PlayStation VR 2
  • Cupatay wrote:
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    It's the light gun games that are on my mind at the mo.  I'm hoping to grab VR Worlds from Argos on my way home, mainly for London Heist, but I'll be all over Until Dawn: Rush of Blood at some point as the demo was superb.

With the exception of Rush of Blood, the on rails shooters haven't realy had great reviews. I was hoping to find a good Time Crisis or Ghost Squad equivalent but no luck.

I've played Firewall with the aim controller, it seems to work well for everyone else that have been playing for months but I couldn't hit a barn door. I'm sure it would be great with 8 players of a similar ability. I'm not gonna give up on it yet anyway.

• Kernowgaz wrote:
    As Firewall Zero Hour has a free weekend trial at the mo, has anyone tried it?

• Kernowgaz wrote:

It has to be worth a look for free, I'm not sure how it would feel playing with the dual shock though. It may under sell the experience. Also from the brief time I spent with this, communication seems key even more so when your dead as you get to look through the security cameras and give info to your live team mates on the enemies where abouts.

Could be alot of fun with the right group of players I reckon.

• There's some cross play stuff appearing in the Steam store lately. I thought Sony were fairly reluctant about this kind of thing but maybe they're giving VR some slack. We shall all be one big family soon.

https://www.roadtovr.com/best-cross-compatible-multiplayer-games-for-rift-vive-psvr/
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • There's some cross play stuff appearing in the Steam store lately. I thought Sony were fairly reluctant about this kind of thing but maybe they're giving VR some slack. We shall all be one big family soon.

Such as?
  • Fuck I didn't realise Rec Room was cross play. You should all get that freebie.
  • Cupatay wrote:
    Kernowgaz wrote:

It has to be worth a look for free, I'm not sure how it would feel playing with the dual shock though. It may under sell the experience. Also from the brief time I spent with this, communication seems key even more so when your dead as you get to look through the security cameras and give info to your live team mates on the enemies where abouts.

Ive got the aim controller so will give it a go, cheers.And it’s £15.99 at the mo
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Cupatay wrote:
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    It's the light gun games that are on my mind at the mo.  I'm hoping to grab VR Worlds from Argos on my way home, mainly for London Heist, but I'll be all over Until Dawn: Rush of Blood at some point as the demo was superb.

With the exception of Rush of Blood, the on rails shooters haven't realy had great reviews. I was hoping to find a good Time Crisis or Ghost Squad equivalent but no luck.

I've played Firewall with the aim controller, it seems to work well for everyone else that have been playing for months but I couldn't hit a barn door. I'm sure it would be great with 8 players of a similar ability. I'm not gonna give up on it yet anyway.

Ooops. I’d already read that

• Kernowgaz wrote:
    Cupatay wrote:
    Kernowgaz wrote:

Ive got the aim controller so will give it a go, cheers.And it’s £15.99 at the mo

Let us know how you got on with it if you do.

What other games have you used the aim controller with?

• SW Battlefield arrived today, so I played the VR mission this evening. Quality stuff. I've never been a huge Star Wars fan but I always liked the originals and I enjoyed the ones I've seen from the new lot (yes, including TLJ). I've got to admit I got some tingles when the familiar parts of the score kicked in at the end. It's just a shame it's so brief (17 mins for me); something a bit meatier could be superb/essential.
  • Cupatay wrote:
    Kernowgaz wrote:
    Cupatay wrote:
    Kernowgaz wrote:

Let us know how you got on with it if you do.

What other games have you used the aim controller with?

Only played Farpoint which I enjoyed but as I don’t build up my VR legs really, so after 10 mins get a bit sicky, so stop. I’ve got Arizona Sunshine but it needed patching, so hopefully it has when I get back to it soon.

I’ve signed up to Ps+ again now so will play Werewolves Within again , which I loved. I bought Star Trek but never got round to playing it yet.

Have you or anyone played Doom VFR ? Looks good and you can play with the aim controller.
  • jdanielp
    Show networks
    Facebook
    jdanielp
    Twitter
    jdanielp
    Xbox
    jdanielp
    PSN
    jdanielp_uk
    Steam
    jdanielp_uk

Send message
    I decided to grab Polybius before the PSN sale ended yesterday. As suspected, it is rather more abstract than I would like, but it is certainly very hypnotic in VR and has a 3D TV mode for good measure which I can use when my friend wants his PSVR back. It's no Rez or Thumper though...
  • Has anyone played either of the boxing efforts on PSN (Creed or Knockout League)?  The latter appeals a smidge more, but either would do if they're good.  I'm after a pattern/reactions thing, Punch-Out! in VR, basically.  I presume move controllers are required for both.
  • Creed on Vive is ok, but nowhere near as good as non-vr Punch-Out with the Wiimotes.
  • Btw, Ultrawings is good if it's ever on sale. It's a bit like an inferior Pilotwings but it's a great vr experience. Crashing is genuinely terrifying.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Has anyone played either of the boxing efforts on PSN (Creed or Knockout League)?  The latter appeals a smidge more, but either would do if they're good.  I'm after a pattern/reactions thing, Punch-Out! in VR, basically.  I presume move controllers are required for both.

I have both but haven't played Creed yet. With Knockout League, the feeling of immersion when standing right in front of your opponent is amazing. It's bloody hard work and a fair old work out too. I really should try Creed.
    PSN: LtPidgeon - Live: Lt Pidgeon
  • I watched a video of that one, looked decent. 

If anyone's bored and fancies making me a PSVR top 5 or 10 it's be appreciated.  I like a good list, been through loads of recommendations online but they lack the badger touch.
  • LtPidgeon wrote:
    With Knockout League, the feeling of immersion when standing right in front of your opponent is amazing. It's bloody hard work and a fair old work out too.

Is it patterns based on tells from the opponent, with a bit of head bobbing for dodges?
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Is it patterns based on tells from the opponent, with a bit of head bobbing for dodges?

I can't remember, sorry. Dodging is full on up and down rather than just head bobbing, unless I was doing it wrong and that's why I was sweating like fuck.
  • Hmm. Might need to get my fitness up first, cheers.
  • Both VR boxing things on PSVR look like Punch Out.

I don't want Punch Out, I want Fight Night.
  • Room-scale VR will get you fit right enough.
  • jdanielp
    Show networks
    Facebook
    jdanielp
    Twitter
    jdanielp
    Xbox
    jdanielp
    PSN
    jdanielp_uk
    Steam
    jdanielp_uk

Send message
    Had another go in Polybius last night and got far more into it than previously. It's still no Rez or Thumper...
  • Is there a version of that "walk the plank" VR game for PSVR? The one where you are up a skyscraper?
  • Yeah, only really worth living up for a fiver. Like it says, it's good to demo to people but not much game. Google Earth VR had kinda made it redundant on PC as you can do all sorts of crazy shit amongst the skyscrapers. It's terrifying.
  • Where the heck can I get some move controllers from?? Everywhere is sold out or I’m just super unlucky!! Have sony stopped production?
  • Where the heck can I get some move controllers from?? Everywhere is sold out or I’m just super unlucky!! Have sony stopped production?

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2019/01/where_can_you_buy_playstation_move_controllers_for_psvr
    I like to think I'm a CAN DO kind of guy...
    And the number of cans I can normally do is 12.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!