The Outer Worlds - a proper Obsidian RPG.
  • Yeah. But perks often gave cool choices. Lady Killer / Black Widow / Cannibal Perks etc.

There was often some really cool role-play stuff that came out of the perks in Fallout. Add in the lack of dumb-dumb dialogue options and the Diet-Fallout becomes clear.

Still hyped, but I get the wariness.
  • Is this out yet
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Yes
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Been playing it all weekend
  • Fuck. I need to get fired so I can play this
  • Reg has only been playing it in his head Gonz.

Don't go in there. 

It's not out till October 25th 
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • I haven't been this tricked by reg since that time he wore a princess peach outfit in The Player HQ Christmas bash
  • Cinty giving it big up in here makes me interested but fucking hell, to endure a game that looks so dull for the potential... not sure chief.
  • So this is out on Friday. Review embargoes are lifted tomorrow. Despite my reservations, I may pick this up because I need another RPG in my life right now, and the competition isn't up too much.

Greedfall - I don't dig the colonial era aesthetic.
    Revenant - I don't do Souls-likes.
    Outward - I don't like Giant Mantis's

So that leaves this. Will wait the reviews and as long as it's not critically savaged, I'll pick it up. I just hope they've polished some of the areas that needed attention, as discussed from the previous footage. And it's not a completely broken bugfest. Slim chance, I know.

I generally understood though ( and I think Obsidian stated it too) that this was not a AAA release and that would be reflected in the price point?

It's retailing at £50.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Addendum:. Xbox version has 38GB Day One Patch.

CUNK! CUNK!! CUNK!!!
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    It's releasing on Game Pass and is available to pre-load now though.

• It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • It's releasing on Game Pass and is available to pre-load now though.

Is it?? Ooooooh, excite.
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • I've watched a fair few gameplay videos in recent days. Looked rotten to my eyes.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • I HAVE PRELOADED. I AM READY.

Really hope the reviews are good. The fact embargo lifts a few days before launch shows they've confident at least
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I’m looking forward to it. A nice single player game with a different setting.
  • Hopefully they've been given time to fully bake this one, been a long time since Fallout 2 but I'm hoping for a spacey version of it. And it's nice and colourful!
  • I haven’t seen bugger all of it so I’m going in with no expectations.
    I’m going in dry
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Skipped through bits of this and it does look like they have polished it a tad, compared to earlier builds.

• I'm predicting mixed reviews and opinions.
    I dont think it will be a game with mass appeal but I hope they have done the job for those that are missing this type of game this gen.
    A bit of a what if money didnt ruin Bethesda and Bioware.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I'm expecting it'll be an 8-10 hour experience that's designed to be re-run as you try different strategies. I'm looking forward to my genocide run.
  • No, this is an RPG, surely it has to be longer?

PC Gamer says 30hrs.
  • Blocks100 wrote:
    So this is out on Friday. Review embargoes are lifted tomorrow. Despite my reservations, I may pick this up because I need another RPG in my life right now, and the competition isn't up too much.

Greedfall - I don't dig the colonial era aesthetic.
    Revenant - I don't do Souls-likes.
    Outward - I don't like Giant Mantis's

So that leaves this. Will wait the reviews and as long as it's not critically savaged, I'll pick it up. I just hope they've polished some of the areas that needed attention, as discussed from the previous footage. And it's not a completely broken bugfest. Slim chance, I know.

I generally understood though ( and I think Obsidian stated it too) that this was not a AAA release and that would be reflected in the price point?

It's retailing at £50.

Heh, as you'll recall, was having this same musing in rpg thread.

I'm good for fps styles for now.

I need a 3rd person jobby.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Blocks100 wrote:
    No, this is an RPG, surely it has to be longer? PC Gamer says 30hrs.

Its not an rpg. Its about solving a mystery in your solar system with a rocket ship and a log to help follow story threads.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Blocks100 wrote:
    No, this is an RPG, surely it has to be longer?

PC Gamer says 30hrs.

30-40 hours sounds great to me. Don't have time for 100 hours plus.

I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • I certainly don’t. I have 7am-5pm on my own Thursday and would’ve loved to have spent the whole day on this. Sadly it’s not out until Friday and Friday I agreed to help my brother move house :(
  • Facewon wrote:
    Blocks100 wrote:
    So this is out on Friday. Review embargoes are lifted tomorrow. Despite my reservations, I may pick this up because I need another RPG in my life right now, and the competition isn't up too much. Greedfall - I don't dig the colonial era aesthetic. Revenant - I don't do Souls-likes. Outward - I don't like Giant Mantis's So that leaves this. Will wait the reviews and as long as it's not critically savaged, I'll pick it up. I just hope they've polished some of the areas that needed attention, as discussed from the previous footage. And it's not a completely broken bugfest. Slim chance, I know. I generally understood though ( and I think Obsidian stated it too) that this was not a AAA release and that would be reflected in the price point? It's retailing at £50.
    Heh, as you'll recall, was having this same musing in rpg thread. I'm good for fps styles for now. I need a 3rd person jobby.

Don’t we all
    Gamertag, PSN, NNID: mikemsp            3DS code: 3668 - 8117 - 9395

Currently playing: Bone
  • Just read the first few paragraphs and the conclusion as I want to go in not knowing much detail.
    Sounds spot on what I want it to be. Take Fallout pre Fallout 4, change the theme and world, ditch the jank as fuck Creation Engine for the tight Unreal Engine.

Nice.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!