Have we got a Dead Space 3 thread yet?
‹ Previous12345678

• Strange trailer, about time for me to finish my DS1 playthrough and start DS2.
    Let's go exploring....
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    I'm going to be all over this like a particularly virulent rash. Loved DS1 so much I played it through four times to get all the achievements. 2 isn't quite as good, but they did a great job of extending the plot. It has the worst last boss in history, though.

Trailer for 3 looks good. Same art style as some of the comics. Bring it on, I'm ready for more Necromorphs.
    From your Taiwan correspondent.
  • Ignore, apparently this is for a graphic novel.
    Let's go exploring....
  • The first shot of this appeared on Eurogamer and there is a countdown on the official site apparently. I loved 2, even though it had RIDICULOUS difficulty spikes. The section with the monster after monster is one of the most infuriating things I've ever played. Last boss was also quite annoying. It was mostly very enjoyable with exquisite locations - the spacewalk is amaze - and super satisfying combat levelling up jazz.
    I'm a Sasquatch man and I'm watching you.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Olimite wrote:
    Ignore, apparently this is for a graphic novel.

Aww, feck. I thought it might be legit as I've read somewhere that DS3 features people other than Clark (like the DLC for 2 did), and hence co-op. Thought this trailer was introducing the other guy.

Still, a new graphic novel, eh? I enjoyed the others, I'll probably pick this up.
  • The first shot of this appeared on Eurogamer and there is a countdown on the official site apparently. I loved 2, even though it had RIDICULOUS difficulty spikes. The section with the monster after monster is one of the most infuriating things I've ever played. Last boss was also quite annoying. It was mostly very enjoyable with exquisite locations - the spacewalk is amaze - and super satisfying combat levelling up jazz.

This. And the last 4 or 5 chapters were pointless lengthening. Take that off and it was almost perfect.
    equinox_code "I need girls cornered and on their own"
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    DS 3 with the prospect of some co-op. Have to say i'm hard.
  • Oh this could be good. I know the trailer is for the graphic novel, but the new game in itself is looking great. I loved both Dead Space games (with the exception of a few moments) so will be well up for this.

Hopefully news at E3.
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • I'm a Sasquatch man and I'm watching you.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Oh, that is looking very tasty. Liking the look of the new enemies, and co-op could be tons of fun. Looks like Carver is in it, too, so odds on the graphic novel serves to set up the plot. I'd like Isaac to be a bit messed up in this one. The amount of crap he's gone through, it'd be a bit incongruous if he became a supreme bad ass. I'd like to see some cracks around his edges.

It's funny the number of games news sites that have passed on the graphic novel trailer as the trailer for Dead Space 3. Even IGN's 'Inside Gaming Daily' said it was the trailer for DS3, despite the URL at the end of the video confirming it as a new comic. I know I fell for it, but I'm not a games journo, so I'm allowed to be stupid. ;)
  • I really liked the stuff in 2 where he's losing his mind. And last boss was great story wise, even if it was annoying in combat. I'm sure they'll progress that idea.
  • I think I'd better get on with 2 before I find out something I don't want to.
    Let's go exploring....
  • Sorry, I won't spoil it yo. Generally, there's a lot more pressure on him in 2, that's all.
  • I did actually start it, but only got up to getting the first weapon before I decided I wanted to play the first one though.

Which I did two and a half times :)
    Let's go exploring....
  • Ha
  • I played 2 first btw. Was still awesome.
  • I should finish the first. I might do that next week. If I alternate between that and FFXIII-2 then it might help my nerves.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    I'm hoping for some proper team tactics as opposed to just covering eachother's backs. Say with certain fast enemies you have to pin them to the wall via a Javelin gun then your mate flames them into bacon.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Olimite wrote:
    I did actually start it, but only got up to getting the first weapon before I decided I wanted to play the first one though. Which I did two and a half times :)

I can highly recommend 2. Not quite as stellar as the first one (which I did four times so I WIN ;) ), and it has some stupidly steep difficultly spikes, but over all it's well worth the effort, even with the worst last boss in video games EVAR.

I can also recommend Extraction. Best light gun game I ever played. Really good story, too.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Seeing Prometheus has got me even more in the mood for another Dead Space game. More the atmosphere of the film than anything else.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    IGN says that EA says that Dead Space 3 is definitely a thing. Source.
  • Please come out in summer, theres no way Im playing 3 on a dark night.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Actual Dead Space 3 trailer from E3:

Enjoy.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    XB360 only. Cocks.
  • There was an article on this on GB the before Xmas, apparently in the co-op campaign, one of the characters is going a bit mad, and 'sees' things. That could well be awesome as your partner suddenly starts tearing up the scenery wondering why you aren't battling the hoards of nechroporphs that are coming out the walls...

• Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    I am loving the sound of a co-op Dead Space, when is 3 scheduled for release?
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    @Mostly or starts trying to plasma cut your limbs off.

I keep eyeing my Dead Space 1 and thinking I should platinum it then replay DS 2.
  • Am I right in thinking (based upon that trailer) that there are two distinct campaigns that change based upon whether you are playing in co-op or single player?

Either way, I am looking forward to this!
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • Looks that way, yep.
  • There was an article on this on GB the before Xmas, apparently in the co-op campaign, one of the characters is going a bit mad, and 'sees' things. That could well be awesome as your partner suddenly starts tearing up the scenery wondering why you aren't battling the hoards of nechroporphs that are coming out the walls...

That could be amazing over co-op if they had kept it a secret, although you'd just think one of you had lagged out and would end up resetting the game every time something awesome happened.
    equinox_code "I need girls cornered and on their own"
‹ Previous12345678

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!