Tap your device to add a +1/+1 counter to this thread. (General digital CCG thread.)
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    I said, WHO WANT TO FUCKIN TOUCH ME.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    PAGE TURN WIN
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Heh.

I'm away for the weekend and I just want to play this!
  • I had a brief shot of it last night but will give it a thorough seeing-to today.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • It’s bafflingly complex, I am not sure I can keep up.

To answer your earlier question Tigger, I have mainly been playing draft
    /Call to Arms cos every constructed deck i’ve gone agasint has been a pubstomp deck.
  • I imagine it may be. I'll set up a tournament when I'm home. Me, you two, my bro, Nexx... Not sure if there's a minimum player count needed or what options there are.

Did you get any worthy heroes? Nexx got two Axes and sold them both, paying for the game and more. Lucky swine!
  • I got beaten in the first tutorial when the bot started pulling creeps out of it's arse.
  • Yes now I have better cards.
  • There's a lot to like here. Christ it's polished. Love the comics.
  • I've set up a tournament for us all to be awful in.
  • Cool. I'll be on later.
  • I've literally lost every game against Nexx. Please be bad.
  • Oh I've only just finished the tutorial so yes, I'd say I'm pretty rubbish.
  • if i can fix my net i’ll be on
  • Tournament options are pretty good. Looks like you can do 4 players +, single elimination or Swiss system (would like double elimination but FINE), and choose what decks are allowed.
  • Buy Spire, you. I'll be on at nine.
  • I've got it! Only played about 5-10 mins so far. Looks good (though obviously very basic at the start).
  • I just had like 6 losses in a row on this. It's kinda frustrating how much is down to chance at times. The common theme in all the games was the enemy starting off with a free kill on one or two of my heroes and thus getting a gold boost, not being able to pick your targets is interesting but I am not sure I like it in combination with almost no control over where creeps are placed.
  • Yeah, I've had that a fair bit. Typically against Red decks because they hit so hard. I've won more than I've lost in matchmaking, I think, running Kanna builds, but I make a lot of silly mistakes with hero placement.
  • You should play me I generally am bad.
  • I'm still not on, bloody children. 30 mins tops.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Hopefully Gazelle's kids are being irritating, rather than actually bloody. "Man ignores bleeding children to play video game" is a Daily Mail headline if I ever read one.
  • I think I've managed to cancel the tournament.
  • Jesus.

GG!

Have to go now... couldn't have got much closer than that...
  • There's so much to this and I am still not 100% convinced cos it requires real smarts, but I think I've found my stride with Red cards for now.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Been playing ALOT of KeyForge this week. If people don't know it's a 'unique deck' ccg. Every deck you buy is different to any other in existence, and contains a selection of cards from 3 different houses from a pool of (so far) 370 cards.

Each deck has a unique name printed on each card, and a unique card back, and deck building isn't possible. You play with that deck and can't change it.

So far it's been really balanced. There's absolutely the possibility of OP decks, but eventually they're introducing a tracker and handicap system in the app to address that.

I have 2 decks and have played about 8 others and generally they've been really interesting, tense games. It plays really nicely too. The flow is great, fast turns and no interrupts helps it tick along nicely.

Anyway, the reason I'm in this particular thread. There's an app that you scan your decks in as you buy them, that let's you look at your decks and eventually will tie in with stat tracking for organised play. There's a rumour going about that their ultimate goal is to bring out an online play app/steam game etc that let's you play with the decks you've scanned in.

This has me very excited.
  • Digital card games are great for reasons Tiger specified. The boy is only allowed certain times for videogames so we actually made a physical deck of Spire so we can play it whenever but it's a bit of a pain keeping track of everything. I was hoping he'd just make a pack but no, he wants to play with it. Alot.
  • Do you want me to give you all my MTG cards?
  • That is very kind of you Tempy but that level of generosity would make me uncomfortable.
  • Especially if I don't know how much he'll get into it.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!