Most Anticipated 2019
  • Torchlight: Frontiers had me interested, I enjoyed a bit of the first game, but it's free to play? How is that going to work?

Didn't the studio get bought out after hob was released? By a kingsoft style mob?

I'm still great and you still love it.
  • I did some looking into this after Runic shut and then Frontiers was announced. Seems Torchlight devs, Runic, had been majority owned by Chinese FtP mob, Perfect World, since 2010.  The new studio making Frontiers is led by one of Runic's co-founders and has many ex-Runic staff, but is again owned by Perfect World.

I'm looking forward to Frontiers but PW are a ruthless lot.  Runic didn't fit / didn't want to fit in with their Games as a Service focus so they were gone.  Okay.  Motiga absolutely did fit that model with the fucking great 3rd person action MOBA, Gigantic, but after getting bought they suffered from a puzzling lack of the funding, a cripplingly limited release, and next to no advertising or publicity.  They fucked that studio off as well.  

Publishers are there to make money, fair enough, but when they hamstring their own studio's products and then just wash their hands of it all, it's worth being wary.
  • The last of us 2.
    Death stranding.
    Ghost of tshumia.
    New Ace combat.
    Yakuza kiwami 3-5.
    Judge eyes.
    Sekiro.

That's just to start with, if division 2 sorts it's numberwang out I nay be in (but they haven't in the beta).

If anthem starts looking less boring and easy I may be in but looks like a piss easy warframe.

Doubt cyberpunk will be out but if so that's day one too.
  • I’m looking forward to... erm, hmm, errrr, pretty much nothing on the horizon excites me.

I’ll wait for a sale
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Half-life VR + Valve headset.

Jacket to the tits.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • 'Valve Headset' to be modelled on actual headcrab to provide authentic end-user experience.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • — Death Stranding
    — Luigi’s Mansion 3
    — Judge Eyes
    — Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
    — Animal Crossing
  • I do like me a Luigi's Mansion. Should look lovely.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Blocks100 wrote:
    'Valve Headset' to be modelled on actual headcrab to provide authentic end-user experience.

Joking aside, a headcrab VR helmet would sell.
    verzamelen wrote:
    Luigi’s Mansion 3

Oh shit, forgot about this. Fuggin' yus. That reminds me, I need to get Luigi's Mansion 1 for 3DS. I should probably wait until after Jesus' Birthday Bash, though...
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Phoenix Point. Hopefully they'll release a Linux version.
    I win... in the most minor way possible.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    I did some looking into this after Runic shut and then Frontiers was announced. Seems Torchlight devs, Runic, had been majority owned by Chinese FtP mob, Perfect World, since 2010.  The new studio making Frontiers is led by one of Runic's co-founders and has many ex-Runic staff, but is again owned by Perfect World. I'm looking forward to Frontiers but PW are a ruthless lot.  Runic didn't fit / didn't want to fit in with their Games as a Service focus so they were gone.  Okay.  Motiga absolutely did fit that model with the fucking great 3rd person action MOBA, Gigantic, but after getting bought they suffered from a puzzling lack of the funding, a cripplingly limited release, and next to no advertising or publicity.  They fucked that studio off as well.   Publishers are there to make money, fair enough, but when they hamstring their own studio's products and then just wash their hands of it all, it's worth being wary.

Yeah there are already concerns around the cash shop. Seems like a constant feeling these days when a project is announced F2P.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!