Show networks
    Xbox
    Silke Neryn
    PSN
    Silke_Neryn
    Steam
    Silke Neryn

Send message
    Just took my first dive, and yes, it's real good so far. Much more my thing than Dead Cells ever was (no platformer; some enjoyable prose and narrative).
    It's a world of truck drivers.
  • Fucks sake temps. Already beaten it.

My old man hands can't do it.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    Hope this gets a release on the Switch
    They have hinted at it coming out on switch at some point
    Which weapon are you rocking tempy & face?  I am favouring the gun so far but need to experiment more
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • I've been mixing it up.

Shield my fav, but they're all so viable with the right buffs.
  • This is quite fun. Somehow it, for now, avoids the rogue knight bullshit of triviality as a result of grinding but it’ll be interesting to see if that lasts.
  • I like the shield but I won with the sword
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    when is it on swotch
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Hmm. I’m not really sure this is gonna have legs for me. It takes too long to beat some stages and it feels more attritional at times than satisfying on a game in which your progress can be chucked in a bin.

I think it’d be cooler if the increase of the difficulty of the baddies was more than just super elongation health bars for one.

I got past the first boss and a few levels after with double arrows and level 3 Sick power. I don’t know if I am good or OP lucky. But it takes too long to beat one baddie to fancy trying that treadmill again.
  • I beat all three current stages in the game in a run in 24 minutes, that's pretty swift I feel? I haven't found enemies sticking around too long, really, if they have armour then they can be a bit tougher but there are plenty of anti-armour upgrades. I've started to work out the complementary synergies for for certain weapons and gods so it's clicked. Smashing folk against walls clears theme easy, which is why Poseidon is so good, lots of bully potential.
  • The early rooms are pretty quick regardless.

And that attritional feeling is the counter to how strong a lot fo options and synergies are.

IMO etc. I just enjoy smashing dudes and zipping around regardless.
  • Tempy wrote:
    I beat all three current stages in the game in a run in 24 minutes, that's pretty swift I feel? I haven't found enemies sticking around too long, really, if they have armour then they can be a bit tougher but there are plenty of anti-armour upgrades. I've started to work out the complementary synergies for for certain weapons and gods so it's clicked. Smashing folk against walls clears theme easy, which is why Poseidon is so good, lots of bully potential.
    Ah it’s pretty good to know there’s only three levels.

I was playing this roguelite FPS called redneck pyramid or something. In that every room you enter has a bar which tells you approx how many baddies there are. It’s think something like that would be cool - I see a new set of circles after a longish fight as heart sinking sometimes.
  • Currently. Not sure how many they're aiming for in total.
  • Have made it to what I think is final boss.

Wow it does great job throwing curve balls through repeat plays.
    Spoiler:
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    This is fucking fantastic.

Rouj you need this.
  • Yep.

Fundamentally, what I like is that all the numberwang has drastic gameplay effects.

It does mean you get the bullet sponge feel early, but as you dig deeper, when you unlock something that does, say, 400% damage to sheilds, you're like wooohoooooooo.
  • Facewon wrote:
    Have made it to what I think is final boss.

Wow it does great job throwing curve balls through repeat plays.
    Spoiler:

Hmm.

Re the change ups.
    Spoiler:

I think there’s a little too much that can be done through running around like a headless chicken and too much reliance on broad numbers (both the volume of baddies and stuff on screen) to cancel that.

Also it’s annoying that some stuff feels straight up useless at the moment but you have to still go through everything but with worse crap for longer.

I do find the general fighting to be fairly moreish though. They have good feel for the most part.
  • Spoiler:
  • I beat the early access mode!

My winning build used the rail gun with level 2/3 Aphrodite special and level 2/3 water guy normal attack. Bolstered by the attack that gives you big shots.

Also shitloads of death defiance.

• Also shitloads of death defiance.

That'll be me. Have had some great runs, but only seen final boss once.

There's always something that let's me down.
  • Ffs. So close on final boss.

2 hits away.

Monster all zues build, pretty much. Lightning everywhere.
  • Hades has dropped a new update. 

The High Speed Update. Woot.
  • Fuck. Have an issue with my controller randomly disconnecting. Half way through final boss. 200 HP, untouched. Controller disconnects. 150 gone. ffs.
  • Screwed the pooch on a great bow run. Had crits and all manner of ranged tricks going on.

Had nearly full health, 5 death defiance with half the job done in the last battle and just got slammed from then on.

No controller excuse this time.

Damn.
  • This game is so great.

There's sooooo many awesome combinations.

They play differently and they're so fun.

Had a bgreat gun/shotty run next.

Still not quite over the hump though. Copped a new mini boss in final area that fucked me good.
  • And that's my first completion.

30 minutes.

Big bow run. Lightning and doom with big bonuses for hitting dudes with 2 different status effects.

Was doing so much aoe stuff that final boss went down in quick 1 2 succession.
  • How is the latest update?
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • Good. Interesting new enemies. Hermes adds some interesting buffs.
  • Gonna be a month til I can play this again :<
  • Well, new area in 53 days so you'll have something to look forward to.
  • @tempy go on then.

As my epic launcher issues seemed to fix themselves, I've been back on this.

Out of practice so I haven't managed to see new area yet.

New mechanic allowing you to ditch previously picked up upgrades has been added. Haven't used it yet to see how it works exactly.

Game is still mint.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!