PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    Kernowgaz wrote:
    Thanks to O2 ( gave me a £15 off voucher for Argos for loyalty stuff - got it for £23 ) , do I have to have  played the other 2 games ?

iv got 1 on disk if you want a borrow?
    also i could get my mate to deactivate my account from his machine so you can go thru 2 when your done with 1? (were free on ps+)
    if so this would lead nicely to 3 being cheap and me buying it and some co-op! :)
    psn/steam:daviedigi

raziel once wrote..."davie's to nice for this forum"!
  • daviedigi wrote:
    Kernowgaz wrote:
    Thanks to O2 ( gave me a £15 off voucher for Argos for loyalty stuff - got it for £23 ) , do I have to have  played the other 2 games ?
    iv got 1 on disk if you want a borrow? also i could get my mate to deactivate my account from his machine so you can go thru 2 when your done with 1? (were free on ps+) if so this would lead nicely to 3 being cheap and me buying it and some co-op! :)

Sorry Davie I've already bought the 360 version. 

I've played DS1 for about 2 hours and enjoyed it but as usual bought other games and it went to the back of the queue . Bought the second because I thought it was a limited edition because of Extraction ( it wasn't that limited ) played Mp and enjoyed that for a little bit and its in the queue . 

As I've read that you can play 3 without too many worries regarding plot , I played it for a couple of hours and really enjoyed it  . Most of what I've read implies that there's more action now but as I'm virtually a Dead Space noob I don't know any different . There has been a fair bit of action but also the classic - exploring whilst shiting yourself with lots of strange noises all around you. Some of the lighting and effects are stunning , whilst at the same time - some are a bit crap. 

Was there much flying around in the space suit in earlier games ? Really enjoyed these sections , especially where you fly around and then land in a couple of areas
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • o8ipQZJ.jpg
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Apologies if this has been posted before, but I'm not going back through the thread for fear of spoilers.

Free (and legal) track from the Dead Space 3 OST on Amazon.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • MattyJ wrote:
    o8ipQZJ.jpg

Bwahaha
  • Eurogamer have a rumour that EA has killed the series.

Feels like we're in for a run of this, publishers only seem to want more sequels but there's hardly any of these franchises growing. If the five million sales figure is true, EA will need to wait about three years into the next gen before they start making money.
  • I_R wrote:
    Eurogamer have a rumour that EA has killed the series. Feels like we're in for a run of this, publishers only seem to want more sequels but there's hardly any of these franchises growing. If the five million sales figure is true, EA will need to wait about three years into the next gen before they start making money.

Maybe EA shouldn't have ripped the soul out of this game.

"It seems Dead Space 3 suffered a somewhat troubled development. According to the report, weapon-specific ammo was switched for generic ammo late in the day to accommodate the game's controversial micro-transactions, and developer Visceral were ordered to take the series into a more action-focused direction in order to emulate BioWare's Mass Effect franchise and broaden its appeal."

BAD EA. Fucking studios man. Happens in all sorts of media; there is a company who makes something successful so then their publisher decides to make changes...how about you just give them more money but allow them to continue making the product they want, seeing as how it was critically and commercially successful.
  • Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • “If you don’t like the games, or the sales techniques, don’t spend your money on them. You vote with your dollars,” he concluded.

Clearly people have.
  • What's annoying is that EA had turned a corner this gen. They were supporting smaller devs, putting out new IP, FIFA was no longer shit, and they seemed to be understanding of what gamers wanted.
    In recent months they've taken a massive dump over the goodwill they had managed to gain and are now, once again, despised by the gamers they wanted to court. They've gone all arrogant again, believing their own hype.

I dread to think what'll happen to Bioware if the next ME game goes the same way.
    Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • Gonzo wrote:
    It's already happened, Bioware is already fucked. Not a huge surprise. EA is a behemoth, it doesn't care about you and you shouldn't give a fig about it. It shouldn't ever "turn a corner" in your mind. You should stop being so utterly servile and faithful to faceless companies, eregol.

