Are you a “genwunner” for anything?
  • They’re not direct sequels, rather spiritual successors, but none of the Kengo games are a patch on Bushido Blade.

I don’t rate any of the Worms games as highly as the original.

I don’t dislike the second to sixth games by any means, but the original Burnout has a special place in my heart.

The entire Matrix franchise, except for the original film, can get in the bin.
  • Kow wrote:
    Arcade Fire.

Yeeeeeeeah.

Just to add another bit of context when I was at the concert yesterday there were people who were properly properly into the newest stuff. So unlike (eg arcade fire) I don’t think it’s a matter of simply the quality going down but also that I’m a crusty fan.
  • Ohhhhhh genwunner. I geddit
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Miles Davis cool era.

The fusion thing is tough though I like some of it.

Kind Of Blue was peak cool. Bitches Brew was a slap in the face. There is genius in it but it takes serious listening to make it click.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Andy wrote:
    I don’t rate any of the Worms games as highly as the original.

The first game is good but Worms Armageddon is a peerless game. Stupifyingly good.In my top 10 of all videogames. It's an example of polishing a gem to perfection.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Was going to post something similar. I get how the purity of the original could appeal more than the sequel (second sequel?) but Armageddon was the defining moment for me. For pass the pad mp joy it's up there with Monkey Target and Everybody's Golf 2.
  • Gran Turismo

The sequels are good, but they changed the handling after the first one, and it just never felt quite right.

If Gen 3 had reusable TMs like the new games it'd be the perfect Pokemon Gen, but Gen 1 is definitely the one I've put most time into.

Transformers doesn't even have a consistent Gen 1 as the comics and cartoon differed. Then Dreamwave did their own Gen 1, and so did IDW.

Almost all transformers is just a derivative of Gen 1 though, and IDW did it best.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!