The Next Next Gen Thread o/\o
  • It was fine for 360 and bone so I assume it'll be the same here.
  • monkey wrote:
    I am hyped for this Sony thing in a way I haven’t been hyped for a megacorp press conference in years.

Definitely a frizzle in the air, starts about it 9pm?

Much smaller affair but equally buzzed about the annual (VR) Connect event kicking off at 5pm today. Quest 2 deets, ahh yeah.

That's today? I'll charge my quest and watch it on there
    3DS friend code - 4725-7938-9169
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    MattyJ wrote:
    Anyone know how signing into accounts cross generation works yet? I.e. If I have a series X and an Xbox one, can I sign into both and access games on both? I'm assuming so

I've noticed my xbox one signs me out when I sign into x-cloud, so not sure.

• After playing on my PSVR last night and forgetting how good it is, I'm really excited to see some new VR stuff.
  • If it wasn’t for all the wires and shit, I’d have mine set up. I’ll have to bring it out at some point to finish off some games.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    If it wasn’t for all the wires and shit, I’d have mine set up. I’ll have to bring it out at some point to finish off some games.

Exactly why mine isn’t set up. Love it whenever I use it, but whenever it comes to setting it up I just can’t be bothered.
  • TheBoyRoberts
    Show networks
    Xbox
    The Boy Roberts
    PSN
    TheBoyRoberts
    Steam
    TheBoyRoberts
    Wii
    BoyRoberts

Send message
    MattyJ wrote:
    Anyone know how signing into accounts cross generation works yet? I.e. If I have a series X and an Xbox one, can I sign into both and access games on both? I'm assuming so
    I've noticed my xbox one signs me out when I sign into x-cloud, so not sure.

You'll not be able to be signed into both your xBox Series X/S or your Xbox One at the same time, but you'll be able to have an account ready on both.

Same as the current setup I suspect.  I do wonder if you'll be able to have a Series and an Xbox One setup to be your "home" xBox?
  • Verecocha wrote:
    hylian_elf wrote:
    If it wasn’t for all the wires and shit, I’d have mine set up. I’ll have to bring it out at some point to finish off some games.
    Exactly why mine isn’t set up. Love it whenever I use it, but whenever it comes to setting it up I just can’t be bothered.

And me.  Mine is even all connected up and hidden in the void i built in behind the tv but even then i cant be arsed with the wires and shit.  Same with the quest and link cable.
  • I lent mine to a mate after my PS4 melted, hopefully it still works. Statik, Headmaster and Astrobot were all superb. Hopefully it all works on PS5 (Inc. software)
    Knopfler.
  • Has it been mentioned in here that the Xbox series mem expansions are $220 for 1TB?
    Which is $20 more than the exact same PC internal drive on Amazon.
    So expect any ps5 compatible drive to be about the same price.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Not necessarily. Cerny said PS5 will use off the shelf drives, once the speed comes to market which will probably be 2021. They’ll be NVMe’s pcie 4.0 which are already on the market but not as fast as the Sony drive currently.

MS shouldn’t have gone proprietary. It’s like they haven’t learned from Sony.
    SW-2099-8822-2505 - Boris - Goldenisle - Apples
  • I’d be interested in a PSVR2 if it steamed up less.
  • If Nans can't work out what Xbox to buy they arent gonna work out which NVME speed is compatible.
  • The Xbox ones aren't proprietary are they?
    They are just nvme gen 4s in a little Xbox interface case?
    You can buy one right now for your pc I think. 

Isn't the PS5 drive the same?
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    "Microsoft partnered with Seagate to create an external 1TB NVMe SSD that’s custom designed to work with the Series X. It looks like an old-school memory card. Installing the SSD is as simple as plugging it into the slot designed for it in the back of the Series X. There’s no word yet on whether larger capacity versions will be available or how much it will cost. It will probably be expensive, but it provides an easy option to increase SSD storage by as much as you can afford."
    SW-2099-8822-2505 - Boris - Goldenisle - Apples
  • Hey man, someone has to pay for that £250 console.
  • Then again, coming a month sooner you can literally jump into another dimension with this next gen console revealed today.

Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ XR2
    50% Pixel Increase
    6GB of RAM
    New Touch Controllers
    PC VR
    90Hz Capable
    10% Lighter
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • How many flops does it have?
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Managed three on a rainy day.
  • Makes my soul drip, drip away.
  • My man.
  • All console launches look shocking this year. Poor software, overpriced software, compromised hardware options.

The only good things are gamepass and BC info
  • Looks like a fairly soft transition. The new machines look like an upgrade of the current tech rather than any sort of leap forward, especially while both manufacturers are going to be looking to sell games to PC owners.

Sticking with xbox seems a no brainer when I already own a load of games. The decision seems to be when to make the purchase. 

- Take advantage of the £250 machine at or near launch, but the advantages don't seem obvious now. Maybe some better frame rates?

- Wait for the big boy to come down in price in the new year. I don't need 4K, but it seems future proof. Later models might have more memory maybe.
  • PS5 preorders already sold out on Very, Christmas is going to be a scalper's dream!
    Gamertard: Laddergoat       PSN: HMV
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Miles Morales and the new Horizon game are cross gen after all? The way both MS and Sony have played this has been poor. MS with the faux consumer friendly bollocks as they had nowt ready for launch anyway, and Sony with the "we believe in generations" bollocks about harnessing the power of next gen.

Can't help but feel if they were both up front and honest about cross gen games, added to the fact that we're already used to and understand the practice anyway, it would have been a better look. As it is they both come across a bit snide.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    So is Ratchet and Clank their only next gen exclusive?
    Get schwifty.
  • This has all certainly been good news for the consumer then. Between MS, Sony and PC, there's something (largely) affordable for most gamer folk, and plenty of options on the table when it comes to new hardware.
    They all just need to bring the fecking games to make it worthwhile now.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Hey, you missed Oculus off that list. Starting to get para here.
  • I clicked on the video, hair tbf, but the footage was too grainy.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!