Game of the Decade - 2010-2019
  • 2 bloated in a different way to 1, but it's every bit as good. Some awesome areas. Combat definitely better, from memory. Or at least more spectacular.

Remastered on pc would. Probably still look mint. It relied so much on its strong colours I think it'd hold up well.

And again, possessed weapons was such an awesome idea.

Solved Loot issues, allowed customisation, was just so so awesome.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Went and found the thread on ds2.

Here's me waffling about possessed stuff. (behind spoiler because big text.)
    Spoiler:
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • I’ve started Darksiders 2 a few times and never stuck with it. But it’s deffo one of the better Zelda-likes / 3rd person adventure games out there - I can appreciate the craftsmanship. I just bounced off it. Shame. When it’s fun, it’s really fun.
  • Coildnt get om with Okami @cockbeard. Tried twice - too long and the battle circle bits weren't much fun. Will give Darksiders a go when I've finished one or two other biggies.
  • Darksiders 2 (I didn't play the first) was a solid 7/10 all the way. Didn't do anything really wrong (except a hilariously misjudged 3rd person shooter section near the end), but didn't do anything really interesting or exceptional either.

I played it on Plus when I didn't have anything else on the go. I doubt I would've finished it otherwise.
  • Trying to avoid the obvious I'll go for

Fez
    Hotline Miami
    Spec Ops: The Line
    Metal Gear Rising
    Dishonored
  • This is my probable list so far:

1. Dark Souls (360)
    2. Zelda: Breath of the Wild (SW)
    3. Bayonetta (360)
    4. Metal Gear Solid V (PS4)
    5. Dragon Quest IX (DS)
    6. Invisible Inc. (PS4)
    7. The Witness (PS4)
    8. The Last Guardian (PS4)
    9. Celeste (PS4)
    10. XCom 2 (PS4)

Astral Chain might sneak in though. I should play it some more.
  • My list again so far just to remind me -

NaissanceE
    Kingdom Come: Deliverance
    Total War: Warhammer II
    Inside
    Obduction
    Neo Scavenger
    Civilization V

I think apart from Inside no one else has also picked these, guess I'm weird which is fine. Probably going to pop Journey and Dark Souls on there if I can't think of anything else by the end of the year. Mayyyybee Mass Effect 2...

XCOM Enemy Within was pretty badass, I did enjoy what I played on the PS3 but really I would like to complete a playthrough. Need to get it on PC at some point.
  • So yeah, basically I'm dumping this thread and combining GOTD with the GOTY 2019 thread. If you could head over there for final voting that would be lovely. Thanks.
  • What won this thread?
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Armello.  Was never in doubt.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    It's hotline Miami
  • Fair enough.  I'll go with that.
  • I've not added anything up, but let's just say Dark Souls won.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!