jdanielp
    Xbox
    jdanielp
    PSN
    jdanielp_uk
    Steam
    jdanielp_uk

Send message
    Wipeout VR is great, and I usually find Wipeout boring.

I played the demo a few times in VR and found it surprisingly not-vomit-inducing (depsite usually being susceptible) and easier to play than non-VR. Omega Collection is £9.49 in the PS Store until the end of tomorrow and I'm quite tempted...
  • Blood and Truth is out tomorrow. Supposedly excellent.

Think 'The Heist' but made into a PROPER GAME, YO.
  • I'm up for it, but not just yet.
  • Hopefully it plays as well with the DS4 as Laahndaahn Heist did. I love the VR stuff I've played but I'm not forking out for move controllers at this stage of the console gen.
  • After not playing VR for over 2 years, I first tried Moss which was really impressive, does anyone know if the demo was Pro enhanced or standard as it was a little blurry.

I then tried Astro Bot after not really giving the initial Playroom a go, HOLY FUCK - move over Mario your crown has gone. What a game and thats only playing the first 2 levels, so inventive and looked stunning ( I guess it was pro enhanced)
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • I'd be well tempted by Everybody's golf.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omPheBlro9A
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • £25 is too much for only 3 courses though.

Is there an updated Pro enhanced games list anywhere ? Tried google buts the lists aren’t new enough.

I’m not a massive fan of Tetris, how good is it in VR? I bought it on sale a couple of months ago but haven’t tried it yet.
  • Incredible. So immersive and trance enducing.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Kernowgaz wrote:
    After not playing VR for over 2 years, I first tried Moss which was really impressive, does anyone know if the demo was Pro enhanced or standard as it was a little blurry. I then tried Astro Bot after not really giving the initial Playroom a go, HOLY FUCK - move over Mario your crown has gone. What a game and thats only playing the first 2 levels, so inventive and looked stunning ( I guess it was pro enhanced)

Astro Bot is worth the price of a VR unit.  I'm not Rockerfeller but I stand by that, it's the best exclusive on PS4.  It gets better too, so you're definitely in for a treat.  Almost a perfect experience.  

Tetris in VR on the other hand...it's not for me.  I get what the immersion is supposed to add in theory, but in practice you're just playing Tetris with stuff going on around you.  Like playing a Gameboy at the Planetarium.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    I'm up for it, but not just yet.
    Quite happy to send it out if you want to borrow it down the line. x
  • That'd be great, thanks.  I read some reviews yesterday and it does sound like my sort of thing, given that the lightgun renaissance is one of my favourite things about VR.
  • No worries.

Amazon Prime has screwed me so I'm not getting it today. Bleugh.
  • Boo. They sometimes deliver up to 9pm, but I guess they've let you know it's not happening today?

What consoles do you have? I'll pm a list of stuff I can lend, something might take your fancy.
  • I just watched an incredible looking clip from the game. Looks something special as a VR experience. Kind of hoping there's a god mode / cinematic mode to allow non-gamey people to play through. I'd be fine, obviously... I'm awesome at games.

No need for lending anything, I barely play games as it is! If I ever was interested though it would be single player PS4 or Switch games. :)
  • That's pretty much all I buy. I'll do a list anyway.
  • jdanielp
    Show networks
    Facebook
    jdanielp
    Twitter
    jdanielp
    Xbox
    jdanielp
    PSN
    jdanielp_uk
    Steam
    jdanielp_uk

Send message
    In the end I bought Wipeout Omega Collection and made a start on it last night. I was able to play in VR without any real discomfort (even with the view locked to the pilot) and only stopped after half an hour when it became apparent that just the first few tracks were available while it continued to download. Good stuff! I then managed my best run on Level 8+ of Thumper. I'm still way off being able to complete later '+' levels, but now have a cumulative score in the top 200 on PSN! I am just inside the top 1000 on the normal levels.
  • I want to try Wipeout but know I’ll have a mouth full of vomit. I’ll slowly get my VR legs first, I even my stomach churn a bit play the Astro Bot trailer when the camera moved.
  • I couldn't handle Resi in VR, and the FPS in VR World caused me some travel sickness feels too (I think - I've never felt travel sick but I'd imagine that's how it feels).  I find that being on rails nullifies any sickness stuff - Until Dawn: Rush of Blood to the Head, for example, same deal with moving jut the camera in AstroBot - but moving around in first person mode yourself, while being able to look around with your head, is a problem

Statik and Headmaster are both fully excellent PSN VR titles, FYI.
  • jdanielp
    Show networks
    Facebook
    jdanielp
    Twitter
    jdanielp
    Xbox
    jdanielp
    PSN
    jdanielp_uk
    Steam
    jdanielp_uk

Send message
    Kernowgaz wrote:
    I want to try Wipeout but know I’ll have a mouth full of vomit. I’ll slowly get my VR legs first, I even my stomach churn a bit play the Astro Bot trailer when the camera moved.

There's a demo to download for Wipeout. I fully expected to not be able to handle it but was quite ok. I think it tends to be framerate that gets to me most. I sometimes feel odd playing non-VR games if the framerate is unreliable, e.g. Firewatch.
  • jdanielp wrote:
    Kernowgaz wrote:
    I want to try Wipeout but know I’ll have a mouth full of vomit. I’ll slowly get my VR legs first, I even my stomach churn a bit play the Astro Bot trailer when the camera moved.

There's a demo to download for Wipeout. I fully expected to not be able to handle it but was quite ok. I think it tends to be framerate that gets to me most. I sometimes feel odd playing non-VR games if the framerate is unreliable, e.g. Firewatch.

Wipeout is amazing in vr and non vr forms.
  • jdanielp wrote:
    Kernowgaz wrote:

I’ve already got it cheers but not tried the VR yet.
  • Just bought VR Worlds, Doom VFR , Skyrim VR, WIPEOUT VR and Astro Bot for £30 on ebay.

I’ve already got a code for VR Worlds, as long my codes get redeemed ok- does anyone want a code for VR worlds ?

All I need to get now is Moss and try the demo for Superhot. And try Firewall which I’ve not got around to.
  • My codes work, so who wants a code for Vr Worlds?
  • I can lend you the disc for Moss if you like.
  • Ooooh , yes please. Thank you.
  • Got VR Worlds Moot?
  • jdanielp
    Show networks
    Facebook
    jdanielp
    Twitter
    jdanielp
    Xbox
    jdanielp
    PSN
    jdanielp_uk
    Steam
    jdanielp_uk

Send message
    If nobody else wants it, I would happily try Worlds (I don't actually own PSVR yet myself though, merely borrowing, so have only been buying games that work in non-VR. Anyone with their own PSVR should get the first preference).

Half an hour is around my safe limit in Wipeout as it turns out now it has fully download. I didn't feel sick as such, but was definitely starting to feel something.
  • Yeah no probs jd, by the end of play tomorrow- that’s ok ?

Played Firewall Zero Hour, wow what a game especially as it was only £13. Playing with the Aim controller and it was great, moved around too much and had to reset the headset a few times though but was because I kept moving and turning around away from the camera. It’s basically VR Rainbow Six , had a moment where I couldn’t get through the door and saw the gun was stopping me getting thru the door, brought it up to my chest and went through.

Slowly getting my VR legs could only manage an hour before the funny stomach feeling.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!