Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Leia kinda vanished on delay, when Ben did
  • I liked some of the ship design.
    The newer, Colin Cantwell, y-wing with bits of his original concept model on it was quite nice.
    I know it was just a paint job but I also liked Poe's orange liveried x-wing.
    I wanted a better look at the new b-wings as it was always one of my favourite original trilogy ships but it spent even less time onscreen than its predecessor.
    Didn't like the Dorito winged Ties.
    The tracked speeders were nice but the bum flip launch mode was stoopid.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • I wasn't sure exactly what she did. Did she force project Solo to him? Or just her love or something?
  • I really really really want like 5 hours worth of behind the scenes on all the production stuff. There's so many amazing things to look at.
  • jdanielp
    Show networks
    Facebook
    jdanielp
    Twitter
    jdanielp
    Xbox
    jdanielp
    PSN
    jdanielp_uk
    Steam
    jdanielp_uk

Send message
    Yeah, I've been wondering about the implications of that. Was Leia 'remote controlling' him to some extent, hence she finally 'Jedi died' when he did?
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    Where are the rest, so in 20 years no other kids have been born with force ability? This bullshit about "we all live through you" is utter crap.
    The last film explicitly showed us that there are other kids with force powers. I’m guessing that there’s a shortage of people to train them, and none are as strong as Ben and Rey.
    Dinostar77 wrote:
    What did finn want to tell rey?
    That he can feel the force.
    Dinostar77 wrote:
    How did ben develop the lifeforce power have never used it before? You cant hust copy another jedis powers thats not how the lore works. More made up bullshit
    Would you listen to yourself? It’s all made up bullshit, ffs.
    Dinostar77 wrote:
    Where did rey get the yellow lightsaber crystal from?
    Where did Lando buy his hat? When did Chewie ever go to the toilet? How do most of the aliens dress themselves? Who cares?
    Dinostar77 wrote:
    Lastly, rey killed the emperor doing exactly what he wanted so how is she not now a sith empresses and how did palpatines spirit not go into her?
    She didn’t do it how he wanted. She didn’t strike him down with hatred. She reflected his hatred (and his sparky fingers) back on him, so he killed himself.
  • Honestly, this is going to be a repeat of the last thread.
  • Andy wrote:
    Honestly, this is going to be a repeat of the last thread.

*grabs popcorn*
    SFV - reddave360
  • Andy, i give a shit because im a star wars fan and enjoy the books and expanded universe. These are reasonable questions for any fan to ask so stop being a twat and demeaning.
  • It was always going to be so

I don't mind all the minor stuff that was skipped over or assumed. You can do that picking with most films really.

I would have like Finn to actually say what he was going to say to Rey. You say Force related but I was thinking love related considering how it was all presented.

I also think they should have shown more new force users to continue that thread from TLJ.
  • Well that went nuclear, with little or no foreshadowing. Just like every bit of that movie...
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    Andy, i give a shit because im a star wars fan and enjoy the books and expanded universe. These are reasonable questions for any fan to ask so stop being a twat and demeaning.

Show me where else in the films it tells you where anyone else got their lightsaber crystal and I’ll concede you have a point.
  • This movie is going to divide people, obviously. If we could at least try to keep it civil a smidge. Dino took issue with how a lot of the little details were just put in there with no surrounding storytelling. That's fine. It might not have bothered you Andy but it bothered him. There's no point attacking him over it.

There was a lot of the kind of thing I needed to actively push past because star wars but there was some stuff that pushed it a bit too far. Tis what it is
  • Says here it was Rey’s dad who was Palpatine’s son but I saw no evidence of that in the film. https://screenrant.com/rey-parents-identity-palpatine-skywalker-star-wars-9/

It was said by Kylo Ren.  He says something like, "my mother was a Skywalker and your father was a Palpatine".
  • This movie is going to divide people, obviously. If we could at least try to keep it civil a smidge. Dino took issue with how a lot of the little details were just put in there with no surrounding storytelling. That's fine. It might not have bothered you Andy but it bothered him. There's no point attacking him over it.

