The Super Mario Maker 2 Thread - CONTEST: VOTE for best ANGELS levels by 23:59:59 on Sunday 21 July
  • What's even the point of having deadlines?
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    The whole contest has been tarnished
  • Four entries, though, means that ERE could introduce a you-can’t-vote-for-your-own-course rule.

Thus torpedo-ing my chance of getting any votes...
  • Are we ignoring rules or adding rules, here?  Wtaf is this?
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    This is worse than the GOTY threads.
  • Andy wrote:
    Four entries, though, means that ERE could introduce a you-can’t-vote-for-your-own-course rule

Surely that’s a given. You can’t vote for your own. I’m fine with late entries. Unless I don’t win and the winner is a late entry.

That was awkward and unsettling, never post anything like it again.
  • When are we all playing multiplayer together?
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • mk64 wrote:
    Andys is a troll level. Just beat it.

It’s still showing as 0 clears. Odd.

Anyway, I’ve just played Frosty’s level. Between it and Stella’s, I don’t see why mine is being singled out as the difficult one. Hey ho.

Right, I’ll vote. In reverse order, I’ll go for mistercrayon in third, Frosty in second, and stellavista gets my top vote.
  • I think troll does not imply difficult. Troll, in my view is a level where the challenge can be trivial if you know the answers to the “jokes”. So while the others have difficulty they seem to be presented in a fairly plain way (the challenge in stella’s is obvious - while yours looks as if it’s a maze game but kills you for following the clear breadcrumbs but it’s about making at least one leap of faith - maybe more?)
  • There’s only one bit like that, though, and it’s over and done with within the first minute of the first time you play. Whatever.

Is nobody else going to vote?
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Yes, I am, right now, having just played the levels.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    1) Frosty
    2) mistercrayon
    3) stellavista
  • My votes are

1. Crayon. I haven't seen Eva so a lot was lost in me but I really loved the artistry and theatrics to it all.

2. Stellavista. I didn't really get the angel motif but and the bullet bill jumping was cool when I managed to finish it and incredibly infuriating up until then :p. Those hit boxes really upset me.

3. Andy. Sorry man, I wasnt able to get past the platform in the lava and the maze made it to frustrating to keep trying so I gave up after a half dozen attempts.

I think my level is mostly straightforward enough apart from the claw jump to the checkpoint flag. That's just frustrating rather than fun and I want to change it to make it a bit easier. I also wish I could have had a third biome to get some lava in there for the final part to fit the theme a bit better but overall I was really pleased.

I like my three headed dog at the end.
  • I think I might have carried on if there'd been more room to manoeuvre in the maze as its a cool idea. I'm even like the death door you tease with the key. It's in the level picture so should be obvious in hindsight.

What was the trick to get to the bit after the platform in the lava? I tried the twirl while jumping but it wasn't quite far enough.
  • The last jump to the door? A sprinting jump. A single twirl mid-jump gets you to the lava-level platform, at which point an immediate jump stops you sliding off the edge. A double twirl through the jump means you hit the platform the door is on, and land on the lava-level platform. A triple twirl through the jump lands you on the platform with the door.
  • My vote goes to Andy, with mistercrayon second. Didn’t get time to play Frosty’s.

I didn’t think Andy’s was trolling aside from the first bit which was obviously a joke.
  • I wasn't sure if the powerup was needed for the whole level. 

Andy - probably isn't showing because I downloaded it and then haven't fired it up connected since I played it. Will connect tonight and see if it's there.
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • mk64 wrote:
    I wasn't sure if the powerup was needed for the whole level.
    If you upload a level with a checkpoint, you are required to first complete the full level without relying on the checkpoint. Once that’s done, you are then required to complete the level from the checkpoint, starting without any power-ups.

It’s technically possible to complete stella’s course despite losing the power-up on the spikes at the very start.
  • How do you get the rainbow blocks? I played a SMW level with rainbow platforms.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • Andy is my time showing on your level yet?
  • I played the levels:

Frosty, Stella then Andy for me!

I didn’t beat any of them because genuinely i suck so . (which is why all of my levels are noddy level easy).

I voted in order of Theme and general interestingness. I got a bit further in yours Andy.

• I didn't get a chance to play or make anything this week but I do want to take part. Will try harder next time.

My ID is: 43C-88Y-1YG
  • I will try to make my next one easier. It's easy to slip into frustrating rather than fun.
  • mk64 wrote:
    Andy is my time showing on your level yet?

Yes.
  • So who won the inaugural competition then?
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Gonna sort all that out tonight, sorry for delay. Have been melting in the heat.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Final rankings!

1st: Frosty
    =2nd: stellavista
    =2nd: mistercrayon
    4th: Andy

Congrats Frosty!

Will post the next theme next week.
  • In absence of MM2 (due to arrive Monday) I've been trying Grand Poo World on SMW.

Never before has one man died so many times in the first 10 seconds of a level.  Screw that first hidden block.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!