Best headset for both PS4 and XBox One?
  • Are there any headsets that are native Bluetooth and that don’t use the dongle solution? I’ve had instances with my Golds dropping signal.
    PSN: LtPidgeon - Live: Lt Pidgeon
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    digi wrote:
    LtPidgeon wrote:
    digi wrote:
    Playstation platinums.

I’ll take a look, cheers. Do they need a dongle like the Golds?

Yeh they come with one.
    Or you can just use the wire supplied with them, Wich is also how you use them on Bone/pc.

The dongle works in PC fwiw
  • I notice that there is this little add on for XBox controllers for anyone that has, or is think about getting, a PS4 A40 headset.

https://www.astrogaming.co.uk/shop/mixamps/M80.html

There is also a cheaper M60 model for £35. I think I’m going down this route.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    I bought the Steelseries Arctis 7s the other day and they're great for PC and PS4.  I can't comment on Xbox as I don't have one anymore.
    It's a goddamn snoozefest out there.
  • Subbax wrote:
    I bought the Steelseries Arctis 7s the other day and they're great for PC and PS4.  I can't comment on Xbox as I don't have one anymore.

Is it true that they don’t do surround? I think they look great and was disappointed when I read that. Some of these headsets look like they have fallen off a Transformer.
  • They all do surround don’t they? As long as the signal is sent from the console in surround.

I thought any stereo headphones worked
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Kernowgaz wrote:
    They all do surround don’t they? As long as the signal is sent from the console in surround. I thought any stereo headphones worked

I don’t think so. I the the XBox does surround through its internal processor and this works on stereo headphones, but I think the Astro A40s and Turtle Beach Pro need a processor like the Mix Amp or TAC unit.

I might be wrong as I’m relatively new to this.
  • For anyone after a budget set I got these Nubwo ones which were a bargain for £22. Super comfy, the sound is decent as are the comms, not Bluetooth and you wouldn't go out wearing them.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07JKYM3N4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    There's definitely mentions of surround in the steelseries software I have installed.

Uses DTS if I'm not mistaken.
    It's a goddamn snoozefest out there.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    LtPidgeon wrote:
    Kernowgaz wrote:
    They all do surround don’t they? As long as the signal is sent from the console in surround. I thought any stereo headphones worked

I don’t think so. I the the XBox does surround through its internal processor and this works on stereo headphones, but I think the Astro A40s and Turtle Beach Pro need a processor like the Mix Amp or TAC unit.

I might be wrong as I’m relatively new to this.

The external unit does the surround sound processing, but the Bone has a chip for this so can do surround through any stereo headphones. I don’t think any other consoles have this, but could be wrong.

I believe the Steel Series software is for surround processing on PC only.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Can confirm Eric’s budget headset was crystal clear last night. Top find.
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    The external unit does the surround sound processing, but the Bone has a chip for this so can do surround through any stereo headphones. I don’t think any other consoles have this, but could be wrong. I believe the Steel Series software is for surround processing on PC only.

That was my understanding. I also just read on a Reddit thread about SteelSeries, that the PS4 can only pass stereo over usb to all headsets other than the Sony Golds and Platinums, which is why a lot of sets use the optical output to an additional processor like the MixAmp.

Another point that was concerning me was the length of the cable to the processor, and the length of the cable on the headset itself. I sit on my couch to play where some sit at a desk and I didn’t want to have to get up to change the volume.
  • For anyone that has an optical surround headset on Xbox One, what difference does it make over just having it connected into the jack on the controller? I paid for the Atmos upgrade and tested it with the controller port, which did work but I'm not sure how much better it would be through a separate Mix Amp? I'm considering picking up a Mix Amp for my One X if it will improve it. The M60 and M80's don't seem to get great reviews and just seem to drain the controller battery.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!