Capcom Home Arcade - 25th Oct 2019, £199
‹ Previous123
  • Can't say I saw this coming:

Capcom Home Arcade is a uniquely designed plug and play home arcade machine. Emblazoned with Capcom's iconic duo tone logo, the Capcom Home Arcade delivers a classic single and multi-player arcade gaming experience. Featuring 16 of the best Capcom titles from the golden age of arcade gaming, the two full-size premium sticks and buttons enable these games to be played the way that they were meant to be played.

Launch Trailer: 

AUTHENTIC GAMING
    Featuring a pair of competition class Sanwa sticks and buttons for the finest precision, response times and durability.
    The 16 Games pre-installed are the original Capcom arcade ROMs with emulation exclusively provided by FBAlpha, delivering an authentic and accurate arcade experience.

PLAY, COMPETE, COOPERATE
    Break some high scores in single player, team up with a friend in co-op multi player or destroy them in a head to head battle. Then upload your best scores via the Capcom Home Arcades on-board WiFi to a Worldwide High Score Leader board to see how you match up against other across the globe.

PRE-INSTALLED GAMES
    1944: The Loop Master
    Alien™ vs Predator™
    Armored Warriors™
    Capcom Sports Club™
    Captain Commando™
    Cyberbots™: Fullmetal Madness
    Darkstalkers™: The Night Warriors
    Eco Fighters™
    Final Fight™
    Ghouls ‘n Ghosts™
    Giga Wing™
    Street Fighter™ II: Hyper Fighting
    Mega Man: The Power Battle™
    Progear™
    Strider™
    Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo™

The Capcom Home Arcade will be available from all major gaming retailers from 25  October 2019 in Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Middle East and Russia.
  • Ridiculous and completely unnecessary but I love it and want it.

Absolutely my feelings.

Alien vs predator is a genuine surprise.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Is there something I'm not getting here or is this literally a giant Capcom logo that you have to plug into the TV with built in sticks?
  • Looks brill and I wish actual proper consoles took such a route in their visual design.

Have I read somewhere £200 though?

Also Powerstone would make this a further 100% better.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    That’s quite a thing.

If I could use it as a pair of arcade sticks for my Bone I could possibly be tempted (although I’m not quite sure how usable it would be by one person on a couch).

RedDave2 wrote:
    Alien vs predator is a genuine surprise.

Fingers crossed this means they’ve sorted out licensing issues and can sell it on other platforms (DLC in the Capcom beat ‘em up bundle, mayber?)
  • Love it. Cant believe a big company is making something that looks like that.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Have I read somewhere £200 though?

That’s about the going rate for the hardware alone.
  • Capcom have massive balls, confirmed.
  • That is ugly as fuuuuuuuuck. I thought it was gonna mimic the original sf2 finish.
  • Here's a preorder link for Amazon: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07QS4Q3SQ

It is indeed £200.
  • No Power Stone and a good few of the games already owned means I'm out. But I wouldn't say no.
  • The wonder is: at launch will it become a 400 or 100?!
  • Powerstone would have made it a mayber but I’ve come to realise I don’t really like old games so it’s a nah from me.
  • Ayo its 2 sets of sanwa parts in one difficult to use case, and a raspberry pi or some shit for £200.

I would buy this if it came with the appropriate amount of games, example: "All of Capcoms old arcade titles"

Capcom pls. The audacity to put AvP on this. You know exactly what you're doing you scumbags.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Roujin wrote:
    Ayo its 2 sets of sanwa parts in one difficult to use case, and a raspberry pi or some shit for £200. I would buy this if it came with the appropriate amount of games, example: "All of Capcoms old arcade titles" Capcom pls. The audacity to put AvP on this. You know exactly what you're doing you scumbags.

Yeah, that AvP is a mighty big draw. Not 200 quid but still, it made me look. I'd like a streamlined single player stick version and yes, far too many missing games for that price. If its connected to the web I'm going to guess that they have some form of eshop in mind.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Nice idea but a ripoff with so few games. How about 50 games Capcom?
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Me and elm just watched this. He told me he can do me a two player sanwa board for £60

X2
    I like to think I'm a CAN DO kind of guy...
    And the number of cans I can normally do is 12.
  • £200!!!!
    I would expect a far better library of games for that price.
  • too few games imo. I've got capcom classics collection..
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • To me it looks like there’s a good range of unusual games. That robots one looks fun.
  • the price seems reasonable considering single sticks are around £150, i guess it probably won't work as a standalone. all the games are cps1/2 and there were maybe about 20 games made for this hardware which would explain the small number.

i know later hardware like Naomi hasn't been emulated yet so no rival schools EX etc. 

hopefully there's a USB plug and some storage somewhere.

it's all a bit bandwagonny, people have been making these with Pi's for years now, admittedly much more expensively.
  • holy shit just realised no Slam Masters. this is unacceptable

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CP_System_II#List_of_games
  • There is a USB port on the back, separate to the power micro USB.

Im sure they must know people buy these things to hack them when designing them.

It also has WIFI which may be able to be utilised in some clever way, beyond the intended high score boards.
  • Roujin wrote:

I would buy this if it came with the appropriate amount of games, example: "All of Capcoms old arcade titles"

This.

Although if it's easily hackable then it becomes pretty enticing as mame stuff/arcade ROMs can be a bit of a fiddle on the Pi for for people with limited haxxor skills like myself. I would definitely at least consider this if you could dump extra Capcom ROMs on.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Not interested.
  • I might start a betting thread on how many of these reg will buy
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • I’d be more interested if it was cheaper, you could dump roms on it and it wasn’t so bloody ugly. But then something like that probably already exists and I haven’t bought that.
  • Maybe a giant Capcom is really what you’ve secretly wanted.
‹ Previous123

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!