Hades
  • I just can't put this down. Now on a six-win streak and haven't achieved anything that I was meant to today. Need to lock my Switch in a drawer or something.
  • I have no cracked 10 minutes.

If i'd recorded this and submitted it officially, I would be 20th in the world, ha!

Ej5TTZ8XkAYIbuH?format=png&name=900x900
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    big dick energy
  • And not even with zero heat!

Do you think that would make it even faster?
  • Nah, some of the heat stuff is useful - Extreme Measures 2 makes Lerean Hydra faster, and the one that increases enemy attacks gets them too come to you faster, also helps proc deflect more and so on.
  • I had a feeling it would be something like that. Still ten mins sounds ridiculous. I think that is basically most of my Theseus fights.
  • Amazing! I want to see you doing a Hades run on the next GDQ
  • I am a slow poke. I ran out of time in my run :P
    Teach me your ways Tempu
  • Unless you’ve fully upgraded the mirror and invested a decent amount of Titan’s Blood in weapon aspects, you’re not going to be getting very quick runs.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Tell me how to beat the da
  • Take your time and run as fuck from the moment he looks like he’s charging his swirl attack.
  • Batter him up the head.

But really: ensure you have big damage, easiest way is via Privileged Status in the mirror and two boons that seal
    a curse like Hangover, Doom, Chill etc. A call that makes you impervious is nice too, like Zeus, cos it lets you rank his spins.

Focus on dodging his spins - they’re telegraphed quite heavily so just learn to either delay and dodge, through or sway, away choice. aid he’s not hit me with a skull and I have the Athena dash I tend to be more confident on dodging through.

The skulls that get chucked out do a shockwave after 5 ticks so they’re a priority as well, unless you like dodging five of them at once.

Later on he had an unblockable attack, so just hide behind the scenery to make it easy, and if he spawns green pots keep your distance and take them out with casts etc
  • I was struggling with final fights until I re-mapped dash button to left shoulder on the Switch, since then am on an 8-clear streak.
  • Tempy wrote:
    Unless you’ve fully upgraded the mirror and invested a decent amount of Titan’s Blood in weapon aspects, you’re not going to be getting very quick runs.

Need more of them titan bloods! Will try other heat options then.
  • Don't pump heat higher than you need to, it doesn't give you extra rewards. You have to do one level at a time.
  • Yeah that's what I been doin. Just will avoid the time one for now.
  • Got my second clear this morning and my first with some heat. I ended up with a build that sprayed lightning everywhere when my casts were lying around in the world thanks to a duo boon from artemis and zeus.

I won by just spraying out my casts then running away from everything while the lightning did its thing.
  • My last few runs have seen me consistently dying to S&O and it's starting to piss me off. I really don't like that Theseus fight at all. He blocks everything and gets obscured by the pillars and scenery. All the noise and visual flourishes get in the way so much in this game, at points I can't discern a thing that's going on and it gets me killed. Even docked switch on TV it's just a jumble of colours when things heat up.

It's only getting worse 30 hours in and the upgrades are getting more flamboyant. Not a massive fan of the blade rift cyclones that seem to come with every single build at some point, nor am I keen on the yellow highlights round the enemies like Diablo 3.

I do like this game, but I don't love it. It's so strange as I'll probably still play it for the foreseeable...
  • You don't have to take Blade Rifts, they're the weakest part of Ares' Boon set.

You get used to the busyness though.
  • Hmm. I haven't got used to it yet. Don't think i will either.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    What does it run on Switch, if it's not 60fps I can see how things would get muddled. I have it running at 144 fps on PC at 1440p and don't usually find any issue with pinpointing what's going on.

My only gripe is I wish there was more of a different kid of visual/audio feedback to getting hit as sometimes I look at my health and I'm like "where the fuck did that all go?"
  • Hmm. I haven't got used to it yet. Don't think i will either.

I used to find the Theseus and Asterius fight overwhelming and hard to parse, as well as the last boss, and various other parts of the game too. Now I can finish it in under 10 minutes with certain builds and have sub 20 minute clears with every weapon. It’s just like any other game really, you learn to read it better. There’s a chance it’ll never click, sure.
  • Yeah. You do get incrementally now powerful though. I'm on 75 escape attempts now and no clear but I have been fucking about with the mirror and respeccing nearly every run. I'm still not sure what I like best and what to dump darkness into apart from the obvious ones.
  • I’m 5-10hrs in and around 20 attempts or so I think. Furthest I got was some mini boss or something in area 3. That’s it. 

I’m shit at this. Immensely.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    I’m 5-10hrs in and around 20 attempts or so I think. Furthest I got was some mini boss or something in area 3. That’s it.  I’m shit at this. Immensely.

I haven't even got to area 3.  (Picked it up on Sunday night, and played about 4-5 hours I think)  Got to the Bone Hydra last run.  

I do at least have all the weapons, but appear to be much better with the bow than anything else.  (Trying to pick up the glowy one each time for some variety...)
  • Seems to be the way to go. It's weird as I made it to Elysium and Theseus on my third ever attempt.
  • It’s kind of a secret (at least poorly communicated) but there are alternative mirror advantages. Some of them (maybe nearly all of them) are better on the green variant.

The game has this brutal difficulty when you haven’t upgraded the right things in the right way. I think the game would be immeasurably boring (but doable) if you didn’t have boons and I think this tells us something about the design in that it’s asking you to work the puzzle before it’s asking you to be good at action games. If you don’t upgrade your weapons, mirror, boons I think the game becomes a tedious slog which implies that the game isn’t about action really. You can do some parts in the last world with your eyes closed 30-40 percent of the time.
  • Almost all of fhe green variants of the Mirror advantages are not good for most players. Family favourite is maybe ok in the mid game but has worse damage output than Priviliged Status most of the time. The only mirror buffs I have on green permanently, are the last 3. The rest are for the most part niche variants for certain builds than the more generally applicable purple originals.

This is my mirror setup - usually I swap
    Family Favourite for Priviliged Status but I was mucking about with some odd-brand builds, still not convinced it’s worth the swap.

image0.jpg
  • I prefer the infinite resurrection over the limited one. I think it’s better until the final boss. Having said that it is worse if you’re good at the game!

I like the power that gives you health per darkness because it motivates to get darkness (especially if it’s couples with the power that gives health up per darkness). Given darkness is usually paired with either keys (useless) or ornament gems (useless) using the random changer it’s good to get a bonus with that imo.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!