Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    I think with the exception of The Last of Us and GTA V there is nothing I am buying this gen now, I'm also really bored of FPS's and especially linear FPS's.

I am either going to be extremely full of excite or about to finish with gaming come this Christmas.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    It seems to be doing about the same (or slightly better) than the first game

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/metro-last-light/critic-reviews

So I'm not out.
  • Edge review sounded a lot more positive than EG, maybe I'm in on the cheap.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    £21.99 cheap?

http://www.simplygames.com/info/19994/Metro-Last-Light-CD-Key-Download-PC

EDIT: for the PC version sorry.
  • I would bite at that alas you know my non-PC owning ways.
  • Bet it looks stonking on them, too.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    This game is soooo much better than the first.

I love the way it lights up the side of my Alienware depending on how much light i'm exposed to in-game. Helps loads.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Curtis wrote:
    I love the way it lights up the side of my Alienware depending on how much light i'm exposed to in-game. Helps loads.

That's awesome and ridiculous all at the same time.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    Played about half an hour of this earlier. Holy hell it's pretty.
  • Started this today as well, it's great so far (a couple hours into the game). If you enjoyed the first you will surely love this, and also recommend it to FPS/Post Apocalyptic fans in general! :)
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Super disappointed that the Wii U version has sunk without a trace. Looks like I'm going to have to get myself a 360.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • I've got this from Lovefilm and enjoying but I'm being solid - where the fuck is the flashlight button ? All I get is a fucking lighter , the options don't tell you either

Edit - Yep retard , LB and press Y

Edit 2 - And you need batteries , maybe that's why I couldn't work it to begin with ( or I'm solid )
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    The tutorialised sections are quite long.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Mod74 wrote:
    Played about half an hour of this earlier. Holy hell it's pretty.

It's a hell of an achievement - making something so decrepit look so beautiful.
  • That last gameplay vid I posted made the A.I look like utter wang. Is it?
    equinox_code "I need girls cornered and on their own"
  • Moto70 wrote:
    I think with the exception of The Last of Us and GTA V there is nothing I am buying this gen now, I'm also really bored of FPS's and especially linear FPS's. I am either going to be extremely full of excite or about to finish with gaming come this Christmas.

Oculus Rift will haul you back in. At least it bloody better do. I've been waiting 25 years for this.
  • three1ne wrote:
    That last gameplay vid I posted made the A.I look like utter wang. Is it?

Scandalously bad.
  • Blue Swirl wrote:
    Super disappointed that the Wii U version has sunk without a trace. Looks like I'm going to have to get myself a 360.

By a PC. Buy it now.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Blue Swirl wrote:
    By a PC. Buy it now.

Ah ha ha. No. PC gaming is where the human soul goes to die.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    That explains why it's heavenly.
  • Think I'll play some more of the original of this tonight. I'm in the correct mood - hollow, empty, desolate.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Bad burger experience?
  • Great now I want a burger too.
  • Blue Swirl wrote:
    Blue Swirl wrote:
    By a PC. Buy it now.

I'd say the opposite is true. PC gaming is more creative, has community content, is friendlier, is less expensive, has better curio's, has Steam, free live services, has more controller options, higher resolution screens, is faster, has emulation. 

Console gaming is a poor relation.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Blue Swirl wrote:
    I'd say the opposite is true. PC gaming is more creative, has community content, is friendlier, is less expensive, has better curio's, has Steam, free live services, has more controller options, higher resolution screens, is faster, has emulation.  Console gaming is a poor relation.

1. More creative is a personal opinion. There's just as much creativity in the indie scene on consoles.
    2. Console games also have user created content; see Halo's Forge mode and Trials Evoltion.
    3. Friendlier? Are you mad? I've never been so chastised as when attempting to play Counter Strike.
    4. Less expensive? Seriously? Yeah, games may be less, but my {console} cost me less than my mate's graphics card did.
    5. Free live services? Every console bar the 360 says hello.
    6. PCs have more controller options because they have no idea what you're going to plug in; standardised hardware FTW.
    7. Higher resolution screens is true, but I don't play games based on which has the most graphics.
    8. Define faster.
    9. Emulation is fine, but then the Virtual Console is a) awesome and b) legal. Also, this is why we should expect backwards compatibility on all consoles.

