The Mandalorian thread of Beskar Spoilers Season 2 October 30th
  • I thought the whole episode was poor but maybe that's just me.
    For an elite fighter he sure gets lucky a lot.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Marginal gains Shabs
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Marginal gains Shabs
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Marginal gains Shabs
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    The harder I train, the luckier I get
  • I've enjoyed all the episodes so far but do agree with the article I saw along the lines of "The Mandalorian: The $100 million dollar show with no story." After so much intriguing set-up in the first couple of episodes it's since just been story-of-the-week missions. Herzog was such a great piece of casting as a villain but we've haven't seen him since. Hopefully things will ramp up before the end of the season.
  • He’s just choosing to do the side missions to level up before he continues with the main story. Doesn’t want to go into the season finale under-levelled.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Ha, that's exactly how it feels.
  • Well fuck me.
    It does have a story, the bounty hunter being pursued for the child. 
    And that's literally all it needs. 
    Classic Lone Wolf and Cub setup, could go on forever. 
    It also gives the writers massive scope to change episodes up and blind side the viewers with episodes they aren't expecting. 
    So far it's been great for that. 

Not every show needs a 'we have to stop the bad wizard and regain the glowing widget' story arch FFS. 
    They are so limiting and done to death. 

I'll concede that nothing in The Mandalorian had never been seen before but it's doing a decent job of keeping me surprised with it's direction week by week.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • I will say that for him being an elite soldier man's if it wasn't for his armour he would've been dead in episode 3(?).
    And several times since.
  • Like I said, I've been enjoying it too. And I do like it's old school western vibe. But after what felt like a lot of set-up in the first couple of episodes it's since pretty much just been Mando out and about with a couple of baby Yoda plot elements thrown in. I'd don't get any sense of what Mando is planning on doing with the child. I think it could do with some sense of an over-arching mission. Like he's got to get the child to a certain planet. And I think I'm just generally disappointed that Herzog has disappeared. I thought he was being set up to be a great antagonist. Hopefully we'll see more of him.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    pantyfire wrote:
    I will say that for him being an elite soldier man's if it wasn't for his armour he would've been dead in episode 3(?).
    And several times since.

Play to your strengths. If you know your armour can take you might as well take advantage of it.
  • Yeah bit of a double edged sword the lack of overarching story. But loved this episode.
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • I get the impression that his support network i.r. the other mandos and hunters guild have been taken away from him and he's now just winging it until he can think of something.
    This week's episode is a case in point, he knows it's not going to end well, too much history with these people, but he takes the job anyway.
  • And I would seriously suggest reading some Lone Wolf and Cub if you are liking this as it's an example of how the show really doesn't need a huge plot.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    pantyfire wrote:
    And I would seriously suggest reading some Lone Wolf and Cub if you are liking this as it's an example of how the show really doesn't need a huge plot.

That's what it reminded me of, cheers panty
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Enjoyable episode. Thought the GoT lady was much better in GoT than this. Seemed she overacted. Bill Burr also felt like a non-actor being a bit out of his depth. Robot was shit. Clancy Brow, as usual, was great, but still out played by baby Yoda. But still enjoyed it and looking forward to more.
  • I would be happy with these little vignette episodes if they gave even a little hint into the character of the Mandalorian and who and why he is. And not just big expo flashback dumps while he has armour made. I know he hates droids but nothing is done with it. Like, he still works with a droid in this and there's no interesting back and forth in there to reveal why he hates them or add any flavour to the brief time he spends with him.
    Plus the dialogue is cliche and bland. "I thought he'd be bigger" is like the only thing Clancy Brown says the whole episode. It's just kind of a waste to me. The setting is cool and I like the idea of the character and his journey but it's just a bit meh in the telling of it.
  • But, baby Yoda!
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • This show officially sucks after the last episode.na whole lotta nothin.
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • It’s cliche ridden garbage for the most part but I’m still enjoying it. It’s like this was an abandoned film project. They turned the film script into the first three episodes then they’ve just cobbled together every cliche in the book for the next three. It’ll probably pick up towards the end when they get back to the main story. It is it’s first season, and maybe they just don’t really know what to do with it. The look and feel they’ve got bang on.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Blocks100 wrote:
    But, baby Yoda!

This

• bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Watching this before stumbling into FNF is a fine way to start the weekend.
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • b0r1s wrote:
    Blocks100 wrote:
    But, baby Yoda!

This

The one saving grace yes. Baby Yoda soup saved that episode, Baby Yoda "did I do that?" saved this one.
  • FNF?

Nah this was a fun episode. The feel of OG star wars is strong.
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    b0r1s wrote:
    Blocks100 wrote:
    But, baby Yoda!

This

The one saving grace yes. Baby Yoda soup saved that episode, Baby Yoda "did I do that?" saved this one.

I wouldn’t go that far. I’m still enjoying it though the second screen factor has started to kick in.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    FNF?

Friday Night Forza
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    Next new episode drops Wednesday, WNNF?
    Things can only get better.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Have a feeling the next two will tie into the first three.
    Missing out 4,5,6 on a rewatch - this is the way (pulled out of my arse).
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    pantyfire wrote:
    Well fuck me.
    It does have a story, the bounty hunter being pursued for the child. 
    And that's literally all it needs. 
    Classic Lone Wolf and Cub setup, could go on forever. 
    It also gives the writers massive scope to change episodes up and blind side the viewers with episodes they aren't expecting. 
    So far it's been great for that. 

Not every show needs a 'we have to stop the bad wizard and regain the glowing widget' story arch FFS. 
    They are so limiting and done to death. 

I'll concede that nothing in The Mandalorian had never been seen before but it's doing a decent job of keeping me surprised with it's direction week by week.
    pantyfire wrote:
    I get the impression that his support network i.r. the other mandos and hunters guild have been taken away from him and he's now just winging it until he can think of something.
    This week's episode is a case in point, he knows it's not going to end well, too much history with these people, but he takes the job anyway.

Panty knows. This is top tier Star Wars, best since the original trilogy. Fuck only knows what people want, but I've a feeling it's all the bloated tie in bullshit that has hampered the prequels, off shoots and sequels so far.

Shabby mentions the Droid thing, and no forthcoming reason for him hating them. Fucking good, I say. Imagine Mando seeing a Droid and immediately spilling his guys as to why he doesn't like them to a random character he's just met?

"A Droid, just my luck. I've hated them since that time on Tatooine where one spilled my blue milk over Chewbacca right in the middle of a high stakes Dejarik game. Thought I was going to lose my arms that day." Get to fuck man.

That kind of exposition dump conversation is clunky as fuck for your usual protagonist, it's clearly a line for the viewer not for the situation taking place, for a mysterious silent gunslinger type it's absolutely character breaking. I've got no idea why he can't just have a character trait and instead it has to be explained to the viewer. I'd be fine if we never find out why he hates droids.

Anyway, thoroughly enjoying it, great set pieces, great action, great cast and just the rough outline of a story to tie them all together. Just what the bacta tank ordered.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!