

Well. Imho. It isn't that much of a cowboy fantasy. It is dull, boring, confusing and slow. It is too real, it is like genuinely being an outlaw, and that is shit.
    I don't want to be A cowboy, I want to be THE cowboy.
  • Out of interest, what did you think of the first RD Redemption?
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • It's a slow-burner and aside from the snow deformation the intro is pretty rubbish but it's a proper return to form for me, after the very disappointing GTAV.

Which just goes to show... absolutely nothing, I guess.
  • Last night I pushed triangle at the same moment a guy on a horse was riding by. Mr Dickhead Cowboy grabs him and pulls him to the ground. I try to defuse the situation but no beans, he wants to shoot me. So I have to blow his head off at close range with my shotgun. He literally had no head left. So I feel your pain as well as his. It sure isn't perfect but any year where this game is the worst has been a good year.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    trippy wrote:
    It's a slow-burner and aside from the snow deformation the intro is pretty rubbish but it's a proper return to form for me, after the very disappointing GTAV.

Which just goes to show... absolutely nothing, I guess.

Conversely, I found GTAV a return to form after the disappointing GTAs IV and SA.
  • Exactly what I was saying. GTAIV is possibly my favourite game of all time, which just goes to show... absolutely nothing, I guess.
  • I didn't enjoy any 3D GTA games but finished Redemption and will presumably finish RDR2 (story progress says 19% after 7hrs or so).  As far back as I can remember I always wanted to be a cowboy *dun-dun-dun* you know I'd sit on nags in britches, if you would help me track a bear.
  • The first 3D GTA was fun simply because it was the first time you could stand on top of a car-park and shoot things with a rocket launcher in 3D. Lots of things in those days were fun simply because they were new.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Meh, GTA’s satirical and vaguely subversive world-building was at least a part of its appeal, albeit quite possibly a part that can’t survive a post-Trump world.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Some inspiration here . I have such an odd urge to play number one

https://www.metacritic.com/pictures/worst-videogames-of-2018

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!