Apex Legends - Battle Royale by Respawn (OP updated with players)
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I do like the fact you can escape, but yeh I can be frustrating. I think I'd still rather it be as is.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
  • MuseChick
    Show networks
    Twitter
    MuseChick
    Xbox
    MuseChick
    PSN
    MuseChick
    Steam
    musechick

Send message
    Speedhaak wrote:
    TTK seems extremely high in this when you meet someone kitted out in yellow armor. At one stage last night I must have emptied an entire clip into a guy (standard blue BR though - so I have no idea how damage mitigation is working in relation to the rarity levels of items) only to see him run off.

Thiiiiiiis. I can't tell who's going to be a bullet sponge and who's going to go down quickly just by looking at them. In Blackout you can see who has what level of armour and adjust/pick your fights accordingly. Unless I'm massively missing something I just can't work it out. Some people seem to be able to withstand two of us shooting them while I go down in one shot from someone else D:
  • Vastik
    Show networks
    Twitter
    curiousmachine
    PSN
    Curious__Machine
    Steam
    CuriousMachine
    Wii
    Jammy

Send message
    Ha, yeah good idea to go back to the target range.

I think my biggest issue playing last night was knowing the weapons and what they were best for. 
    And unloading a clip into an enemy's body rather than their head...
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    MuseChick wrote:
    Speedhaak wrote:
    TTK seems extremely high in this when you meet someone kitted out in yellow armor. At one stage last night I must have emptied an entire clip into a guy (standard blue BR though - so I have no idea how damage mitigation is working in relation to the rarity levels of items) only to see him run off.
    Thiiiiiiis. I can't tell who's going to be a bullet sponge and who's going to go down quickly just by looking at them. In Blackout you can see who has what level of armour and adjust/pick your fights accordingly. Unless I'm massively missing something I just can't work it out. Some people seem to be able to withstand two of us shooting them while I go down in one shot from someone else D:

When you spawn into the map there is a high level loot zone (blue circle) that has top tier gear. I reckon if you come up against a squad decked out in purples you're going to really struggle. At least that's the impression I got. You'll probably need to team shoot targets. It's all a learning curve but it is an enjoyable game so far.
  • Had a blast on this last night. Saw my mate ScantAki frag out and become the kill leader, then saw his name on those HUGE banners - oh my god that's so cool I want that.

Next game I got a couple of kills in a scrappy drop-zone shootout. Pushing into the next area we start stalking a team from high ground, see their medic call in a care package and I drop a mortar bombardment on 'em before mopping up. Heard that "You are the new kill leader" voiceline. Woop! Didn't have time to look for a banner as another team that must've watched the whole thing play out pounced and fucked us hard.

Great stuff.
  • And yeah that body armour/TTK issue is my only real gripe so far.
  • The gold loot only appears at sector 4 but by that point their's only 2-5 players left.
    The smg's with extended mags and shotguns are seriously OP for one on one combat.
    I ended up dropping on the edge of the map and took my time walking in letting everyone else butcher each other as your pretty much guaranteed a 2nd or 3rd place finish.

Anyone know what button is the grapple?
  • Grapple is L1 on PS4 for Pathfinder only, it's his standard ability.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Zipline is a great ultimate for escaping the circle actually. And I've found Wraith's Ultimate great for the last circle and creating bamboozlement scenarios for enemies :P
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Had a blast on this last night. Saw my mate ScantAki frag out and become the kill leader, then saw his name on those HUGE banners - oh my god that's so cool I want that.

Next game I got a couple of kills in a scrappy drop-zone shootout. Pushing into the next area we start stalking a team from high ground, see their medic call in a care package and I drop a mortar bombardment on 'em before mopping up. Heard that "You are the new kill leader" voiceline. Woop! Didn't have time to look for a banner as another team that must've watched the whole thing play out pounced and fucked us hard.

Great stuff.

That rush must be something else. Needless to say, I've never bothered the banners.

The training area is such an obvious idea I'm amazed that it's not a thing in every BR. Deffo going to try out the snipers and get a feel for the bullet drop. Also the range of the shotguns is worth experimenting with, my Gibraltar did have strong feelings for his Peacekeeper when he's inside the bubble shield. I'm sure people will stop wandering into them before long though.
  • MuseChick
    Show networks
    Twitter
    MuseChick
    Xbox
    MuseChick
    PSN
    MuseChick
    Steam
    musechick

Send message
    Good idea with practising for the sniper bullet drop, it is intense.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I did pick up a sniper during the tutorial, but I'm not sure the targets are far enough away for drop to take effect as I was hitting them no bother with iron sights, I didn't find a scope.

Anyway, I'm going to be on tonight from 8 but tomorrow is going to be dangerous as Danielle is off on a hen do and Nate is sleeping out so I'm going to cane the arse off it from 5 onwards.
  • @Bob I'm about all day but I might be on other stuff so just send me a message or join my chat
  • Davie you legend half an hour work for you?
    The Forum Herald™
  • Bob wrote:
    Davie you legend half an hour work for you?

Yeh no problems pal.
  • Live in five
    The Forum Herald™
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Hang on, are all the guns available in the training area to piss about with?
  • I think I’m in your party davie
    The Forum Herald™
  • Coming down with a bastard cold but still gonna make time to get a good shift in here later on. Reckon I'll be around from 4 or 5 if anyone wants to squad up.
    PSN ID - s-revill
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    FranticPea wrote:
    Hang on, are all the guns available in the training area to piss about with?

Think so dude. Apart from their exotic and legendary variants. Or I could be wrong there. Actually, DPS checks could be a good idea. Wonder if there are certain target dummies with armor variants?
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Dunno, but I need to have a play. A few guns I had last night did not gel with me so need to work out what to not bother with.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    .... when I actually had something other than a fucking pistol :(
  • MuseChick
    Show networks
    Twitter
    MuseChick
    Xbox
    MuseChick
    PSN
    MuseChick
    Steam
    musechick

Send message
    Would it really be a crazy idea to let us all start with a crappy pistol? ):
  • Only managed the tutorial last night but managed to see vids of the doc, shroud, and chocotaco tearing it up separately. Looks brilliant but there's a lot to learn with colours & guns & loot etc.

Props to Respawn to just dropping this though. Love that confidence.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I do like the starting with nothing.

Unless I find nothing.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    A few times last night I was caught with my pants around my ankles and gunned down without remorse. That's an issue in all BR's though, sometimes the RNG renders you gunless no matter where you go.
  • MuseChick wrote:
    Would it really be a crazy idea to let us all start with a crappy pistol? ):

The lack of a starting gun does bother me. You are at the mercy of where you land and yes, that's part of fortnite, I'm not sure I see it as a necessity for the format. I would argue that a defense weapon like a stun gun which is only usable until you get a weapon should be available and all it does is stun someone so they cant shoot. You cant kill anyone but you aren't completely useless.
    SFV - reddave360
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Doesn't bother me in this so much as revives are present. Unless you get revived and still don't find a gun.

Gnnnnnnn
  • I found a blue Krabel on the tall building with the red balloon.
    It did 65 damage on a headshot at 189 metres. I remember this sniper rifle being a one shot kill on Titanfall 2.
    Either Respawn have nerfed it or the receiving player had a legendary helmet on. His teammate came out and was looking for who was shooting and I hit his armoured chest for 17 damage at 200 metres.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!