There was a lot of the kind of thing I needed to actively push past because star wars but there was some stuff that pushed it a bit too far. Tis what it is

Thank you. Anyway its Christmas so we should be nice to each other. This is a nice corner of the internet.
  • I like the shade that was thrown at the Last Jedi. Ren rebuilding the helmet. He could have just made a new one surely. But instead the whole thing was rebuilt and carries the damage from what went before. Metaphor alert!
    TLJ - The force is in all of us.
    ROS - Fuck that. This is Dynasty in space.
  • There's no point attacking him over it.

I’m sorry for coming across that way. It just strikes me that so much of the criticism for the last two films has been based on the films not somehow catering to what every individual fan wanted, people not following what’s happening in the film (whether that’s because they’re too busy finding fault, or some other reason, I don’t know) or holding it to different standards to other children’s toy adverts.

So much of the bad will strikes me as people going in with a mindset and expectations which basically prohibit enjoyment.
  • I kinda think you both have a point. I haven't seen the movie so no idea how important the yellow is, but pretty certain Luke doesn't explain his green light saber (or Samuel l Jackson purple one)

The flipside is if its an important reveal, than it should be shown. I always liked how aliens sets up the cargo lifter for the big fight, and even explains how Ripley knows how to use a rifle in the hicks scene. Not vital stuff in the longterm but it helps make the world more imersive
    SFV - reddave360
  • It’s not an important plot point.

Edit: It’s not even a plot point at all.
  • Andy wrote:
    I think maybe you want it to be. Dino's problem was it didn't respect the lore. Even if some of the objections are a bit pernickety, that's a totally valid response for a Star Wars nerd. You don't give a shit about the lore, he does.
  • Just seen this. It’s a hot mess, but was never going to be anything but after the last movie.

Switch brain off and enjoy.
  • There's just no way we're milking 60 pages of arguments over this one. That's the film's greatest disappointment.
  • monkey wrote:
    Andy wrote:
    I think maybe you want it to be. Dino's problem was it didn't respect the lore. Even if some of the objections are a bit pernickety, that's a totally valid response for a Star Wars nerd. You don't give a shit about the lore, he does.

Isn't Andys point that the lore doesnt have to be everywhere and it really doesnt affect whether the film is good or not? I get that people are invested but if its not a plot point I get Andys point that really, is it even worth bringing up as a criticism.

As I said, the original ROTJ never explained why Luke had a green light saber. It would have been maybe a nice seen or touch but it really is not a big point.
    SFV - reddave360
  • I'm trying to think back about his the originals went about Luke's lightsaber. It gets discussed when Vader finds it right? I'm wondering how Rey knew how to make one. In the books possibly. Or maybe a Jedi Ghost Masterclass session.

I also just remembered that scene of Luke talking about Leia's training and it flashbacked for no reason and I was mentally thinking "don't be de-aged, don't be de-aged" and then they showed them both de-aged for no reason. I'm staying to really dislike that special effect, it's really distracting in nearly all uses. It might have been the 3.5 hours I spent with it recently in Irishman.
  • I agree the lightsaber thing is not an issue. There was other lore-breaking though. It doesn't bother me. 

On the lightsaber thing though, there's a deleted scene in ROTJ that shows Luke finishing building it. Not where he gets the crystal. Later Vader says something like "Your skills are now complete." as Luke has managed to build a new one. So it's some special Jedi magic that means lightsabers get built. Rey's got the magic now. That's all.
  • I guess im just a nerd and wanted continuity across all three movies (in TFA the little lady told rey she'd explain how she got Luke's lightsaber but it was never explained in the later two movies). It wouldnt have taken too long to show rey recovering kylo rens saber, modifiying it to add a green crystal with his red to produce a yellow light. Which is indicative of a jedi sentienal class. There are three classes of jedi in the lore. Thats just me being a nerd.

