Witness The Fitness
  • After 12 months of injury and 8 weeks of lockdown, I just weighed in at over 14st...

FFS.

The comeback starts here.

x
  • How tall are you? Not a problem if you’re 190cm more so if you’re kicking in at 175.
  • 188. Borderline innit, but I'm not having it all the same.
  • I mean it is A big number but for your height you’re probs a-ok really.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Yeah don't worry overmuch about weight as baseline. I'm only 177cm, but looked at my best when 14st, look a complete mess these days despite being 3st lighter
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Done no exercise this week at all. Was doing 2/3 times a week fairly regularly during lockdown. Bad week. Chips, chicken kebabs, crisps, biscuits, cola. Thats not normally me. Thats falling off the wagon. Need to do some exercise tonight to get back into it.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Yeah try not to beat yourself up over it, I find that super counterproductive, and I'm constantly failing to form good habits
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I haven't done more than a walk since lockdown. Gonna be interesting attempting sport again once this is over...
  • So just tried my gyms 1000 rep challenge. Damn my fitness has dropped. I made it to 500 ish in the alloted time.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    I'd likely not even make 200, and I've got two years on you. It'll come back soon enough, muscle memory is a great thing
  • I did the Joe Wicks thing with the kids for the first time this morning.

FUCK MY OLD AND KNACKERED BODY.

x
  • So this is tonights workout.

Today's bootcamp is Fat Burn 25 - 25 exercises, 45 seconds on, 15 seconds rest! Duration: 25 Minutes.

Then its 8 min abs https://youtu.be/HVV84F_Zn5s. Those 8 min abs are a bastard. Especially the plank side to side followed by plank knee to elbow. So fecking painful. Though that womans body is ridiculously toned.

Then i collapse on the floor, a gibbering wreck.
  • Bagged a 2 mile run today. Hip hurts but fuck it, I survived.

Think I’m going to alternate Joe Wicks sessions and runs until I lose a stone.

x
  • After 12 months of injury and 8 weeks of lockdown, I just weighed in at over 14st...

FFS.

The comeback starts here.

x

Two weeks later... Yesterday I cycled 8.5k, ran 5.3k and did 25 push ups. 13st 6lbs.

Insert arm muscle emoji here.

x

• acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Noice
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    good on you Kris
  • The app's shit, but I've rocked these bad boys throughout lockdown with gym sub savings:

https://jaxjox.co.uk/product/kettlebell-connect/

Great if you live in a small gaff.
    3DS: 2105-8748-8084 Switch: SW-3316-5834-8308 PSN: aynsleyw
  • Used the profit from selling Ring Fit and Switch Lite to fund me a Galaxy Watch Active.

First impressions... why the fuck does it take so long to charge?!

x
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Does anyone have good resources on learning how to swim properly?

The pools have opened again (on a reservation basis, set times, limited people, and luckily lap swimmers won't get mixed with recreational) and I still can manage to get to the other side without drowning.

I'm mainly focusing on the breaststroke right now, gives me a chance to focus on my breathing (has always been a problem) and keeping my core in a good position.
    I would like to advance to freestyle at some point, but for now it feels like I look like I'm drowning whenever I attempt that, so that's for the future.
  • Isn’t front crawl much easier than breaststroke?
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • I have the same issue. I did a sprint triathlon a couple of years ago and took a 3 month membership out at the local baths. 2.5 months in I gave up on the front crawl cos I just didn't improve. One of the few people to breaststroke part one of the triathlon that day...
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    mk64 wrote:
    Isn’t front crawl much easier than breaststroke?

Not for me, it's faster yes, but if you like keeping your head out of the water, then I used to do a lot more breasttroke than crawl
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    I find the front crawl really confusing, and am inhaling way more water than I want to that way. I want to work on my breaststroke to learn how to breath out under water.

I'm not looking to set any records, I just really like swimming and like to improve.
  • I learnt front crawl first. There are some good videos on YouTube. I used them to help me. My instructor wasnt that great. So id watch a lesson online before going to the pool and apply what i learnt.

In order to do a length front crawl. Id walk out so far turn around and face the side of the pool id come from then swim back to saftey (the shallow end). Gradually increased the walkout so i was further from 'safety' and swim back. It was just building confidence. Eventually i got to the other end.

That was 2 years ago. Now i can do front crawl, backstroke and breaststroke. Was learning butterfly before covid. I can do a handstand in the pool as well. I like deep pools that you cant stand up in with your head above water. Its remarkable for me as i used to be terrified of the pool. My first lesson i refused to let go of the side of the pool.

I struggle to keep myself afloat in regular pools (treat water), seawater is much easier. I havent been snorkeling thats on my list, though i did completely bottle it on an indoor scuba diving intro lesson. The pool was ridiculously deep and even though i had a rebreather on and a tank of O2, i just bottled sinking to the bottom. One day i need to try that intro lesson again.
  • Nina wrote:
    I find the front crawl really confusing, and am inhaling way more water than I want to that way. I want to work on my breaststroke to learn how to breath out under water. I'm not looking to set any records, I just really like swimming and like to improve.

I honestly think the best thing you could do here would be to try buddy up with someone or find some kind of beginners class at one of your pools.  You kinda need someone on site with you to point out where and what to improve.  Even to decide what the best starting point is can be different from person to person.

Leave it with me for a day or two though as I know a really good coach and he maybe able point me in the direction of good online stuff.  He’s in Sydney though, you’re in LA and I’m in erm, South Yorkshire so there may be a couple of days of time zones not quite working out.  I’ll see what I can do.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    No rush, appreciate the help though.

I've done a couple of quick looks around here tonight, but it seems very kids or high level sports focused. Will have some more looks. Also can set up B's gopro to at least look back at my ridiculous splashing. Good thing not many people are allowed now.
  • Breast stroke is definitely easier than front crawl imo, you can go at a very slow pace and remain afloat, whereas in front crawl you kinda have to keep a certain pace in my experience.

I think the key (easier said than done) is to relax as much as possible, you have natural buoyancy that probably gets hindered the more you splash. Have you tried focusing on treading-water a bit? Work on you general floaty-ness in water. May help.
  • I like doing breaststroke without the arms, keep them at my side and just use my legs like a frog :)
  • Ok Cunts put on a lot of weight in lockdown time to get it shifted.

Gyms are still closed (I'd become a regular since last Nov thanks corona.)

See what I can get started over the phone few weeks. Hopefully can get a daily run in if it doesn't fuck my hip up.
    Wind Waker is a bad game
  • Joe Wicks youtube sessions, 30 minutes each day

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!