The meal of all meals
  • In that case a whole poached blue whale on toast.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • Bastard pt.
  • Peshwari over garlic? You folks are for the watching I tell ye.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    A peshwari naan is a thing of joy. I usually just go for chapati nowadays though.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • I've been dabbling with a stuffed paratha recently.
  • davyK wrote:
    A peshwari naan is a thing of joy. I usually just go for chapati nowadays though.

This, as long as it's warm and fresh. I like the rice plain these days as well.
  • Very dependent upon mood, but I'm hungry right now so...

Starter - Steak tartare with a quail's egg.  As per Brooks, the steak needs to be from the finest cows science can muster.

Main - Slow roasted honey glazed duckling.  With some roast potatoes on the side.  (Must be extremely fluffy on the inside, but beautifully crisp on the outside.  Perfect roast potatoes are amazing, imperfect roast potatoes are stodge.)

Dessert - An assiette of desserts, to include some kind of chocolate fondant type thing, a variant of sticky toffee pudding, and whatever it is the chef saves for when he wants to impress people.

On that last point - the best meals I've ever had have invariably been when I've not known what's coming, but the chef has wanted to show off. 

Conversely I'm often more than happy with a greasy curry and a load of naan.
  • This is really hard, the three things that jump to mind instantly are: really good burger, really good ramen, really good spaghetti carbonara
  • Mine is so mood dependent it could be various things on the day. 

Death row meals.
  • But there would be a fish course.
  • And soup before the starter.
  • And a fucking pot noodle.
  • And a wafer thin mint sir?
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    every day

wUQmeKo.jpg
  • I honestly can’t contribute to this thread, I’m really rubbish when it comes to picking food I want to eat. My wife has a go at me every week because I never suggest anything for the meal plan, I really can’t get excited about food unless I’m really hungry and there’s a menu to choose from.
    Even then I couldn’t tell if what I was eating was anything special other than “yea, that tastes nice”

Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • DS, whats your main and dessert?

Cant understand the cheesecake freaks. Ffs.

• B&M do a fucking amazing chicken gravy. And a Chinese curry. £1 each, full taste.
  • halfgone wrote:
    DS, whats your main and dessert? Cant understand the cheesecake freaks. Ffs.

Bought a mango and passion fruit cheesecake today. Mmmmmm.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    halfgone wrote:
    DS, whats your main and dessert? Cant understand the cheesecake freaks. Ffs.

main would be Pieminister - Mothership

dessert would be cheetos and two peperamis
  • I'm trying really hard to think of a meal, but weirdly now that I'm a beta cuck soi boi all of the nostalgia childhood favourites I would once have probably picked no longer have that appeal, in fact weirdly this whole thread has made me realise that I look back on a lot of my food memories differently, not in a "URGH MEAT IS MURDER GROSS" holier than thou bullshit filter, since I'm not really about that. It's just weird, previously I would have probably made some of the dishes I would have thought about for dinner over the past few days and now in contrast none of the food that I eat has that fondness factor since it's all stuff I've only recently started eating. 

It's a really weird feeling.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    B&M do a fucking amazing chicken gravy. And a Chinese curry. £1 each, full taste.

There is the Mayflower range in B&M which is tasty and weight loss friendly. We now make Chinese curry instead of takeaway.
  • That's probably the one. 4.5 syns per portion for the curry. Tastes like at least a day's worth.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    That's probably the one. 4.5 syns per portion for the curry. Tastes like at least a day's worth.

Yeah - the powder has a minimal of oil content apparently.
  • davyK wrote:
    Starter :creamy sea food chowder, some wheaten bread artfully prepared on the side. Main : leg of lamb (pink), mashed and roast potatoes, asparagus, broccoli, carrots, mint sauce on side, gravy/jus - whatever must be so dark that light cannot bounce off it. Dessert : industrial strength chocolate cake with blob of cream on the side. A hearty red with the Main A ball busting black fresh ground coffee with the dessert.

I'll have this too, thanks, although I'll take a cheese board for after.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Cheese board is a close second - would make for a 4th course with port.
  • Cheeseboard essential, and by that I mean an overwhelming amount of Parmesan. A whole wheel should suffice
  • Had a revelation recently while down in France.

The cheese course comes between your main and dessert.

The purpose of the cheese course is to accompany any remaining red wine – so that you can start afresh and order a dessert wine with your dessert.

This holds up because you’re in France so of course you had red wine with your meat course.

This blew my wife’s mind. She’s never going back to the British way of ordering cheese after dessert.
  • Does this work with dessert whisky?
  • poprock wrote:
    Had a revelation recently while down in France. The cheese course comes between your main and dessert. The purpose of the cheese course is to accompany any remaining red wine – so that you can start afresh and order a dessert wine with your dessert. This holds up because you’re in France so of course you had red wine with your meat course. This blew my wife’s mind. She’s never going back to the British way of ordering cheese after dessert.

We don't celebrate our cheese enough in the UK. I've eaten a lot of cheese in France and would argue ours is now better, but we just don't appreciate it enough unless it's Christmas. Probably a result of our current fondness for Yankee food, but still. The french have a gastronomic confidence that we lack I suppose.
  • every day wUQmeKo.jpg

What is that thing that is not a sausage?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!