Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Good luck!  Home you smash it (*)

(*) the 1:30 barrier; not ya groin
  • Yeah that’s my wife’s job amirite?!!?? (No)
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • 1:28:17!

I am dead now.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Great time!!
  • Cheers dudes.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Athletics track + frost - spikes does not a speedy combo make
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Some pro athletes doing ~22s 200m interval training on the inside track didn't boost my morale
  • Well at least you got to witness some fitness.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    My 10k is cancelled :-(
  • Boo! Do one anyway.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Just a reminder to folk to keep y'all fitness ticking over, even with corona stuff. Being outside is great, and mental well-being important (particularly if working from home when not used to it). Hugs all.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Went for a walk today. I’d say even if self isolating going for a walk early in the morning when few people are around would do your physical and mental health a world of good. Any old people coming the other way just cross over.
  • Yep. Went gym yesterday.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Cross country this afternoon. Surprised it wasn’t cancelled but was nice to get out and run in the countryside, even though there was a ridiculous hill that actually nearly killed me. Three times. Took the family with me and set up a picnic before I went for the race. Decent afternoon.
  • Rumours abound of the Sheffield Half Marathon being pushed back to September. Now wondering how insane I'd be if I entered, despite the last 12 months shit.
  • So how are the home workouts / runs going? I'm doin 3 x home workout sessions a week following my gyms online bootcamp of the day videos. Plus a Wednesday evening recovery/yoga session (physio orders on latter).

Do miss going out to the gym. Deffo prefer going out having my me time to workout. Not done a run yet only cause im slighty paranoid about bringing corona into the house. Missus is in high risk category.

Anyway hope you'll are doing some sort of exercise
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Being as I'm sat at home I started that Evil Russian thing, but applying it to press ups, sit ups, and bench dips. I didn't realise how sick I was until I tried doing my "max", I couldn't reach 10 press ups, which is complete madness. Anyway, on day 4 now, and yes I'm pretty tight, but I just feel firm rather than full DOMs. Yes it's a pain in the arse rather than a sustainable method, but I do feel good, and it stops me getting too hung up on specific problems when I'm trying to work at the same time

edit2: as in it helps me break the work day up, into windows, stops me looking at one possible issue all day, as I know I need to break to do five minutes on the floor at some point. Not looking forward to tomorrow, 30 minutes is gonna be difficult, not even thinking about next week with 20 and 15 intervals

edit: explanation of evil russian
    You work out all the time, no matter what you;re doing stop and make time for exercise
    Day 1 take max baseline, how many reps can you do of an exercise
    Day 1 every hour do 30% of those reps
    Day 2 50% every 60 mins
    Day 3 60% every 45 mins
    Day 4 25% every 60 mins 
    Day 5 45% every 30 mins
    Day 6 40% every 60 mins
    Day 7 20% every 90 mins
    Day 8 take new baseline
    Day 8 35% every 45 mins
    Day 9 55% every 20 mins 
    Day10 30% every 15 mins
    Day11 65% every 60 mins
    Day12 35% every 60 mins
    Day13 45% every 60 mins
    Day14 25% every 120 mins
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • I’ve only just noticed this thread, I’ve recently got into cycling in my garage. I use my bike connected to my turbo trainer.

It’s all connected to my Tv using my iPad, I use a program/game called Zwift - it’s cycling in a virtual world. I’ve been cycling for 2 hours sometimes and I love it. You can do workouts, race and basically do loads of various routes which in the current climate is perfect. At the moment you’ve even got professional cycling teams racing in it.

Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • I could just sit on the couch and watch it then? :)
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • homer_treadmill.jpg
  • :D
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • cockbeard wrote:
    Being as I'm sat at home I started that Evil Russian thing, but applying it to press ups, sit ups, and bench dips. I didn't realise how sick I was until I tried doing my "max", I couldn't reach 10 press ups, which is complete madness. Anyway, on day 4 now, and yes I'm pretty tight, but I just feel firm rather than full DOMs. Yes it's a pain in the arse rather than a sustainable method, but I do feel good, and it stops me getting too hung up on specific problems when I'm trying to work at the same time

edit2: as in it helps me break the work day up, into windows, stops me looking at one possible issue all day, as I know I need to break to do five minutes on the floor at some point. Not looking forward to tomorrow, 30 minutes is gonna be difficult, not even thinking about next week with 20 and 15 intervals

edit: explanation of evil russian
    You work out all the time, no matter what you;re doing stop and make time for exercise
    Day 1 take max baseline, how many reps can you do of an exercise
    Day 1 every hour do 30% of those reps
    Day 2 50% every 60 mins
    Day 3 60% every 45 mins
    Day 4 25% every 60 mins 
    Day 5 45% every 30 mins
    Day 6 40% every 60 mins
    Day 7 20% every 90 mins
    Day 8 take new baseline
    Day 8 35% every 45 mins
    Day 9 55% every 20 mins 
    Day10 30% every 15 mins
    Day11 65% every 60 mins
    Day12 35% every 60 mins
    Day13 45% every 60 mins
    Day14 25% every 120 mins

Sounds difficult to implement. Keep us informed on how it goes.

My mate is doing the One Punch Man workout. 100 pish ups, 100 situps, 100 squats then a 10k run everyday without a rest day. Im interested to see how long he lasts.
  • I’d not get past one pish up let alone 100.

Pish ups aside, I’m not sure I see the point in that. If you can already do all that comfortably enough to repeat daily then you’ll gain very little, if you can’t then doing it without a rest day doesn’t give your body time to build and recover.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Well I've lost the last three days due to getting distracted by other stuff. But the point isn't really to build in any way, more as a beat up to get back in the swing of things, and to "quickly" smash some plateaus, Set a new baseline, after that probably two or three weeks on a "sensible workout" then maybe try it again for a week as an arse kicking
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • The kids and i do our 100 burpee challenge every other day, with our 100 press up challenge in between.

Their technique is getting better.

Edit. Sets of 10, resting when others are doing their set.
  • Lord_Griff wrote:
    The kids and i do our 100 burpee challenge every other day, with our 100 press up challenge in between.

Their technique is getting better.

Edit. Sets of 10, resting when others are doing their set.

Burpees with a pushup or without? To make it fair for them you should do one arm burpees.
  • These last lot of posts are soooo manly. You guys must be dreamboats.
  • Griff's a dreamboat even without the pushups and burpees.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!