Pregnancy
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Both ours were sunroof deliveries - first was emergency, second was planned.

They are super safe. Mother will in all likilhood be awake. A spinal or an epidural will ensure there's no pain.

It does take it out of the mother wrt recovery. There's a deep scar after all.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    I need to start thinking about a hospital bag. At least I don't need to worry about the possibility of snow this time.
  • Ours were C section too.
    Kinda odd knowing the time and date of your little ones arrival.

You may be asked to look over the screen. It kinda resembles the chest burster scene in alien.

I have some very gruesome photos "look sweetheart, I can see your intestines!"
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Don't worry though, as others have said it's all very safe and very straightforwards nowadays. It will all be fine.
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    We chose #2's birthday as the 21st so she would be 21 on the 21st.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    I wanted to be a knob here, but quickly realised that you are correct

16, 18, bullshit you're still a fucking child, probably also true at 21, but at least you won;t get another three or four run at it while people pretent it's some mega change n their life
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • I keep coming in here expecting panicked posts from reg.
    "Its happening, it's happening!"
    " Which amibos do I bring, dammit reg theres no time"
    :D
    I hope it goes well for you and everyone else on the brink.
  • Wife had an emergency C section too.  Was probably the least stressful part.
  • From our NCT group, there were 8 babies from 7 parents. 6 were born by C section. It’s pretty standard now. If you didn’t do an NCT like thing, it’s worth noting that there are *a lot* more people in the room for a C Section, and that doesn’t mean there’s a complication or problem. Second thing is the language: elective is pre-booked, emergency is unscheduled. My wife didn’t cope initially with the term elective - because it wasn’t her choice, as baby Syph stuck at a funny angle. She had a very clear idea in her mind about what the birth would be like, but it wasn’t like it at all. Worth encouraging a sense of flexibility, and not being too stuck to a plan.
  • Not to add to the ah reminiscing too much but both our kids came out the standard way, VVVVVVV quickly and a touch early.  Halfway into the puffing and panting my wife decided she didn’t like the pain and so wasn’t going to bother.  She jumped off the hospital bed with just her t-shirt on and tried to walk out of the room telling me and the nurse that she’d a lot to do and we needed to get to Sainsbury’s before it closed.  She hadn’t even had gas and air so it’s not like you could blame it on the drugs.  Still one of the funniest sights I’ve seen, her grabbing her overnight bag, no shoes and bum on show “come on, it’ll be shut soon”.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    We had an emergency c-section at 3 in the morning. The whole rush of doctors and nurses was a bit panic inducing but in the end it was fine. It's really a better way as there's no hours of painful labour and the baby comes out without a squashed head. Given the choice, we'd choose Caeser over the 'normal' route.
  • C-Section bonus point - No eviscerated fanny.
  • Um no judgement but eviscerated fanny isn’t a necessary by-product of natural birth

No idea if this is evidence backed, but we did this for a few weeks before birth of both of ours and no signs of any perineal trauma whatsoever:

https://www.nct.org.uk/pregnancy/worries-and-discomforts/common-discomforts/perineal-massage-pregnancy

Important to me to say that whatever happens you’ll be in good hands with professionals who have trained for and experienced almost any eventuality and will steer you and Flora right
  • Oh, I know it doesn't happen to everyone. And I think perineal massage likely does help.

But there's a chance of (most likely temporary) damage. And nobody wants that. Because, y'know, ouch.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Welp flora had a midwife appt this morning and is now off to the hospital for a check up. The baby's heartbeat was faster than they would normally like. the caveat around that is that it was quite active before being taken and it could just be because of that, but she's getting checked anyway. Fingers crossed.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Thing about an emergency c-section is it all happens so fast you've little time to get caught up in your anxieties. I mean we were going for lunch at 1pm on Sunday the 3rd of Nov last year (baby was due 3rd of January the following year) and Harrison was born at 1:46pm that day. Mind blowing afternoon.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    regmcfly wrote:
    Welp flora had a midwife appt this morning and is now off to the hospital for a check up. The baby's heartbeat was faster than they would normally like. the caveat around that is that it was quite active before being taken and it could just be because of that, but she's getting checked anyway. Fingers crossed.