Your mileage may vary, but PC gaming is too much effort. I know people who like making sure their rig is up to date, fiddling with hardware, installing drivers, messing with game settings, etc., but I'd rather be playing the actual game as opposed to spending yonks making sure the vertical resolution is just so.

In a vague attempt to get the thread back on topic, I tried Metro 2033 on PC. I exceeded the specification requirements. It would run at about 10 frames per second if I turned all the options down to their lowest setting. I then went out and bought it on 360 and had a whale of a time.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    With everything switched on Metro 2033 chugged on my GTX670, Last Light looks better and with everything switched on doesn't ever hiccup.

I'm not sure what that added.

Oh, and assumed all this PC/console stuff was a joke, but OK. Yes, you can plug any controller into a PC, pot luck how well the game supports it, even Valve <heavenly choir, saviour of gamers, Fathers of the under the TV SteamBox, saviour of mankind> can't be arsed to fully support it in their games.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    The lighting in this game is actually insane

VB2JysR.jpg

7eymzdn.jpg

IxDbxi2.jpg
  • Blue Swirl wrote:
    Blue Swirl wrote:
    I'd say the opposite is true. PC gaming is more creative, has community content, is friendlier, is less expensive, has better curio's, has Steam, free live services, has more controller options, higher resolution screens, is faster, has emulation.  Console gaming is a poor relation.
    1. More creative is a personal opinion. There's just as much creativity in the indie scene on consoles. 2. Console games also have user created content; see Halo's Forge mode and Trials Evoltion. 3. Friendlier? Are you mad? I've never been so chastised as when attempting to play Counter Strike. 4. Less expensive? Seriously? Yeah, games may be less, but my {console} cost me less than my mate's graphics card did. 5. Free live services? Every console bar the 360 says hello. 6. PCs have more controller options because they have no idea what you're going to plug in; standardised hardware FTW. 7. Higher resolution screens is true, but I don't play games based on which has the most graphics. 8. Define faster. 9. Emulation is fine, but then the Virtual Console is a) awesome and b) legal. Also, this is why we should expect backwards compatibility on all consoles. Your mileage may vary, but PC gaming is too much effort. I know people who like making sure their rig is up to date, fiddling with hardware, installing drivers, messing with game settings, etc., but I'd rather be playing the actual game as opposed to spending yonks making sure the vertical resolution is just so. In a vague attempt to get the thread back on topic, I tried Metro 2033 on PC. I exceeded the specification requirements. It would run at about 10 frames per second if I turned all the options down to their lowest setting. I then went out and bought it on 360 and had a whale of a time.

1) Yes it is. No there isn't
    2) Yes they do, but it's very limited. Hell, you can write your own game on a PC. 
    3) I'm not saying it's perfect, but it is generally more mature.
    4) Depends on how many games you play. You can buy a far better PC for £300 than you can a console. Then pick up some quality games for free or wait till they're less than £5.
    5) True, but they're all rubbish apart from the 360. 
    6) PC's have mouse and keyboard as standard, and very good they are too. Xbox controllers/Oculus rift and the like are a bonus, if you care for them.
    7) True, but I've played Skyrim, Tomb Raider et al on a console and a PC and I know which I prefer (see Mod's post above).
    8) Faster loading times, higher frame rates on graphically intensive games etc.
    9) Expect but not find. I'm sure Sony and Microsoft will have some Virtual Console type thing on the new ones, but expect to pay too much for a game you'e already bought. A Gameboy game costs more on my 3DS than Portal 2, GTA 4 or LFD2 did on my PC.
  • PC gaming lol.  If I was rich and could always upgrade and hook a monster up to a monster TV to take advantage of it, then yes. Otherwise console wins hands down. 

Anyway. Must start 2033 on my 360.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • The new consoles are pretty much standard PC's in a box, albeit tightly controlled ones. How much do you think they'll be?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!