Apex Legends - Battle Royale by Respawn (OP updated with players)
  • Still enjoying, me and mates often whatsapp'ing each other like 'who wants to die lots tonight?'

Apparently you can use mouse/keyboard with xbox? If people are doing that no wonder i'm dying a lot.
  • Pretty sure the only FPS/BR that has native KB and Mouse support on console is Fortnite, as it has crossplay.

If you use them on it, you only play against other KB&M users.
  • I know there's a lot of people using m&k on both PS4 and Xbox via XIM4 adapters (cheating fucks), but I didn't realise there was any official support.

Edit: That Fortnite system of input specific queues is brilliant. Every competitive multiplayer shooter should be using it.
  • 100% every FPS (game in general) should have the option.

The head honcho of Overwatch is vehemently against it on console, despite Fortnite showing how easy it is to implement.

If only Fortnite wasn't shite.
  • I know there's a lot of people using m&k on both PS4 and Xbox via XIM4 adapters

Hmm, can't beat em?

(well, you obviously can, i can't)
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    It's about £100 I think to get a converter for games without native support. That's a hefty chunk to pay out to git gud.
  • Fuck.
    That.
    I'd rather spend that on beer and get more shit
  • Djornson wrote:
    My problem is I sometimes spend so long not seeing an enemy as soon as i see one i panic and all my tactical awareness goes out the window

LOL. Level 62 myself and if we cold drop, this is me all over. I swear Rag Tagg makes vids just for me.

Having been off FPS multi for a long, long time I'm not being to hard on myself, but I am starting to get a little annoyed at my decision making sometimes, espically if I had kit/loot that could of dealt with the situation.

My aiming is still shite tho.

• It's about £100 I think to get a converter for games without native support. That's a hefty chunk to pay out to git gud.

I'm still skeptical as to how they work. If the game doesn't natively support it, then surely it's just substituting your inputs onto the analogue controls. It might mean quicker movement, but surely still can't overcome the game's actual control scheme.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    It's about £100 I think to get a converter for games without native support. That's a hefty chunk to pay out to git gud.

I'm still skeptical as to how they work. If the game doesn't natively support it, then surely it's just substituting your inputs onto the analogue controls. It might mean quicker movement, but surely still can't overcome the game's actual control scheme.

I think it's just the added precision that mouse control adds. There's nothing that comes close to a mouse for FPSs.
  • It's about £100 I think to get a converter for games without native support. That's a hefty chunk to pay out to git gud.

Apex is on PC so it does support it, no?
  • Specifically the console version using those adapters.

Apex on consoles does not have native KB&M support.

I assume it just approximates your mouse movements to what the analogue sticks can do, and does it as quick as possible.
  • Specifically the console version using those adapters. Apex on consoles does not have native KB&M support. I assume it just approximates your mouse movements to what the analogue sticks can do, and does it as quick as possible.

You're correct, it's not nearly as accurate as normal kbm but can still give an advantage, providing you're better with kbm than controller. If you're bad with it, you'll still be bad, it's not an instant win button.
  • I know there's a lot of people using m&k on both PS4 and Xbox via XIM4 adapters (cheating fucks), but I didn't realise there was any official support. Edit: That Fortnite system of input specific queues is brilliant. Every competitive multiplayer shooter should be using it.

That was added fairly late though, I tried kbm on Fortnite against what I assume were mostly controller players before it was implemented. Here's a clip...

https://youtu.be/882K_8MVzoI
  • Holy shit, nice reflexes.  

And aye the control specific queues for Fortnite were indeed added after later on, up to then you could use whatever you liked, which is fair enough.  If the game is open about supporting both m&k and controller then you can't really complain.  

I'm glad they changed it to the current system though.
  • Thanks but I feel like my reflexes are awful now, too old. I'm pretty sure I'd do better with XIM than controller but I consider it cheating like you, I did a fair bit of research years ago when I came across Destiny players that used it. Plus it's expensive and money that I'd always use to put towards a PC instead.
  • The "Thicc Bois 4 Lyfe" patch went live yesterday.  Gibby and Caustic got a 10% damage reduction as well as gun-shield and gas buffs.  They're actual tanks now, especially Gibby with that 75hp shield, it feels like he can finally go toe-to-toe with anyone.

There were some weapon changes as well. The Havoc, Scout, and DMR all got buffed and look to be in good places, and the Spitfire and Wingman got nerfed.  

While I'm fine with the patch on in general the reduction of the Wingman's standard mag size to 4 rounds has relegated it to trash tier (especially on console).  Sad times for what used to be my weapon of choice.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Need to get back on this.
  • Find myself wondering if player counts have waned a bit for this. There seem to be less and less people playing on my friends list anyway. I'm playing less but mostly because I'm at the business end of my degree with less time on my hands.

