Tens of the Gen
  • Double Dash was my favourite until 8.
  • Double Dash is the worst one imo, never got on with it for some reason. It has some great tracks though.

No, that's Wii.
  • Frosty wrote:
    Wii u is not current gen. They don't even make them anymore, it's a dead console.

Came out a year before Xbox One and hung around for another 3-4 years.
    Definitely more this gen than last, gen is defined by birth not death. If someone born in the 80s died today they wouldn't suddenly be a baby boomer.
  • Well put.

Current gen is 3DS, Vita, Wii U, Xbox One, PS4 and Switch.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    AJ wrote:
    Double Dash was my favourite until 8.

Double Dash and 8 are the only two Mario Karts I’ve owned and I struggle to separate the memories of the two in my mind.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Then it's MARIO MAKER JESUS CHRIST
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Never heard of it.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    It's a cool game for cool guys
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Done here in going to get my ears scraped out
  • LivDiv wrote:
    Frosty wrote:
    Wii u is not current gen. They don't even make them anymore, it's a dead console.

Definitely more this gen than last, gen is defined by birth not death. If someone born in the 80s died today they wouldn't suddenly be a baby boomer.

Nah. They'd be replaced by their children who are the next generation.

Wii U is not current gen. There are no games coming out for it. Nintendo follows its own cycle of gens and as its successor is out and has been out for two years you can't say its current gen.

Mega drive is more current gen than wii u. It at least had a game released this year.

• bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    For the location, freedom, graphics, music, paint shop, physics, structure and longevity - the FNF fam are still playing it four years later... 

Forza Horizon 2 is a 

CUioM6V.jpg
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I think I’d probably pick 4za over 2, myself. The seasons plus the simple moments of recognition just about give it the edge, IMO.
  • The dumb avatar dances make 4 the best*

*the only one I've played.
  • Frosty wrote:
    LivDiv wrote:
    Frosty wrote:

Nah. They'd be replaced by their children who are the next generation.

Wii U is not current gen. There are no games coming out for it. Nintendo follows its own cycle of gens and as its successor is out and has been out for two years you can't say its current gen.

Mega drive is more current gen than wii u. It at least had a game released this year.

So what generation is it a part of?
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Frosty wrote:
    Wii U is not current gen. There are no games coming out for it.
    Having games coming out for something isn’t part of the definition of which generation something belongs to. Games stopped being released for the Gizmodo long before that generation ended. That doesn’t somehow magically transport it to the previous gen. (Insert joke here about XB1 never being in this gen to start.)

Frosty wrote:
    Nintendo follows its own cycle of gens and as its successor is out and has been out for two years you can't say its current gen.
    Marching to the beat of their own drum does muddy the waters, but the WiiU was considered same gen as XB1 and PS4 before Switch was announced. Again, a change in circumstances doesn’t move it back a generation.

The Wii was 7th generation. So, if it’s successor now occupies the 7th generation, by your own logic it gets pushed back to the sixth. And that’s nonsense.

Frosty wrote:
    Jumped the shark there.
  • Let's Dance 2019 came out on Wii but not WiiU so if we are going off last game release then Wii is current gen and WiiU last gen.
    giphy.gif
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Skyforce Reloaded

This was on sale recently, £3ish on PSN and £6ish on Switch.  Might still be cheap.  I played the Anniversary game on Vita; good but not quite great due to grinding.  Is this one great then?  How's the grind?  Also Hi Rev.

It's a great game for tuning in and then just chilling out. Brilliant to waste time if you want to play something but no necessarily with any point. The grind is there if you want it, but you can defocus and just enjoy the shooting.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Is it a fair point that if the Wii u had not been such a disaster we would not have seen the switch last year, or even at all?
    SFV - reddave360
  • I think the Wii U would have been more successful if they had called it a different name.

In terms of Nintendo 1st/2nd party output, it's one of their best ever consoles.
  • I got a second hand one there a while back and the second screen was what convinced me to get a switch to be honest. Some great software on the Wii u, it's catalogue getting remastered for switch is much appreciated (still plenty of solid games they could do)
    SFV - reddave360
  • Better name.
    Higher end feel.
    Ability to turn the screen off and more freedom early on for 3rd parties to not use it.
    A 3D Mario or Zelda at launch.
    Extended range for the screen, either anywhere in an average house or even better, WIFI streaming.

Basically the Switch.
  • We've got my son a switch for his birthday in 3 weeks. It means I've got to pack away the Wii U... not sure i'm ready to do this yet. Its a flawed console with some great games.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Correct. My current gotg splatoon 2 is inherently different due to the fact there's a campaign and an expansions campaign and then an MP. I think the former is enough to entice anyone to play it if they have love if Mario Galaxy, but the latter is where I live.

Does the Galaxy comment stand if we're just talking standard campaign?  I haven't really dabbled yet, assumed all the good stuff was in the Octo dlc (thought sp on the cart was just a series of proficiency tests maybe).  Will get on it if it's a proper campaign - I ended up really enjoying Tennis Aces in sp, which is supposedly iffy (and was in places).
  • Gamermike wrote:
    We've got my son a switch for his birthday in 3 weeks. It means I've got to pack away the Wii U... not sure i'm ready to do this yet. Its a flawed console with some great games.

I won’t really be happy until they make Nintendo land 2 (specifically new donkey Kong tractor courses)
  • I want Balloon Trip Gale
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon is a ten for me.

It's an even better Castlevania III.
  • I can only think of 4 off the top of my head,

-RDR2
    -BotW
    -GoW
    -Destiny

Destiny 2 looks on course for joining them if it continues its upward trajectory.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!