META QUEST - Stand Alone VR
  • It's an excellent choice though if you're trying to get away from real world responsibilities. VR IS WINNER.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Great OP Hair, I really really want one of these but know I’ll never be able to afford it.
    In the meantime I’ll just live vicariously through your Quest stories on FNF

Cheers fella!
    I found it easier to justify the extravagance as ARGOS offer a nine months interest free plan.
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    @Kow Index or Vive Pro Eye. 8k Pimax Business Ed might be worth a shout once they actually release it. There's also StarVR which trumps them all...
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Is StarVR still happening?
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
  • I thought it'd been scrapped for some reason.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Now ya know better
  • I'd probably be tempted but now I'm kind of getting sold on Index comfort rather than pure shinies.
  • Pipe and slippers man these days.
  • Skerret wrote:
    Now ya know better
    Did they find a buyer? Last I heard in nov/dec was that the Starbreeze problems meant they were putting it on hold:
    https://venturebeat.com/2018/11/29/acer-may-shutter-or-sell-starvr-after-location-based-vr-revenues-sink/
    https://www.starvr.com/news/40/
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    I want one for the lack of wires but apart from Moss and Beat Sabre there doesn’t seem to be too many reasons.  Any bangers in their to persuade?

Thumper!

I can see your point. Looking at screenshots or even video, the games don’t grab the attention. You’d never get me playing something so basic as Space Pirate Trainer on the Bone.  

But don this and you’re Han Solo fending off imperial bots atop a spaceport.

Z4Pgd1U.jpg

Aching to get home to try and beat my high score.

• That’s a fair point that’s well made and is probably going to mean I’m 400 lighter by the end of tomorrow.
  • SPT is excellent. Love the shield grab by reaching over the shoulder.
  • I think that's a great point hair makes about how you could look at a lot of VR games and think, I'd never play that on my proper console. Especially with the Quest's graphical limitations. I just finished Face Your Fears 2. Crikey, if that was on Bone/PS4 it would nothing but a cheap as chips, shonky RE7 rip-off. But actually being in that world, reaching forward to slowly open a creaky door, literally peering round the corner in dread, is completely transformative.
  • I definitely want to get on vr at some point. It does seem like they've made some great improvements in the tech this gen. Maybe. Maybe I'll be tempted
  • I didn't think I'd ever want a kayak simulator but today I played National Geographic Explore VR. It's a short experience where you set off on an assignment to photograph some Emperor Penguins. Starts with you climbing into a kayak and paddling off through the glaciers of the Antarctic. Very nice experience, especially as it gives you the option to sit down. Very immersive paddling along looking at the fish under the water and the seals lounging around on the ice. After that you climb an ice wall then sort out your camp in the storm and then that's pretty much it. If you wanted to be cheeky you could easily play through the whole thing in under an hour then ask for a refund. 

But as it starts in an apartment and you spin a globe to select your destination I presume there's going to be further episodic content. Would be well up for kayaking down the Amazon.

One of my friends that's coming over at the weekend just spent 3 months in the Antarctic so it will be fun to show it to her.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    STOP RECOMMENDING NEW STUFF
  • STOP RECOMMENDING ANY STUFF

Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Don't worry. I'm not FULLY RECOMMENDING the National Geographic game. £7.99 is definitley too much for what it is. It's quite nice though... sorry.
  • Ordered direct, be here next weds, whoop!
  • I am definitely not recommending Superhot VR because it's great. No sir.
  • Would be interested to experience SHVR but I'm more about the multiplayer. Do you have to set up a username etc at the start?
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    SPT is excellent. Love the shield grab by reaching over the shoulder.

0vpEvuJ.jpg

• bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Scout, I was pulling your leg! See myself buying almost everything eventually 0_O

I definitely want to get on vr at some point. It does seem like they've made some great improvements in the tech this gen. Maybe. Maybe I'll be tempted

Hey Shabs, it’s all about the fit.

Love the Bone because of the social side of LIVE, but just didn’t connect with the Nintendo Switch. The Quest is that rare thing - something unique, user friendly and gobsmackingly addictive.

• I know hair, me too. 

Forgot to mention that at the end of the Nat Geo game I experienced the first clumsy attempt to integrate a bit of the old Facebook. You take photos of the animals you encounter, then back in your apartment you look through the shots and put your favourites up on the wall. Perfect time for the narrator to say "These are great! Why don't you share them on Facebook!" Nah, you're alright.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    I'll be trying a Quest today
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Ordered direct, be here next weds, whoop!
    WHOOP! Time to put people in the OP.

Skerret wrote:
    I'll be trying a Quest today
    Hope you love it.

• Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Given I spend most of my VR time in a Vive Pro wireless or a Pimax I don't expect to be blown away by the techy bits BUT am hoping for a smooth UX
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Would love a wireless adapter for the Rift but the only one I’ve seen available gets bad reviews. Here’s hoping they crack it on Rift 2.
  • About the only thing putting me off right now is the front-heavy weightiness some reviews are reporting - what’s it actually like for those that have tried it? I’m not thinking I’d want it on for more than an hour in any case.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!