Le grand chien 3.0
  • mk64 wrote:
    GBA is one of the largest selling machines of all time. Pretty sure that’s because it had a million games and a lot of 10’s. Master system did have sonic but you couldn’t play it on the bus could you?

Yes.

Thats what the Game Gear with Master Gear converter was for.

And VHS outsold Laserdisc, doesn't mean that Laserdisc wasn't vastly superior in every single way.
  • mk64 wrote:
    GBA is one of the largest selling machines of all time. Pretty sure that’s because it had a million games and a lot of 10’s. Master system did have sonic but you couldn’t play it on the bus could you?

If playing it on the bus is a winning argument, we might as well remove all home systems from the equation.
  • Frosty wrote:
    GBA. This isnt even a contest.

It's literally a contest.

0KCfTLx.jpg

• but the software library is where it obliterates the Master System. Advance Wars, Pokemon, Super Puzzle Fighter, FF6, Chronotrigger, FF: Tactics, various Mario games, Metroid Fusion, a Link to the Past and Minish Cap, Astroboy, Warioware, Superstar Saga... absolutely incredible and most of which (all of which?!) hold up today. Sure, couple of those are SNES ports... but this made them portable.

Alex Kidd, Wonderboy, Hang On, Psycho Fox, Bonanza Bros., Chase HQ, Alien Syndrome, Dynamite Dux, Cool Spot, Rambo III, Zillion, Ace of Aces, Penguin Land, Chuck Rock, Xenon II, Alien Storm, Renegade, Sagaia, Shinobi, Shadow Dancer, Master of Darkness, Ghost House, Power Strike, Rastan, Ninja Gaiden, Buggy Run, Golvellius, Lord of the Sword, New Zealand Story, Lemmings, Forgotten Worlds, Galaxy Force, Action Fighter, Alien 3, Fire & Ice, Dynamite Heady, Fantasy Zone, Enduro Racer, Thunder Blade, Super Kick-Off, Super Off Road, Wolfchild, Zool, Vigilante, Strider II, Operation Wolf, Laser Ghost, Assault City, et al

And arguably the best versions of Sonic.

The Master System more than competes on its game selection.

In it's original form, it has the greatest styling of any console ever.

And try playing a lightgun game on the GBA, it would be rubbish.
    If you want to argue that the Master System Sonic games are the best ones, or that the game library you've listed is stronger than the GBA library, that's fine, but you won't convince me on either count. It sounds like absolute insanity to me.

• I always found it amusing that the master system needed a sticker to tell people how to connect the thing with the tv.
  • Built in game is genius though.
  • Frosty wrote:
    Frosty wrote:
    GBA. This isnt even a contest.
    It's literally a contest.
    0KCfTLx.jpg

Yes.

The GBA is a quality machine, but with the exception of Astro Boy: Omega Factor paired with the GBA Micro it's one I rarely return to, as I tend to reach for either the DS or 3DS instead.

The Master System I still use regularly as it was and still is an awesome machine.
  • If you want to argue that the Master System Sonic games are the best ones, or that the game library you've listed is stronger than the GBA library, that's fine, but you won't convince me on either count. It sounds like absolute insanity to me.

You've already voted, so it's not you I'm trying to convince.

And the Master System had 3D glasses for £39.95 in 1987.

That's innovation.

Not to mention Arcade sticks, Flight Sticks, The Hori SG Command Controller. 

The Master System rocks.
  • One thing with the gba is that even though it’s original incarnation (light wise) was bad it’s worth remembering that for Xbox a lot of the arguments surrounded the best incarnation (gamepass etc)
  • Aw, Astro Boy. What a game that was.
  • mk64 wrote:

on game gear you could
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • And the GBA funnily enough
  • Frosty wrote:
    And the GBA funnily enough

10 years later and a weaker game.
  • The arguments on here for, lets be honest minor systems in the the grand scheme of this contest, has me both nervous and excited when its proper iconic machines against each other in the later rounds.

The fanboy fights are gonna be ridiculous.

I predict at least 3 users leaving the site in a huff.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • There are kids in some poor countries who'd be happy with either. Smh you lot.
  • The arguments on here for, lets be honest minor systems in the the grand scheme of this contest, has me both nervous and excited when its proper iconic machines against each other in the later rounds. The fanboy fights are gonna be ridiculous. I predict at least 3 users leaving the site in a huff.

it's not a fanboy fight, if people don't debate the relative merits of the underdogs, then what is this thread even for?
  • The Game Gear is a different console...
  • nick_md wrote:
    There are kids in some poor countries who'd be happy with either. Smh you lot.

Brazil and it's history with the Master System is legendary.
  • The arguments on here for, lets be honest minor systems in the the grand scheme of this contest, has me both nervous and excited when its proper iconic machines against each other in the later rounds. The fanboy fights are gonna be ridiculous. I predict at least 3 users leaving the site in a huff.
    it's not a fanboy fight, if people don't debate the relative merits of the underdogs, then what is this thread even for?

I'm not against the debating, thats fine.

I'm just saying this could get nasty, its happened on here before.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    nick_md wrote:

What's out this Christmas for it
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    The arguments on here for, lets be honest minor systems in the the grand scheme of this contest, has me both nervous and excited when its proper iconic machines against each other in the later rounds. The fanboy fights are gonna be ridiculous. I predict at least 3 users leaving the site in a huff.

I'm not against the debating, thats fine.

I'm just saying this could get nasty, its happened on here before.

I really hope it doesn't happen, that genuinely wasn't my intent. Just thought it would be a daft bit of fun.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    nick_md wrote:

FIFA 20
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    regmcfly wrote:
    nick_md wrote:

FIFA 20

I wouldn't put it past Brazil.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    There's a football joke there about not being able to put something past Brazil.
  • People can't help themselves when it comes to console manufacturers

I'll stand back with my Father Ted careful now jpg at the ready
  • regmcfly wrote:
    I really hope it doesn't happen, that genuinely wasn't my intent. Just thought it would be a daft bit of fun.

Fingers crossed it doesn't.

But I'm already seeing the intensity with the Neo Geo and Master System.

Buckle up ladies and gents.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ

Project Mercury was always designed to be a portable Master System and has pretty much identical hardware.
  • I'm not against the debating, thats fine. I'm just saying this could get nasty, its happened on here before.

Really?

That seems odd.

They're just consoles.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    There's a football joke there about not being able to put something past Brazil.

8?

Reg - put me down for GBA.

advance wars, kuru kuru kururin, mario golf, rebelstar, and for me the big sell was portable speedball 2 and final fight
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett

Project Mercury was always designed to be a portable Master System and has pretty much identical hardware.

It's still not the same console.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!