Yeah he/she was probably just moving a lot or repositioning. It's amazing what they get up to in the womb. Rascals.
  • Hope all is well, Reg. We had a fair few "hmm baby doesn't seem to moving much today" moments, the worst being when we were sent in to the hospital just in case at about 10pm one night. The two of us sitting there when my parter pressing a button every time the baby moved and the whole thing getting monitored on one of those machines with the paper constantly spooling slowly out. It was awful. But all absolutely fine in the end.
  • First two were natural but this is mandated by the doc to be the c section. Im sure it will be ok, but I guess its the thoughts of what a c section entails to me is a bit shocking lol. Though when I think of it, is it any worse than an eviscerated fanny?? 
    It will be strange to be like, ok we gotta get up early tomorrow, gonna go get a baby, rather than the usual panic of "oooh fuck here it comes!!!"
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Speedhaak wrote:
    regmcfly wrote:

Yeah he/she was probably just moving a lot or repositioning. It's amazing what they get up to in the womb. Rascals.

Complete false alarm - flora was hooked up to machine for half an hour and heart rate absolutely fine, was just active. Phew but also this is the heightened state of alert I'll be in going forward. 36 weeks this Friday...
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    That's good, better to get these things looked at, glad everything is okay. The only thing I ever say to my mates is always go to the hospital if you think something's not right. It doesn't matter if you go once or a dozen times between now and due date, just go. That's what they're there for.
  • Yep totally agree, had a few scares like that too before. One on this baby, one that turned her entire family against me lol
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    So as of today we are 37 weeks pregnant. And I'm absolutely paranoid.

And I need to apologise because I've been spouting argumentative shit everywhere, and I genuinely don't mean it. I'm just seeing everything as a concern. I'm sorry, and it is my fault.

That being said we watched Hamilton today and for about an hour of it I had my hand on flora's tummy, feeling kicks and doots, and it was absolute next level.

I think we actually feel as well prepped as we can be at this point. The baby has its own room, we have nappy stocks, we have hospital bags, the Scottish Govt box, a pram, a cot, a car seat. I can't think what else we need other than the ability to do it.

So I'm starting to think of what shit do be we need to do before the baby is born. Tomorrow we will watch Midsommar and that's just a thing we have wanted to see to tick off the list. .
    I'm starting to think about games so I think I'll try to play some god of war. From the vibes in getting it's easy to play switch, but anything more bigscreen is a slog.
  • You’ll perhaps not want to play anything for the first lump of time with your new family?  Stuff like this is gonna take some adapting, and then over time, little pockets will appear that you’ll fill with whatever you see fit.  Your life will defo change and perhaps 160 hour JRPG’s might slip down the list of to do’s a bit but I know you’re gonna embrace it Reg.  Try not to fret it too much and embrace what you have in front of you at the time.  I used to read all the comments in here about the big new releases when mine were younger and I’d perhaps feel a little jel but there’s other (and better) stuff that fills your time instead.
  • You also get more time back as they get older but by then you’re that used to giving yourselves to others that it can almost feel like (whisper it) too much...
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Yeah, I know, but was meant more as an apology for my general tetchiness and assholeness over the past few weeks. I'm sure some would say no more than usual, but wanted to apologise nonetheless.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Dude, emotions ect. You're entitled to your current mood. Midsommar is fucking whack and has a lot of "wtf just happened" moments. It's pretty intense, just so you're aware.

As for games, like 'uncle says just go with it. I didn't play anything for the first two months when Harrison was born but that was mainly due to the circumstances of his arrival.When we got home I got back into a little rhythm with my usual go to's and took some time to play some SP stuff as really, online games are completely non practical with a new born due to ya know, no pausing ect - but I guess you're more of an offline guy anyway so no worries there.

Once they get out of their initial sleeping all the time phase though yeah, bye bye gaming - at least until the late hours of the night. Then again, this is just my scenario, everyone has a different story. We finally got bed time routine in place recently as he just turned 8 months. He goes down around 7. I go for a cycle, cook the dinner and we chat for a bit about the day. Then, pending tiredness levels I might play something around 9:30/10 for an hour.

Although, I've gotten back into catching up on some long overdue TV at the moment (enjoying Bosch and The Sinner).

Excited for you though Reg, embrace it all. It's the absolute best time.
  • Reg try googling "can u get pregante"
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Reg try googling "can u get pregante"

I have to instain baby.
  • Posts and reposts of that vid are all I come in here for.

Oh shit, they heard me. Uhhh...

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!