@stormyskiesahead that Wingman buff is a total kick in the nuts. Didn't realise Spitfire had been nerfed too, love that gun. Find myself using the EVA-8 and Spitfire or R-301 as combo of choice at the moment.
    PSN ID - s-revill
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Ive been having the odd blast but SoT has taken over again, and the update is today.
  • SeanySean wrote:
    Find myself wondering if player counts have waned a bit for this. There seem to be less and less people playing on my friends list anyway. I'm playing less but mostly because I'm at the business end of my degree with less time on my hands. @stormyskiesahead that Wingman buff is a total kick in the nuts. Didn't realise Spitfire had been nerfed too, love that gun. Find myself using the EVA-8 and Spitfire or R-301 as combo of choice at the moment.

Aye, lots of people are talking about the player base being a pale shadow of what it was a month ago (I've got very few friends playing it and we got queued up with - and killed by - the same champion squad 2 games running the other day).  I love it to bits, but there's no doubt the general disappointment of the Battle Pass, the lack of new playable content, and the sorry state of the store has left a lot of people feeling like it's all gone a bit stale.   

Respawn's statement about the lack of content was a whole lot of nothing.  If you wanna succeed with a FtP Games as a Service model you absolutely need to keep your playerbase engaged with updates and actually have something in the store they wanna buy.  A new Legend and weapon every 3 months and a handful of trash cosmetics ain't enough for this game to survive in the long term.   

I'm still playing but nowhere near as much.  Spending more time on Don't Starve Together.
  • For guns though, Spitfire or R-301 primary and either a Peacekeeper or R-99 secondary for me.  I'll drop my secondary for a Kraber or Mastiff if I find one though, getting a Kraber almost guarantees a win.  

The DMR is crazy good right now as well, I've got my arse kicked by that a few times lately.
  • I've gone r99/301/RE45 & Spitfire/wingman/Flatline since learning light ammo melts shields & heavy ammo slows target players movement & slides.

Will have a dabble every now & then with the Triple take as I'm a shit sniper, but there is no bullet drop with energy weapons.

Buffs & nerfs were OK, just gutted that Hudson has been pushed back to season 2. I understand Respawns statement & fair play for not cracking the whip, but I don't know how long this game will survive with small, drip fed content/updates.

Hopefully season 2 has a bit more meat on the bone that season 1.
  • Yeah I was pretty disappointed the battle pass once I got over the brief thrill of the new. It's still an absolute hoot to play, and thankfully there's not as big a skill gap developing as there was on Fortnite, but areas of the map need refreshing very soon, and they need to shake up the reward system a little too. Seems there's going to be absolutely fuck all arriving mid-season apart from balance tweaks.
    PSN ID - s-revill
  • A new patch coming early next week should address some of the game ruining bugs that have been driving many people (myself included) crazy of late.

Highlights include;  Increasing the volume of close proximity enemy footsteps, and increasing the priority of enemy footsteps to ensure the sound plays even in heavy combat situations. At last!!!  

Fixing the hit detection issues will be an ongoing thing, but fingers crossed this patch will make the game a little less frustrating overall.
  • A new Apex blog post goes some way to addressing community concerns about lack of content and a sorry excuse for a Battle Pass.  Before the end of the current season we're getting a new Limited Time Mode , The Legendary Hunt, that'll feature challenges, new legendary cosmetics, and something called the Elite Queue - where the aim is to finish top 5, you'll then get queued in to the next game against all top 5 squads, lose your top 5 finish at any time and you're out.

The new Battle Pass sound better, daily and weekly challenges (nothing "wacky" though) to make progression less time consuming, more legendary skins, more crafting materials, and the removal of stat trackers and voice lines from the premium tier.

It's all good stuff, but honestly, Season 1 should have launched like this.  3 months of player frustration and an ever shrinking playerbase is the last thing a live service game needs.  Fingers crossed this brings a good few people back, because when you're not getting killed because you haven't found a gun despite looting four buildings and six supply bins, or bugs meant you didn't hear that enemy player walk right up behind you and then your bullets didn't register any damage, it's a fucking blinder.
  • In other news (and despite not playing all that often atm) I'm now at over 200 wins, which is the same amount in the 4 odd months since this came out than I've managed in almost 2 years of Fortnite BR.

While the skill gap amongst the remaining playebase ain't a patch on Fortnite's (thankfully), the games are much harder to win now than they were during the opening month. Apex players are some fast shooting tactical motherfuckers fo' sho'.
  • I might get back into it with new challenges and so on. Fell off pretty hard tbh.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • You're not alone, a hell of a lot of people fell of it.

The LTM drops on Tuesday, and the challenges, skins, and whatnot should give some kinda indication of the direction June's Season 2 Battle Pass is heading.

Looks like a good time to jump back in.
  • Grinding to unlock characters is what annoyed me, especially with how few characters there were to begin with.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!