My only friend, The End.
‹ Previous12
  • Following the end of Game of Thrones and the end of the current Marvel run it feels like endings are being discussed more than ever.

This is a thread to discuss the end of things, media things.

Movies, TV series, games.

There is an obvious issue of it being a spoiler fest so please use spoiler tags.

I suggest a format of...

Name of Show
    Spoiler:

Use some common sense as well. I'm sure not everything needs tags, Only Fools and Horses should be fine, Game of Thrones obviously not.
    Older shows like Lost are a grey area so maybe show caution.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    I haven't seen the end of OFaH
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Rodney stabs Del Boy.
  • Sopranos
    Spoiler:
  • Okay
    Everyone spoiler Only Fools and Horses.
  • Dexter has one of the worst endings I’ve seen so far.
  • Having watched it 3 Times, I like the ending of Battlestar Galactica. It definitely doesn't live up to the heady promises of the early days, but it's heartfelt and sometimes that's enough.
  • I've never watched the show but I do remember seeing a lot of discussion over the end of Battlestar, assuming you mean the modern series.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Kow wrote:
    Rodney stabs Del Boy.
    was this before or after he 
    Spoiler:
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
  • Tempy wrote:
    Having watched it 3 Times, I like the ending of Battlestar Galactica. It definitely doesn't live up to the heady promises of the early days, but it's heartfelt and sometimes that's enough.

What the fuck

Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • Every time I watch the series I just end up enjoying the relationship between Adama and Rosyln more and more, so the ending always sort of works out for me. I know it leaves a lot undone, but overall it does it for me. Saying goodbye to Galactica is great too. Ends up having more character over those few seasons than the Enterprise ever manages in any season of Star Trek.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    Sopranos
    Spoiler:

Yes, I loved it too. Some people moaned but you can't please everyone, especially fools.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    poprock wrote:
    Dexter has one of the worst endings I’ve seen so far.

It was really atrocious, a shitty bow on a series that declined rapidly from season 5 onwards.

Things can only get better.
  • I said it in the GoT thread:  The Shield has an excellent ending.
  • Mass Effect 3
    Spoiler:

Buffy
    Spoiler:

As a rule I think I’d prefer it if shows Kew the length of time they had and aimed for that.
    Dollhouse
    Spoiler:
  • Breaking Bad has the perfect ending.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Cheers ended well, without any attempt at emotional fanfare. "Sorry, we're closed". Still think that's one series that held its quality all the way to the end.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Cheers is on every weekday morning, it's excellent and aged very well. Makes it a challenge to leave the house.
  • It's the only American sitcom guaranteed to stop me channel hopping if I'm off work.
  • Crossroads had the best ending.

/thread

Thank you all and goodnight.
  • Crossroads had the best ending. /thread Thank you all and goodnight.

When Britney...
    Spoiler:
  • For the last couple of series, Still Game wasn't as strong, but I thought the ending was a really interesting and original alternative to
    Spoiler:

I also liked Frasier's ending
    Spoiler:

PSN : time_on_my_hands
  • The Sopranos ending was very good. But I didn’t really like it until I went away and read about it and found out what was going on. I think the main show runner was determined not to
    Spoiler:
    Star Trek TNG was a good finale.
    And one of the best shows of all time, Deadwood, finally gets its sendoff in a week or so.
  • Danish political drama Borgen is a favourite of mine. Another one that doesn’t stick around too long and wraps itself up nicely.
  • It was a uneven show, but I did like the ending to Dollhouse.

Babylon 5 also managed to go out well despite being messed around by WB.

Gilmore Girls was stellar once they got the Netflix treatment.

I suppose M*A*S*H* will always be the standard bearer.

• EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I thought Kingdom Hearts managed to wrap up the Dark Seeker Saga pretty well. I reckon the world will be united in it's hatred of the next storyline though as it already seems super-complicated even though it hasn't got going yet.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    I liked Buffy's ending, also The Office (UK), The Wonder Years and of course who can forget Saved By The Bell and Parker Lewis Can't Lose
  • Saved by the Bell had an ending? I thought those kids were all still in high school, to this day.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I like Angel's ending, and season 5 was, for my money the best that show got.
  • Shout out to St Elsewhere for the craziest end, although the show had gone off the boil long before the end and the end itself isn't that unique any more.

I think Mad Men has the best for me.
    Spoiler:
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Crossroads had the best ending. /thread Thank you all and goodnight.
    When Britney...
    Spoiler:

More...
    Spoiler:
‹ Previous12

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!