Faithful? I didn't buy FIFA 13, I don't play Dead Space. I like Mass Effect, but otherwise I have barely bought EA games this gen.
  • Gonzo wrote:
    I was thinking more Sony.

LG TV, iPad, Nokia Lumia 820, Vita, PS3, LG Blu Ray player (In dining room).
    I do hope you're making a very poor joke rather than unsubstantiated finger pointing?
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    I think EA will be hurting from the catastrophic failure of The Old Republic for years. They pumped a retarded amount of money into it.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I ended up wondering whether the huge Mass Effect 3 ending debacle was caused by EA wanting to leave things open for a Mass Effect 4. I mean there's ambiguity and then there's weird ambiguity that doesn't really seem right and then not much later the first hints that Mass Effect 4 is being developed.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Complacency. It afflicts EA on a cyclical basis. They don't make mo money, so refocus on quality of experience, they make money, they want MOAR money fast, quality suffers. Think they're going to sell as much BF4 compared to 3? Any curious CoDers will return thus as nobody does CoD better than CoD, while a lot of BF fans will fuck it off after getting their fingers burnt.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    I obviously didn't read any of your past posts about micro-$, cause i already told you about the bug/glitch that nullifies any need to "buy" anything in DS3.

What i will say is; i played it co-op, and enjoyed it thoroughly, and at just under 21 hours of content/gameplay, i thought it great value for my cashola. Which is quite ironic, considering.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Peter Moore gets a strop on in the comments section over at gamesindustry.com:
    Standard, shoddy website journalism recipe, born out of a desperate need to increase click-thru rates to support advertising revenue. Fabricate a story using an "unnamed source", post it first thing in the morning, add the letters" EA" to the story (oh, and link it to micro-transactions - always a fan favourite) and then stand back and enjoy the vitriol which you turn into revenue. Rinse and repeat...

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2013-03-05-dead-space-4-cancelled-as-series-sales-decline-report
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Quick question, anyone else whos played DS3 added stasis to their gun and then use bouncing bolas? Its fracking annoying when you end up in tight spot, shoot and you end up freezing yourself as well. Lol. Then you just watch as nercomorphs pour in and you hope and pray that stasis wears off before your health runs out. Happened a few times now.
  • Before i trade this in, anyone now if you can play through Carvers storyline in SP mode?
  • Apparently the original Dead Space launched 10 Years Ago today.

We don't have Dead Space thread.. so I'll put this here.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-10-13-dead-space-turns-10-today-so-lets-remember-why-its-great
    I like to think I'm a CAN DO kind of guy...
    And the number of cans I can normally do is 12.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Dead Space was one of my favorite games of the time. I don't think any other game captured that sci fi feeling of being alone in space. Those big machines moving in the darkness...
  • Yeh Dead Space was utterly amazing. Moving Survival Horror onwards with a inventory that is accessed in real time was a shock coming from Res Evil, let me pause and make some herb spray mid battle.

Shame EA fucked it all up by insisting on making it an action shooter by DS3 and adding in co-op etc. Maybe the original could do with a re-release for the next generation of consoles.
  • Kow wrote:
    Dead Space was one of my favorite games of the time. I don't think any other game captured that sci fi feeling of being alone in space. Those big machines moving in the darkness...

System Shock 2 certainly did.

I really liked dead space the game had such a cool feeling all the way through. I also liked the not shooting things in the head twist.
  • Yeah, dead space definitely needs a reboot minus the micro transactions bollocks.
    Also, need to finish system shock 2 asap.
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • It didn’t have micro transactions. Not that I recall, anyway.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Dead Space 1 and especially , are very close to my heart. That weird period where EA were pumping into new IPs. Dead Space 1-2 are some outrageously good gaming. Probably still as good.
  • I played it on backwards compatibility a few months ago and it still shits me up

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!