Movie Record: 2019 Edition!!
  • Yeah, had it on Blu Ray.
  • Good man. I love a bit of T2.
    Mostly an idiot. Live: thedarthjim / Instagram: mrjalco / Twitter: @MrJalco
  • I remember going to the cinema to see T2 back in the day, when going to the movies was an event. I was blown away by it at the time, it had everything; Arnie, guns, cutting edge CGI, guns, Harley Fatboy, G'n'R, miniguns... amazing.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Is the director's cut the one where the T-1000 kinda malfunctions?
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • One of the scenes from directors cut I remember is Arnie having his cpu or whatever being taken out
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Ah yeah I've seen that.
  • Yes. And he tried to smile.
  • Lego Jurassic World- put it on for the kids. It’s utter rubbish. They loved it. I was free to drink a coffee for half hour. 10/10
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Trainspotting 2 - was lovely and fun (mostly) to catch up with the characters but ultimately a bit pointless.

Cam - good, clever little thriller. Built a nice atmosphere and the main character was great.
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Bringing Up Baby - still completely insane, still completely great.
  • Unbreakable.  Still pretty good, still his best film. [8]
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Bringing Up Baby - still completely insane, still completely great.

Yes! It’s a fabulous old flick. Utterly mad. Cary Grant at his best.
  • Split
    Fairly good thriller. James McAvoy superb, all 24 of him. 7
  • Source Code
    Nifty, pacy and enjoyable Gyllenhaal groundhog techno thriller. 8
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    The Naked Gun 2 1/2 - not the best, but has the best running gag in the zoo breakout that pays off deliciously at the end
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    I'm not doing well this year so far, think I've seen some of the ones mentioned above, but not totally sure especially as I fall asleep watching films sometimes

Asher
    Jewish Leon, everyone is 30 years older, slow, poorly written, slightly engaging [6]

edit: Ron Perlman alone is what earns many of those points
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Glass
    More holes than a box of Tetley. McAvoy’s split show far less convincing this time around. Shame. 3/10
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • Ill Manors
    Excellent musical, poetic narration ties together interweaving story in London underbelly. Dark!
    [8]
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Annihilation - visually stunning but I found the film dull and the acting flat. 5/10

Bird Box - Some clichéd characters but good performances and a tense atmosphere. 7/10

American Animals - really enjoyed this, had a bit of the I Tonya docu feel. 8/10
  • Glass
    More holes than a box of Tetley. McAvoy’s split show far less convincing this time around. Shame. 3/10

Dang. I was hoping he'd make another good one seeing as this was surely a passion project. Ah well. They're advertising it heaps so I'm sure it'll make lots of money
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Glass

Dang. I was hoping he'd make another good one seeing as this was surely a passion project. Ah well. They're advertising it heaps so I'm sure it'll make lots of money

It has already. One fucking thing about Shyamalan is no matter the film, he's tenacious. He took out a 5 mill loan to do The Visit which made $98 mill world wide.

He took out a $9 mill loan to do split which made $200+ mill world wide.

Glass is budgeted at $20 mill and made $16mill back on Friday night. Dude knows his pop corn
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    The smattering of folks in the theatre seemed equally dissatisfied. Cineworld Crawley plumped to show it on their only IMAX screen. Baffling, as it didn’t have one moment deserving that canvas. No talkers or munchers near us so could have been worse :D
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • I really want to see it but I won’t go to the cinema anymore. Other people just ruin it for me. Talking, chewing loudly, rustling extra rustle bags and using phones just makes me want to go postal on them.

I’ll wait and check it out on blu ray or rent a stream when it arrives there. Can watch peacefully in my own home on my own.
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • 3. Some Like It Hot - And some like it old, obvious, badly acted, but jolly good fun. 6/10
  • Oh it’s a great movie. One of the best final lines of any comedy in my opinion
  • Oceans 8
    Waste of a cast, dull for three quarters, Corden was the highlight?
    SFV - reddave360
  • No, Cate Blanchett’s outfits were the highlight. Those and Helena Bonham-Carter taking the utter piss. Shit film generally though.
  • Mary, Queen of Scots: Opulent and theatrical period piece that is so boring it ends up feeling about twice as long as it actually is. 5/10

Jumanji (1995): Even after two bottles of wine, it's safe to say I preferred this when I was seven. 4/10
  • Just back from watching The Front Runner at the cinema.  First time I've been in about four years.  Anyway, solid drama with excellent Jackmanning about a POTUS that never was.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Kazuo wrote:
    Mary, Queen of Scots: Opulent and theatrical period piece that is so boring it ends up feeling about twice as long as it actually is. 5/10

Jumanji (1995): Even after two bottles of wine, it's safe to say I preferred this when I was seven. 4/10

Have you watched the new Jumanji? It's surprisingly OK.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!