META QUEST - Stand Alone VR
  • Working till late today but shall give it another go before weekend.
  • First threads of people being perma banned and having their purchases locked are popping up on Reddit and Reset Era. One guy claims he was creating a new legit account, as he had a dummy one before, and that was enough to get his Quest banned. Be safe out there folks.
  • I deactivated my old account and only have a new account which only has a few friends. I hope that's enough
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Apologies chaps but was tinkering with the new ding-a-ling and helms deep into Alyx and Rez.

Did an actual LOL with joy when those familiar beats and visuals from 2001 were projected at room scale into my jaded mind.

Can't stress this enough when playing VR -

sUw4sHM.jpg

retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • Syph79 wrote:
    First threads of people being perma banned and having their purchases locked are popping up on Reddit and Reset Era. One guy claims he was creating a new legit account, as he had a dummy one before, and that was enough to get his Quest banned. Be safe out there folks.
    I'd heard that FB are being very strict with new account creation right now, what with the run up to the US elections and the shitstorm of botnets and other shite they've let run rampant on their platform for years.
    So, naturally, it's a fantastic time for them to launch new hardware with a requirement for creating a new FB account lol! 
    If anyone has problems Reddit folk have been suggesting they forward/create tickets directly on to the Oculus support, as waiting around for FB support to look at accounts can takes weeks/months.
  • I can't imagine how f~cking mad I would be if I'd spent £300 on something, only for it to be bricked by an account set up. I know every launch has its issues, but damn.
  • djchump wrote:
    Syph79 wrote:
    First threads of people being perma banned and having their purchases locked are popping up on Reddit and Reset Era. One guy claims he was creating a new legit account, as he had a dummy one before, and that was enough to get his Quest banned. Be safe out there folks.
    I'd heard that FB are being very strict with new account creation right now, what with the run up to the US elections and the shitstorm of botnets and other shite they've let run rampant on their platform for years. So, naturally, it's a fantastic time for them to launch new hardware with a requirement for creating a new FB account lol!  If anyone has problems Reddit folk have been suggesting they forward/create tickets directly on to the Oculus support, as waiting around for FB support to look at accounts can takes weeks/months.

This has been an issue for a while. The AI is extremely good at flagging new accounts with users that have been on Facebook on a similar account. Thats why if you setup a dummy/duplicate account, your suggested friends will still pop up as people you know. That is based on IP/location/device. If its flagged, your account gets suspended and you are asked to send a photo and a form of ID to get access back. If any of that matches with another account, you won't get back in.

I only know all this as my main account got removed a few years back when my profile was attached to a business page (my old employer) who were exploiting video shares for ad revenue. Facebook eventually took the page down and any associated profiles with it. Despite me not working there when that happened, I never got it back (the support is useless) but you are able to download all your data, photos, friends etc etc... so its never really gone so to speak. 

I since have a new profile (thats been going for a few years now) but i'm more aware that you don't own your profile. So yeh... this is a real clusterfuck when its then a requirement for a device. It has certainly put me off getting one.
  • Stupid thing is they actively encourage it by having a login page you can switch between accounts from.
  • It's a weird one. Could I not just set one up in my sons name and say that it is his or as he's under 13 and can't legally have a facebook account does that preclude him from having an Oculus?
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • This is just quality control to stop people buying shit from scambook
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Eric wrote:
    It's a weird one. Could I not just set one up in my sons name and say that it is his or as he's under 13 and can't legally have a facebook account does that preclude him from having an Oculus?
    He could use it, but no accounts for under 13's. It's the same policy for their sibling, Instagram. I'd be wary giving someone younger (unsupervised) access to a VR headset. The things I've seen.

• Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    HOLY FUCKING SHIT LADS.

JUST HOLY FUCKING SHIT, WOW.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Missus is gigging with pure joy at First Steps. All i can hear is 'fuck off, really?' follow by laughter
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Ha ha. Download First Contact. She’ll love that.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Banging on charge now setting everything to download. So happy with this, feels like when i first saw 3D in games
  • Banging on charge now setting everything to download. So happy with this, feels like when i first saw 3D in games

That's exactly what I say to people, using a quest for the first time was the first real next-gen moment since M64 for me.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Yup. Wait until Alyx. Oh boy!
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Another Echo player. Glad you're having fun DS
  • This is the best and worst thing about VR.
    The visuals are so different from anything games have shown us before it's a big step.
    But because of that you just can't describe to anyone who has never been in proper VR what it's like.
    It's something you have to try for yourself.
    You rang.....
  • I basically just say it’s changed the room you’re sitting in. And it’s now a cartoon. And your head starts hurting.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    It has literally blown my mind lads. Im leaving Alyx til weekend as off Sunday and Monday.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    HOLY FUCKING SHIT LADS. JUST HOLY FUCKING SHIT, WOW.
    I think that bear's repeating.

This too
    sUw4sHM.jpg

So pleased you both like it!
  • I'm so happy you're having a good time with it DS. It's truly something magical
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • I used to play games before. Now I’m IN them.
  • It has literally blown my mind lads. Im leaving Alyx til weekend as off Sunday and Monday.

Don't be a fanny and have a look.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • Also, stand up to have a go.
  • djchump wrote:
    Syph79 wrote:
    I'd heard that FB are being very strict with new account creation right now, what with the run up to the US elections and the shitstorm of botnets and other shite they've let run rampant on their platform for years. So, naturally, it's a fantastic time for them to launch new hardware with a requirement for creating a new FB account lol!  If anyone has problems Reddit folk have been suggesting they forward/create tickets directly on to the Oculus support, as waiting around for FB support to look at accounts can takes weeks/months.

My sister's mate has been banned already and he's had a dual account with the OG Quest for ages. I'm pretty sure an exec mentioned the aim was to ban all dual accounts by summer next year.
  • What's the excitement about lads. I'm dead inside.
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!