Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Humans Fall Flat is a great puzzle game that you can play split screen co-op.

Disney Adventure (I think that's what it's called) is fine too, also co-op if you want. It's no fun for a grown up but there are plenty of relatively easy, no fail mini games for them to play.

The are both free on xbox game pass too.

Ori and the blind forest is fantastic, but probably too difficult for a 4 year old.

The peggle games are all good for kids too.

• Are there assists on mk7?
  • Yes, steering (kicks in when you're off course) and auto accelerate.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Yeh another shout for Humans Fall Flat. Me and Elliot had an absolute blast playing that. Such fun.

Octodad is similarly hilarious. Brilliant game.
  • MK is the best game to play with your kids if you're absolutely hammered. Just try and remember to turn off auto-assist for them.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Yes, steering (kicks in when you're off course) and auto accelerate.

My 4 yr old may stand a chance against his brother.
  • Didn't know Mario kart had an auto assist mode either. That would right annoy the eldest!
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • They've been sticking assisted play schemes in quite a few of their games. 3D Land had an item drop for poor performance iirc, as did one of the Galaxies(?). Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze introduces a character with extra health who can't be hurt by hazardous ground. NSMBU Deluxe has two extra characters, one of whom can't be touched by enemies or projectiles. The difficulty doesn't seem to scale down for two players in Pokémon Let's Go, so co-op is an assist mode of sorts anyway, and Capt Toad becomes similarly breezy with two (the player in control of the cursor can even dispatch enemies with projectiles to protect the other player). Tennis added a boost mode in a patch, I think. Kirby on Switch is ready to roll for kids anyway.
  • Forza Horizon 4. Get em started young, Eric old son.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • dark souls, teach them the lesson early, life is harsh and frustrating. Everytime you fail you, you learn something new
  • I don't have children. If I had children, the rule would be 'no videogames at all, if you want these things you'll have to obtain access and play them when I'm not looking or out the house or whatever'. I need my children to master deception and stealth.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Just max out those stats at character creation then.
  • Everyone ignores the don't-shit-yourself ability, which is highly underrated imo.
  • Sacrifice intelligence if you must.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Elliot only plays games on a weekend. The rest of the time he masters the only vital life skill. Lego.
  • Tilly reckons she completed Spy Chameleon in a cardboard box but I'm not convinced.
  • Webbins wrote:
    Forza Horizon 4. Get em started young, Eric old son.

The irony is that this is a great game for kids. Picking a car and ragging it through the British countryside smashing through walls with no braking is proper child friendly, big trees and racing less so mind you
  • Half a page of text lost because my colleague used my computer to book a holiday that she now wants to cancel.
  • My children 6 and 11 play plants vs zombies 1 & 2 on PS3 and the One
    It's like call of duty for kids
  • My children 6 and 11 play plants vs zombies 1 & 2 on PS3 and the One
    It's like call of duty for kids
  • Can you play that offline?
  • I think you can with the second game.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Wut?? Used your computer?? You have a weird office
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Aye, the Plants vs Zombies games are great for kids.
    Nintendo IP are always a safe bet as are classic 16 bit nintendo/sega games, og or emulated. My girl's little nieces and nephews love playing mario, sonic and kirby on the android phone.
    They also have a weird fascination with anything Lego and mincraft. The newest trends seem to be pubg and fortnite although the idea of 6 and 7 year olds enjoying shooting eachother in the face is kindof unsettling.
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • My 5yo was finding Captain Toad difficult cod of the perspective and having to use camera etc. 

Switched to Rayman and we are both absolutely loving it. Played Origins but this is my first time on Legends.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • We had a go with MK 8 on the Switch with all assists on for our 4 year old today and it's really well implemented. He couldn't place as high as his brother but it meant that he was competitive. The eldest was flabbergasted. Thanks for the recommendation guys

I've got Rayman Legends on the WiiU, I didn't actually know that was multiplayer.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Rayman Origins and Legends are superb games - filled with content and their presentational polish matches the Mario games.  I've played Origins on Wii and Legends on 360 (which looks particularly gorgeous)

They both support up to 4 players....5 on Wii U perhaps? The port to 360 has incorporated the gamepad function into the control scheme.

A 2nd player can help in Mario Galaxy by firing gems at enemies using the remote aiming mechanism.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • I thought Unravel 2 was good for co-op with a mini badger, partly because it'd be a quality experience in its own right with two players of similar skill levels, but mainly because of how easy it is to seamlessly lend a hand if the other player is struggling. You can assist to varying degrees, whether by pulling the second player toward you manually, or timing the release of their swing yourself (don't quote me on this), but also by combining the two characters to navigate trickier sections for them (by hugging them, which is quite nice as she'd request to be hugged, see?). It genuinely allowed a not-quite-4 yr old to solve a couple of puzzles herself and feel like she'd executed the plan (which she did on occasion anyway, but didn't always notice when she hadn't).
  • Can't wait to show the Nintendo Direct to my daughter. I think Box Boy will be the one that sends her hype, but Toad co-op, more Toad and a Yoshi demo should do the trick too.
  • The casual mode in Yoshi gives him wings and allows him to float through a stage.  It's sufficiently child friendly, my 4yr old just completed all the main tasks in the demo solo and it's definitely the most she's enjoyed anything since Odyssey.  Roll on March 29th.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!