Fire Emblem: Three Houses (26th July, Switch)
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Also the end credits song fucking slaps
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    regmcfly wrote:
    Got my waifu too
    It's
    Spoiler:
    Oh fu, I haven't been able to recruit her yet. Don't think I can as my magic will never be high enough.

How many hours did it take? I feel like I'm doing something wrong as I'm at 45 and am still not at the spoiler bit from the trailers.

Also realized paralogues get added when you recruit characters (I thought they were a set thing). I guess you'll see all of them when you do all three houses? Probably need to focus on recruiting the silver badges though.
  • Finished first playthrough yesterday on yellow 85 + hours. Considering blue for NG+.

Wanted to ask how NG+ works if you keep various progress data?

Waifu
    Spoiler:
    3DS: 2105-8748-8084 Switch: SW-3316-5834-8308 PSN: aynsleyw
  • In NG+ you get
    Spoiler:
    Otherwise you go through everything as before.
  • Cool. Cheers.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Why is this game so weird with the warnings?

With a paralogue it always ends with you agreeing (start battle) or staying out of it for now (back to menu or something).

Now I was exploring in the 2nd month (I think), had done 2 faculty training and was about halfway through my normal routine. I talk to Edelgard, camera changes, it gives me a choice that's important for the story (which B completely ruined by deciding to declog the drain from the shower, this is why I don't like playing at night) and without warning it just skips the rest of my explore day. Why wasn't I given a way to back out of that?

I do have a save right before the start of that day, so I kept that in case I want to go back. I just expected to be able to delay the choice, as seems to be the case for paralogues.
  • I also reset my save that day. My hope is that all of the suddenness and surprise pressure is to make you feel like you need to choose your most instinctive choice there and then.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    I'm just gonna continue with it, but at least I got the back up in case I want to see the other path.
    Spoiler:
    ^Edelgard / Black Eagle spoilers, I'm not sure how this is for other houses.
  • There’s a bit where she says
    Spoiler:
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    @mistercrayon
    Spoiler:

So I made another choice. And another save game.
    Spoiler:
    ^Black Eagle spoilers.

I'm having fun.
  • Playing through the golden deer and I get to see Ferdinands fate after playing and finishing a run with Black Eagles. (Spoils for both)
    Spoiler:
  • Bouncing from an old save file to continue the black eagles path
    Spoiler:
  • One save for me. I like to live with the imperfect choices.

Less stressful lol
  • Yeah I’m normally like that but I didn’t fancy playing the first 30hr to see the story.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    That's also why I kept two saves just where story points are triggered in the Black Eagles line. It took me 45 hours or so to reach those, I don't want to do that again. Rather go through the early chapters with the other two houses.
  • Finally finished my first game with about 60hrs on the clock. Great stuff all-told, Golden Deer 4 lyf, Hilda is our Queen etc.
  • I wrote a little piece about this for the new EGM site, about the dynamics of power and control between player and characters:
    https://egmnow.com/game-of-pawns-power-and-agency-in-fire-emblem-three-houses/
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Nice article.

I started to see the whole "build your party" in a completely different light when someone mentioned that they killed every character they didn't like. For a game that wants you to keep them alive, that felt like such a rebel thing to do. Wish I thought of it myself.

I think you should technically be able to play it with just the avatar and class head of choice, think I've never seen another name in green during the main missions.
  • Enjoyed the article Jon.

Steaming through second playthrough as Blue Lions. Thoroughly enjoying the relationship shifts after steering Golden Deers in the first play through.

I've heard it's good for 4 playthroughs. Anyone got more info?
  • Yeah, it's a little different with the Black Eagles
    Spoiler:

Edit: I assume that's what it is anyway. I haven't looked into it in detail or done all the routes.
  • The worst universe version of it is that some unlock only exists if you do all four routes on one save file.
  • JonB wrote:
    Yeah, it's a little different with the Black Eagles
    Spoiler:

Edit: I assume that's what it is anyway. I haven't looked into it in detail or done all the routes.

Yeah that is basically it.
    Spoiler:

I was a bit disappointed with the classes by the end of the game. There didn't always seem to be a natural progression from the advanced to master classes and I was having to fundamentally change a character to get them to fit. There also didn't seem any point getting Byleth or Edelgard to take one of the Master classes as they had their own unique option that seemed much better.

Think the only other thing that disappointed me was that the
    Spoiler:

Oh yeah there was one other thing
    Spoiler:
    . Anyone know?
  • You get to use it in that battle? Otherwise I think you’re right it’s all in the ether.

I see there’s no point in collecting items. About half way through my second route I ceased bothering with chests and items as your silver xxx was doing the job and time was more important to me.

Re: baddies
    Spoiler:
  • Just finished a first run through, and it was good. Overall I found the 3D nature a bit awkward and usually had to change the camera angle to be as bird's eye as possible to mimic FE's of old.

My Byleth (female)
    Spoiler:
    Just wanted to finish the story before Astral Chain arrives.
    PSN: Trampoline_Hero | Switcheroo: SW-4808-6417-1689
  • Hahaha. Recruitment in run three
    Spoiler:

:-)
  • Good article Jon B; that goes a long way to explaining why I enjoyed the first half a lot more than the second.
    You get to use it in that battle? Otherwise I think you’re right it’s all in the ether. I see there’s no point in collecting items. About half way through my second route I ceased bothering with chests and items as your silver xxx was doing the job and time was more important to me. Re: baddies
    Spoiler:

Just finished my first run and got that ending
    Spoiler:
    When you got movies like Tom Cruise in them, you can't lose
  • Haha got to half way in blue lions and
    Spoiler:
  • Edit: this is not the whisky thread!
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Haha got to half way in blue lions and
    Spoiler:

I hated this and then I love it
  • Truth is, I ditched this the moment I had something else to play. I mean, it's fine but never fully compelling.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!