Witness The Fitness
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    Yeah I'm hoping to get under 1:45, had been hoping for 1:30 even but I think that's pushing my luck rather cos my fitness had dropped off more than I'd realised since the early spring! Maybe under 100 minutes if I can avoid injury and keep the training rate up.

My best is 1:30:20, was gutted to just miss the milestone.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Ouch! And yeah you're comfortably faster than me so that confirms that was wishful thinking lol!
  • If you’ve got the time to train there’s no reason you can’t get there. When I did the 1:30 I hadn’t even broken 20mins for 5k, was more about consistent effort.
  • Jesus Christ you two, my first half came in at 02:09:27 and I was ecstatic!

My marathon is in 10 weeks and the dream is pretty much over for me. My last run on Wednesday came in at 1.5 miles and the hamstring was threatening to go even then.

Sad days.
  • Ah that sucks! Can you defer to next year? Better off to fully recover rather than force it.
  • Aye, it sounds like it would be utter madness to try and do this this year Kris. Better to rest up rather than risk seriously fucking yourself for the rest of your life.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • They're allowing me to drop down and do the 10-mile race on the same day, which is great as I still get the day in York and the hotel money doesn't go to waste!

Still going to be tough if I continue to heal so slowly though.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    :-(

you could just enjoy the minster...
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    :-( you could just enjoy the minster...

And get me the biggest box of Fondant Fancies from Betty’s please, whilst your there. 16 should cover me for the weekend.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Managed a 5k at 90min-half-marathon pace

Yeah four of those in a row ain't happening lol
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    I've been fairly consistent with swimming the last month, I've gone at least once a week. Not really sure what I'm doing yet, I can only do breaststroke, any other attempts will make people think I'm drowning.

Slowly building up to doing that properly, so going under when you kick and push yourself out with your arms to take a breath. At least I think that's how you're supposed to do that.

Wasn't as successful this morning as last week (my ear hurts and I inhaled a load of water, they filled the pool so there's more water in it and I'm blaming that.) but I was still keeping up with an older lady doing front crawl. I see her do that for an hour every time I am there, so she must be pretty fit.

8eSmTsY.jpg
    Pretty nice pool, the corner where I always sit has a Pokémon Go gym, so that's a bonus.
  • Nina wrote:
    I've been fairly consistent with swimming the last month, I've gone at least once a week. Not really sure what I'm doing yet, I can only do breaststroke, any other attempts will make people think I'm drowning. Slowly building up to doing that properly, so going under when you kick and push yourself out with your arms to take a breath. At least I think that's how you're supposed to do that. Wasn't as successful this morning as last week (my ear hurts and I inhaled a load of water, they filled the pool so there's more water in it and I'm blaming that.) but I was still keeping up with an older lady doing front crawl. I see her do that for an hour every time I am there, so she must be pretty fit. 8eSmTsY.jpg Pretty nice pool, the corner where I always sit has a Pokémon Go gym, so that's a bonus.

I tend to try and enjoy others good fortune and have definitely never been the jealous type but fuck me I’ve never wanted someone else’s lifestyle quite as much as either Nina or any one of those strangers sloshing about that pool.  Glorious.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    It's heated.

View last year was a bit different for a couple days:
    eVtvRgx.jpg

It's definitely a better pool than the one right next to our apartment, that's fairly small. But it has bbq's.

Biggest perk of the complex we live at now, it comes with a card that has access to, I think, 8 pools in the neighbourhood (one is next to a lake, also really nice). Wish they would do lessons as well, but haven't seen that yet.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    That looks amazing.  

Meanwhile, last week I had to swim 1km in a 8m pool.  Sigh.
  • Ha! I’d literally push off, do one arm pull and be there.  Didn’t the constant \turning make you dizzy?
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    I keep finding that I can run/exercise kinda fine. But that after I stop my left knee is really sore for like 24 hours. Kinda annoying.

Running for a continuous period of time is so hard on the body. Football/Futsal/Squash57 at a fairly good standard all fine for me but running kills me. I'm focusing on mountain biking now and loving it.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Managed a 14.5k run :-D

I mean it nearly killed me, and it's still only 2/3 of a half marathon, but at least I'm a little bit back on wagon to some extent...
  • 9 miles, good effort.
  • Apart from going to a physio, how can I tell the difference between a bruised heal and a plantar tear?
  • Congrats to all still smashing it!

Me?

WITNESS THE SHITNESS MORE LIKE.

x
  • Smashed my heel, bit insensitive...
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Chin up Kris and Griff! Hope things mend soon...

I'm desperately trying to get back in the training bandwagon, with only 6 weeks till my half. Managed ParkRun today, on the back of Thursdays long run, so that's good - and knee vaguely holding up - so just need to keep that momentum going and pray for injury free...
  • Back into training this week, circuits on Monday, 400m reps on Tuesday, circuits on Thursday, 90mins of 5-a-side last night. Was in bits this morning so had to give Parkrun a miss.
  • Had an xray, not fractured. Played rugby today.
  • Gave up running and fives about a year ago due to pain in my knees and spine. After a while putting on the beef my brother in law asked if i would take part in a 45mile bike ride for charity.
    Couple of months later and a few training rides in we completed the pedal for scotland Glasgow to Edinburgh yesterday in around 3.5 hours. On a mountain bike i might add.
    Absolutely knackered today but knees and back feel fine.
    Will try to keep up the cycling now and get fitter.
  • THUMBS UP!

I'm attempting 3 miles tonight and if I can't manage it officially throwing in the towel on running. Swimming and cycling all the way.

x
  • Less impact on your joints but still getting your heart pumping.
    Seems like the way forward for me anyways.
    Also downhill bits are great fun.
    Uphill...not so much
  • Yeah, running is still doing my knees but I’ve just got too efficient at swimming so I’m gonna have to persevere until I either break them or the arthritis sets in.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!