jdanielp
    Xbox
    jdanielp
    PSN
    jdanielp_uk
    Steam
    jdanielp_uk

Send message
    I was playing last night and got into an intense firefight with some heavy Combine troops and those flying things, only to have my gun hand abruptly disappear as the battery ran out on my controller... I managed to save using the other controller before exiting to charge them both, although I assume that there is likely to be an autosave that I can restart from before the fight.
  • You should get about 7-8hrs between charges but they won't tell you battery levels if you're in-game. In SteamVR home they will have a battery indicator on if you inspect them.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • jdanielp
    Show networks
    Facebook
    jdanielp
    Twitter
    jdanielp
    Xbox
    jdanielp
    PSN
    jdanielp_uk
    Steam
    jdanielp_uk

Send message
    Yeah. I should check before I go in for any length.
  • I missed table tennis btw but if you're up for some around 7ish I'll be on.
  • jdanielp
    Show networks
    Facebook
    jdanielp
    Twitter
    jdanielp
    Xbox
    jdanielp
    PSN
    jdanielp_uk
    Steam
    jdanielp_uk

Send message
    Watching F1 then but will have a look after...
  • Yeah I might be later than stated. If I'm on in on. I'll keep an eye out for you in general as MP VR is the best.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Playing HL2 again. Its so fucking good.
  • Join the mastermasterace.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    If i had a spare 500 quid I would.
  • Playing HL2 again. Its so fucking good.

Same here ((Bought the Orange Box on the Xbox for £15), just the basic physics stuff is brilliant. Looking forward to the gravity gun again

Thinking about physics in games, what’s the game to use physics?
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • If i had a spare 500 quid I would.

I wish I had a decent pc and £500.
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • hit a bit of a fatigue point (Northern Star), another puzzle, another power system not working, another dark scary bit.
    Hoping it's going to change up soon, suspect it will
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • I have just started my second playthrough.
    Quest wireless with virtual desktop is the only way to go.

What amazes me is I found the game extremely clunky at first but once the systems click and the muscle memory is formed you feel badass.

Parts that made me panic like hell the first time round I am now John Wick. Especially reloading during a firefight while dodging headcrabs.
    You rang.....
  • Quest + virtual desktop is a prime example of form factor being more important than resolution / refresh rates
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • Is this thing ever on sale?
  • jdanielp
    Show networks
    Facebook
    jdanielp
    Twitter
    jdanielp
    Xbox
    jdanielp
    PSN
    jdanielp_uk
    Steam
    jdanielp_uk

Send message
    Just did the entirety of Northern Star in one go which was probably my longest VR session yet. Mostly enjoyed it, although I thought that there were three of an item that it appeared there were only two of towards the end which caused me to waste some time until I realised what to do. I'm definitely becoming more competent under fire.
  • Because I got much better with shooting things in VR thanks to Alyx I finally got back to Arizona sunshine and I think Alyx has broken VR for me.
    Picking things up worked so much better,opening doors and the general feel of the game has shown how poor Arizona sunshine is. I'm still persevering with it but Valve have set a really high benchmark with this one.
    You rang.....
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Quest + virtual desktop is a prime example of form factor being more important than resolution / refresh rates

Yes, and cheaper for the win.
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • jdanielp
    Show networks
    Facebook
    jdanielp
    Twitter
    jdanielp
    Xbox
    jdanielp
    PSN
    jdanielp_uk
    Steam
    jdanielp_uk

Send message
    Just out of another fairly long session. My new favourite things include smashing flower pots, which break even more satisfyingly than bottles (although I also came across some unbreakable bottles), and wearing a traffic cone on my head, although it does restrict vision more than a hard hat (but substantially less than a bucket).
  • jdanielp
    Show networks
    Facebook
    jdanielp
    Twitter
    jdanielp
    Xbox
    jdanielp
    PSN
    jdanielp_uk
    Steam
    jdanielp_uk

Send message
    This evening I met Jeff (my practice of smashing bottles came in handy here...) and visited the zoo.
  • jdanielp
    Show networks
    Facebook
    jdanielp
    Twitter
    jdanielp
    Xbox
    jdanielp
    PSN
    jdanielp_uk
    Steam
    jdanielp_uk

Send message
    I was thinking I might finish Alyx today (not sure how far left there is, but it feels close up the end), but I have been unable to play because whenever I start it up, my right controller will not let me select weapons. The left controller is more than happy to do this if I switch my gun-hand, but I don't want to handicap myself... I think Alyx updated on Friday, but it was definitely working yesterday. I have had sporadic issues with the right controller analogue stick getting slightly stuck after pushing it to the left, and there was the one occasion when it ran out of charge mid-game, but otherwise it seems fine in other games and applications... Any ideas or should I just get on and contact Valve support?
  • I played today on my quest plus virtual desktop with no problems.
    You rang.....
  • jdanielp
    Show networks
    Facebook
    jdanielp
    Twitter
    jdanielp
    Xbox
    jdanielp
    PSN
    jdanielp_uk
    Steam
    jdanielp_uk

Send message
    Crisis over. I moved slightly further into the level and my right hand started working again. Weird. Now completed the game though... Spectacular!
  • There's some great mod levels for this now. Valve knows the Steam hive mind will do great stuff and they have.
  • Deep Inside has Jeff with some great puzzles, and Goldeneye Facility has great nostalgia. I think Valve tested Alyx so much they didn't really explore hard puzzles or difficult sections that required some planning. The mods take address this somewhat.

Some of the puzzles in the Jeff encounter are great.
  • Another week, another load of levels. It's fair to say they're getting better and they're at dev quality now imo.

Also

• Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    So hear me out, as an actual game this is shite. All those lunatics wanting it as a m&k port would be going apeshit.

As a game and experience within VR its about the most wonderful thing I've experienced in gaming. Just had my first battle against the Combine and getting behind cover and physically leaning out popping off shots was glorious.

Atmosphere is immense
  • Kind of highlights the difference between vr games and flat games. Even from 2d to 3d games got less precise.

I disagree it's not a good game. Its up there with the likes of Last of Us for me.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!