regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    It's definitely not a Yakuza game, so let's get going.

220px-Judgmentcover.jpg

From the Makers of the Acclaimed Yakuza Series: Ryu Ga Gotoku Studios presents Judgment, the dramatic tale of a disgraced lawyer seeking redemption in a world rife with corruption and despair.

Investigate the Seedy Red Light District of Kamurocho: Step into the mind of private detective Takayuki Yagami and utilize innovative investigation systems to uncover the secrets that lie deep within Kamurocho’s corrupt underbelly.

Experience Visceral Combat with Two Unique Combat Styles: Take down groups of thugs with sweeping blows in Crane Style, then switch to Tiger to overwhelm a single foe with a series of powerful strikes. Practice mixing-and-matching styles in combat in conjunction with a wide variety of skills, weapons, and powerful (and hilarious) EX Actions to unlock a whole new dimension in combat.

A mix of Playing and Watching

• regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    So, it's probably only me playing, but three things have stood out so far.

1) a very different tone - it's nice to have a new pair of judge eyes on Kamurocho, and the interactions with characters are very different from old Kiryu. Keeps the environment new, even though an absolute Plaisir is knowing my way completely around that map.

2) the battle system has been refined again. Down to two styles, and a lot cleaner in how everything hits. They've taken a hell of a lot of fluff out of the fighting and it is pared back to where you know your hits and spamming of buttons are doing something.

3) 2018 OH MY GOD WE ARE NEARLY IN THE PRESENT DAY
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I need to get back to this when I'm back home.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • I think the issue in the end is that it doesn't make enough of the detective thing. The various investigation modes are too simple and repeat so many times throughout such a long game. It could've distinguished itself more from Yakuza by making something substantial of those.

Still worth it for that overall daft tone, the drone racing and the bromance between Yagami and his mate (far more sexual tension there than between him and the lawyer lady).

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!