Tap your device to add a +1/+1 counter to this thread. (General digital CCG thread.)
  • This game is beautiful. Fuck me. Will be on all night I think
  • I'm awful, obviously.
  • Ok, thoughts so far. These are incredibly early and from someone who has seen literally nothing of the game until now.

It feels like it will have a billion options. There are 3 lanes to fight in. In each lane, you both have a tower. You win by destroying either two towers or one Ancient (upon destroying an opposition tower, an Ancient appears in its stead). So essentially - and theoretically, with proper strats not really in my thinking yet - spread your efforts across all 3 lanes, go for two, or try to hammer one insanely hard to win.

You can buff heroes with weapons/armour/items that you have in your hand, as well as cards that buff your lane. This all leads to a ridiculous amount of combinations.

There are a few different colour heroes and you can only play spells/effects into a lane which has a hero of that colour alive. Wipe out the heroes in a lane, and you're opponent can't do much to impact what's going on in that lane. 

I've played two games online so far. The first I was one turn away from winning (I think) when the opponenet played some thunderbastard with 25 attack and I didn't have any way to block him. The second game I basically left one side clear for him and went for the two towers in the other lanes. He didn't have the buffs to output enough damage in the lane I left for him and ended up with 3 heroes there most of the game, unable to react to my attacks in the other lanes.

It's absolutely superb. The sound design is fantastic and though I prefer the general aesthetic of Hearthstone, this is absolutely top tier stuff (as you'd expect). There's a lot I don't quite understand yet, but it's hard to understate how much the 3 lane shenanigans brings to the game. 

Can't wait to play some forum matches.
  • Just bought more cards... Send help!

And my ultra gimmicky one lane billion creep deck didn't work against Nexx. :(
  • I was too busy playing spire today. Think i'll check this out now.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    I'll probably cave soon. I'll let people know when I do.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Tempy wrote:
    I am!  As Dynamic Calories

I've been wondering for ages who that was.
  • Right this is getting bought.
  • I was rather oblivious to cards until Tempy made a Slay the Spire thread and now it's like crack.
  • Anyone picked it up yet? I want to play tonight...
  • I'll get it when Kotaku pay me I think, I can probably about justify it.
  • Someone hacked my Steam account but couldn't get in properly as they were using a new login computer and I've got the mobile phone security code thing set up. I need to change everything but I'll be on later.
  • Goddammit, must have clicked on some shitty link after having a few but no damage done. This is the second time this has happened.
  • I shouldn't be allowed to try and design my own deck until I have played a bit more...

Ugh.
  • Awww, yis! 

Hit a lovely combo just now with my Satyr Blue/Green deck. Had Kanna already flooding a lane with creeps when my opponent hits them all with low damage. I then use (and I can't remember the actual name of the cards) Tower of + 2 Mana which leaves me with 5 mana left to drop in my Satyr Magician who then uses his active ability to refill my mana which is now high enough - due to the + 2 boost - to drop in the almighty Thunderbastard Herd. Next turn, with all my damaged Creeps, I drop the HoundStorm card and suddenly have 35 cards in one lane, including a Thunderbastard.

And thus his Ancient was smashed.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    I want Thunderbastard to be an actual card.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    <3
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Thunderbastard and the Actual Cards is the name of my new band.
  • I am genuinely, truly awful at at this
  • What heroes do you have? I really want a Drow Ranger for my Satyr Army deck.
  • I keep so nearly buying this but I've got other card addictions. It's just staring at me from inside the cart.
  • Buy it. I want to set up a tournament but we need more players...
  • I'll buy this if you buy Spire.
  • I can't buy it until Sunday...
  • Fair enough. I'll buy this now though so I can get up to speed with it.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    I really want to get Artifact, seeing as it's got traction on the forum, but Christmas and dat epic minimum wage (yo) makes me think I should wait until payday. :(

In the mean time, in my last game of MTG Arena, I ended up with a 17/18 creature with flying, vigilance, lifelink, and trample. WHO WANTS TO TOUCH ME.
  • Boughted!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!