Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    A thread to thank those random acts of kindness that this forum does so well.

These are never done for public acclaim, but I reckon often deserve it.

Eg gifts, or off-forum help and advice, or beds to crash in etc

Eg recently from me: big-time props to a certain DS for a totally unexpected game purchase off my steamy wishlist, and to Stop for sending me a while goddam watch. And to Cosby for finally getting a round in at the last London meetup. That kinda thing. I'm sure others can do better (and maybe inspire me to do more!)
  • The ludicrous gesture of chipping in to get me a PS4 so I could join in the Street Fighter 5 matches was something I'll never forget.

It's a shame that game just didn't hold. :(
  • Birthday present from Bad Hair Day today:
    2upqw02.jpg

Plus the best birthday card:
    5oxbat.jpg
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    The ludicrous gesture of chipping in to get me a PS4 so I could join in the Street Fighter 5 matches was something I'll never forget.

It's a shame that game just didn't hold. :(

Ditto the Bone. Genuinely one of the most astounding and touching things that has ever been done for me.
  • The lads chipping in to get me forza horizon 4 when I was at my lowest ebb last year.

Also hair, for sending a voucher for games pass, then for the full sea of theives game.

He's a deviant, but a kind deviant.
  • Anyone sending me anything when I live all the way here in Cyprus is pretty amazing. It's probably always a pain in the arse and the postage can be costly and yet it never seems to stop anyone.

Frantic's extra gesture of some PSN credit when my Santa gift didn't arrive on time was extremely generous.

Moot sending me a home-made clay Dynamite Headdy was a lovely thought.

Elf lending me various games has been awesome.

Lots of little bits of advice and help over the years from various badgers as well.

Tempy wins though, obviously - he sent me a Switch.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Da boys for the Xbox One cos yous are all mad lads

Meat Nick for an Amazon voucher on my birthday

Multiple free games throughout the years from many of you

Tempy for being luxurious
  • Legit couldn’t write all the instances of charity, public and private, that have been aimed at me over the years, so it’s best just to say thanks - you know who you all are.
  • Unlikely sent me a burned DVD of the entire first season of Heroes, without me even really asking for it, in the early days of my membership of Maroonrum.

He's had a place in my heart ever since. Over the years, many have pegged him as a cunt on the various iterations of the forums. In reality, that's only half true. He's actually a totally sound cunt.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Anyone who has put up with me at a stock.
  • Gremill wrote:
    Unlikely sent me a burned DVD of the entire first season of Heroes, without me even really asking for it, in the early days of my membership of Maroonrum.

He's had a place in my heart ever since. Over the years, many have pegged him as a cunt on the various iterations of the forums. In reality, that's only half true. He's actually a totally sound cunt.

Unlikely is a legend
    I like to think I'm a CAN DO kind of guy...
    And the number of cans I can normally do is 12.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Fullspec Nick did an awesome thing with Mordor Mashup.
    Eternal thanks for that, for true. <3
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • Fullspec Nick did an awesome thing with Mordor Mashup. Eternal thanks for that, for true. <3
    This, forever. 

Also putting me up (including the first time we'd met) and dropping all the food, drinks, smokes, laughs, and soundtracks.
  • Man.

I'd kill for another all day session on SF4 with all you chaps.
  • DS for being my movies-in-the-post guy whenever I've asked over the years.  Some super choices too.  

Anyone who's practically robbed themselves by selling me things I've requested in the buying/selling thread at either cheap or stupidly cheap prices.  Kazou for his DS Lite and TV/DVD combo (both still going strong), Webbins for my nephew's OG Bone, and very recently Djornson for his mammoth HDTV that's kickstarted a proper games room renaissance for me (pics incoming when my sofabed arrives Thurs).  

Frantic for just buying and sending me Titanfall 2 from Asda when I asked if someone would grab me a copy they had in a sale before they sold out.  

The worst thing about this is that I'm forgetting people, and events from previous forums.  I should go through PMs really.  Anyone who's given me things in the FTAGH thread that they could have sold (Forza Horizon 4 download code?  FACKIN ELL).  Anyone who's ever had me as their secret santee.  Anyone who's ever lent me anything.
  • Fullspec Nick did an awesome thing with Mordor Mashup. Eternal thanks for that, for true. <3
    This, forever. 

Also putting me up (including the first time we'd met) and dropping all the food, drinks, smokes, laughs, and soundtracks.

Yup. That was a pretty great era, mordor 4eva.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Nick keeps inviting me.down to his for a London weekend, should take the man up on it

He's forever a don.
  • Some absolute legend bought me the new trials game. Legend.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • also a big shout out to Davie who always sticks up for me x
    I like to think I'm a CAN DO kind of guy...
    And the number of cans I can normally do is 12.
  • Gonz has lent an ear to me at various times for irl stuff. He's a cunt*, but I appreciate his willingness to listen to a moan via pm when needed.

*He's a big softie
  • DS helped me get rid of a body once
  • Moot made me accept my love of country.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Tin, because of stuff.
  • I don’t like to ask for help, instead i try and shoulder everyone else’s under an ever increasing burden that will no doubt one day take its toll. In the meantime though I do love to read the generousity that goes on amongst you all.  Lovely stuff.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    All my brilliant secret Santa’s. They all knocked it out of the park.

All the badgers on my one, and currently only, stock, where I had a great time.
  • God there would be too much for me to put here,

Rev was an amazing dude early days of the first iteration of the new place here with I'll stuff.
    Helped me out no end and il always be thankful.

Gonz too with the more recent stuff like losing my dad and heart attack stuff, diabetes.

Yoss for all the help to stop smoking even though I made a mess of it all again.

And everyone that just puts up with me.
    I love you all.
    Xx
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii
    U: Birdorf, 3DS: 4382 3173 0928

Send message
    Aye, the kindness and generosity often on show here is quite a thing.
  • Birdorf wrote:
    Aye, the kindness and generosity often on show here is quite a thing.

Aye I could write a full thread of kindness and helpfulness by myself.

The best people.
  • Much love to badgers like Birdorf, gurttractor, Silke and subbax for frequently handing out free humble stuff. Also, big manhugz to anyone who has engaged with me in discussion keeping this place interesting.
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I've had a few free games sent my way by a few. You probably don't remember who you are because I don't either.
    But big thanks anyway..  :)

@Moot_Geeza for games
    @wonderbanana for calming messages when I had a post Asteroids Dx purchase panic attack

and many others who have done very good deals on stuff like BluRays, controllers and games.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • nick_md wrote:
    Moot made me accept my love of country.

Country made me accept my love of Nick.

Edit: He introduced me to Smokey on Your Front Door ffs
‹ Previous123

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!