The Next Next Gen Thread o/\o
  • SkyTv model is quite appropriate actually. Interesting.
  • SkyTv model is quite appropriate actually. Interesting.

If ms can get Idris Elba on board then it really is console war over.
    SFV - reddave360
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    As long as they don’t make a Bond game.
  • Unlikely wrote:
    Then why is it surprising that so many people are opting for the pay-monthly route?

Knowing I'm in a fortunate position compared to the general populace doesn't mean the ratio here doesn't surprise me. I just thought a greater percentage here would buying it as a one shot.

/leshrug
  • Nano cell lg tv

Lg dolby atmos soundbar 3.2.1

series S day 1

Series x in 2 years when they release the slimming world version
    PSN - minkymu
  • Definitely: Series X when the next Forza Horizon arrives.

Maybe: Either the S or the X sooner, after day one but before Christmas.

Maybe: Oculus 2, if I can convince myself Facebook aren’t going to steal my very eyeballs through it.

Doubtful: PS5. They’d need to have one game I absolutely must play. Which looks unlikely.
  • TheBoyRoberts
    Show networks
    Xbox
    The Boy Roberts
    PSN
    TheBoyRoberts
    Steam
    TheBoyRoberts
    Wii
    BoyRoberts

Send message
    Ps5 dickless ordered!

Hopefully a Xbox X (prefer access all areas shenanigans, but happy to pay for it i can’t get one from Smyths) 

Thinking about getting a 3080, but I missed the founders edition today and I’m a bit miffed!

I’m in a similar position as Tiger; work in the public sector, in a secure well paid job and have a bit cash saved up, so I’m in the very fortunate position where I can afford all of this.

Simply can’t wait - there’s nothing like a new console launch!
  • Wouldn't it be lovely if Playground had a wee mini-expansion ready for launch and all the 4K60 goodness? Ah. Genuinely excited about playing a Horizon at 60fps.

My big Day Oner is probably going to be Destiny 2 tbh. It looks like it'll run like a dream on X. Then obviously, Yakuza: Like A Dragon.

This is probably not the picture I/we were hoping for and it may illicit giggles from the back but I'm hyped either way. Haven't been on a home console launch since the DC twenty year ago. Let's go.
  • Yeah definitely going to have a look at Destiny 2, all the sexy graffix!
  • And the whole shebang on Gamepass too. Great time to jump (back) in.
  • Pre-ordered a PS5 disc edition today. Going to sell my Pro and some games to largely cover the cost. Will likely pick up Spidermans and/or Demon’s Souls nearer to launch.

Will also be going for a Series X on finance. I only briefly had a Bone, so there’s loads on Gamepass that I haven’t touched. May not actually buy a game for a while!
  • TheBoyRoberts
    Show networks
    Xbox
    The Boy Roberts
    PSN
    TheBoyRoberts
    Steam
    TheBoyRoberts
    Wii
    BoyRoberts

Send message
    Yeah definitely going to have a look at Destiny 2, all the sexy graffix!

Yeh looking forward to some 60fps destiny action too!
  • Pre-ordered a disc-less PS5 and one of those charging stand things.

The boy has saved his chores and b’day monies for quite a while and he will decide by 7.30am tomorrow morning whether he will be trying for the full fat ps5 from Argos OR he may shift sides because of gamepass.  He’d prefer to stick with PS but it depends where his mates go.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Im not buying any but living vicariously through you guy's apathy/turbulent excitement
  • Unlikely wrote:
    I know. :) I'm surprised so many people want to go the pay monthly route though. I'd have thought more people would buy outright but it seems a popular option.

Not everyone is lucky enough to be able to throw £450 down at one time.  Surely that's obvious?
    Is it? I had no idea I was so fortunate.

Are you serious, or just being an obnoxious cunt?
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • Looks like I just sold the Pro for £225 with a few of the games that are coming with the PS5 PS+ service. I paid £315 for it 3 years ago, so £30 depreciation a year isn’t too bad!
  • Where and how?  I need to get on this.
  • Ebay
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • Unlikely wrote:
    I know. :) I'm surprised so many people want to go the pay monthly route though. I'd have thought more people would buy outright but it seems a popular option.

Not everyone is lucky enough to be able to throw £450 down at one time.  Surely that's obvious?
    Is it? I had no idea I was so fortunate.

Are you serious, or just being an obnoxious cunt?
    It was reference my post just before where I had already said how fortunate and lucky I was to be able to do so, that appeared to have been missed.

• Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    I sold my PS4 Pro (immaculate, boxed) for £200 in CEX a few weeks.  Was happy with that.
    Get schwifty.
  • Cash?
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Good move. I should have done that.
  • I'm thinking that Im going to sit out until some degree of normalcy returns. I have £650 in the bookies accounts which I had been planning on using for a PS5, but given, you know, everything right now that will pay rent for a month if necessary.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Kernowgaz wrote:
    Cash?

Yep,
    Get schwifty.
  • I'm thinking that Im going to sit out until some degree of normalcy returns. I have £650 in the bookies accounts which I had been planning on using for a PS5, but given, you know, everything right now that will pay rent for a month if necessary.

This is about where I am at unfortunately.
    Dropping big money on things doesnt feel wise in my situation, nor does commiting to a 24 month contract.

I have a 980ti if you want it? It'll cost you 1 pint at some future b&b stock.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • Oh BTW I'll also be doing the one-time upgrade from Bone Fifa 21 to Series X but that shit is dirty and I deserve all ridicule I get for it.
  • That’s isn’t an issue is it?
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Apologies if I came across as insensitive to anyone earlier. I thought I'd made it clear I knew I was very lucky to be in the situation I'm in.

See y'all on the digital battlefield soon. Pew pew.
  • Nah just that I'm once again opening my arsehole up for a nice year long shafting off EA. I hate it but I love it really. I'm a FUT Fiend.

Edit: @gaz

Dont be silly tigre.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!