I am curious as to what George Lucas's trilogy would have been as Disney rejected that. I think lucas said himself that epsiodes 7,8 & 9 wouldn't have featured the skywalker/palpatine narritive at all but moved the story onto other stuff.

The triology by the GOT tv series creators is dead, which is a shame as it sounded like they were going to do an old republic triology which could have been massive. An adult star wars triology would be interesting but in the end its a triology for children and i have to keep that in mind.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I'm trying to think back about his the originals went about Luke's lightsaber. It gets discussed when Vader finds it right? I'm wondering how Rey knew how to make one. In the books possibly. Or maybe a Jedi Ghost Masterclass session. I also just remembered that scene of Luke talking about Leia's training and it flashbacked for no reason and I was mentally thinking "don't be de-aged, don't be de-aged" and then they showed them both de-aged for no reason. I'm staying to really dislike that special effect, it's really distracting in nearly all uses. It might have been the 3.5 hours I spent with it recently in Irishman.

I thought that extracted kinda as was from original-trilogy footage (ANH, most likely), rather than de-aged?  But :shrug: was kinda weird either way!
  • Nah I think you disappear when you use up all your force power. Well that's how it seemed here in the new trilogy. Obi focussed himself to disappear. Not sure about Yoda though.

You die in the light, a paragon of a Jedi, ready to die and deciding to do so. You then become a force ghost. There are holes though (Anakin Skywalker didn't vanish when he died, but appeared as a force ghost).

Old ben, Yoda, and Luke all died willingly, as jedi in the lightside, knowing they will die /their time is up.

The implication is that 1) Ben Solo died redeemed as a Jedi, 2) he did so willingly, giving his life force to do a Xtreme force heal, an ability first established in the movie cannon by the film itself when Rey healed him, but which has bled into TV cannon through BByoda in the Mandy, and which of course has been part of videogames for ages. (Remember spamming that shit in Kotor)

Which is evidence by 3) his callback to Han, don't know if I have the strength to do it.

Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • I dont want to keep going out about the sabres, but I think it speaks to the problems andy is pointing to. In ROTJ the green light sabre was done for 2 reasons if I remeber correctly. One was because of the opening scenes in daylight, the blue sabre would have been lost in the sky, so the green was to help it stand out. From a narrative point of view (somewhat confirmed by that deleted scene) Luke creating his own sabre and it being distinct to Vader and Obi is that is shows he has become his own Jedi, he has matured. It's not to do with some lore about special crystals or how certain colours are used by the Jedi. 

I'm going to take a stab that Rey using a yellow sabre is to show that she is breaking from the legacy of Sith / Jedi, Blue/ Red. It has narrative purpose which is more important than the lore.

Thinking further about the over-thinking of stuff, I must admit that I found some peoples issues with LOTJ a little odd. Rose suddenly appearing to save Finn isn't that different than Han showing up in the Falcon just to distract Vadar from shooting Luke. How did he get there so fast? How did he know that was the right spot to be? Why did he not help the other rebels? Why did the Empire not spot him? Bottom line: Who cares, its a fist pumping spot of redemption for Han.

Similar,the escape plan in LOTJ is silly - but its no worse than Lukes convulted mess of a rescue plan to get Han out of Jabbas clutches. But that scene serves the plot in tying up some of the loose ends from empire and also being a nice way to re-introducing the heroes one by one.

To me, the original trilogy and the galaxy Lucas produced were great - but their arent nearly as deep as is made out. And this is why later films suffer from this weight of expectation. If you are big in the star wars lore I dont think any movie is going to be able to fully satisfy you. We see this with the Marvel stuff all the time, or Game of Thrones even. It's not like the books, it's not like the comics, etc. etc. I understand it (still bitter at movie transformers) but it can get in the way.
    SFV - reddave360

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!