Whats a working day like for a badger (not the animal)?
‹ Previous12345
  • Just curious what a working day is like for a badger.

Myself;

1. Get up at 530am, get over to the gym for 6am.

2. Get back home just before 7am. Shower, get changed for work, prep lunch for son and missus whilst trying to eat breakfast. Missus will be feeding son and having her own breakfast. If i can fit in a coffee before work great if not then I'll have one at work.

3. Leave home by 745am into work for 8am. Missus drops son to nursery.

4. Leave work at 415pm and pickup son from nursery at 445pm.

5. Get him home and give him some food if didnt want tea at nursery. Otherwise play with him, till 530pm. Missus gets home from work. I'll go get his room and bath ready. 545pm, take him up for his bath, bottle and story. By the time hes asleep its normally 645pm-7pm.

6. Try to have a cup of tea (decaff) with missus and ask how her day was etc or have dinner depending on the time. If i havent alredy cooked the day before then i need to cook.

7. 8pm, Prep my stuff work for tomorrow, get gym stuff ready and make my lunch. Attend to bills, cleaning etc.
    8. 9pm Get ready for bed, may get 30mins to watch alittle tv or play Switch or listen to audio book. Depends on how shattered i am, normally im struggling to stay awake.

9. 10pm Bedtime. Within 5 mins im out. Though have to get up one or twice during the night to give my son his night bottle of milk.

Then rinse and repeat for the rest of the week. This year i have to add in at least 1hr of studying 4 days a week in the evenings.
  • Wow that's quite the full on day. I work shifts so no two days are really the same, Its hard to have a routine especially with two young boys in the house, if Im on night shifts then I'll be sleeping most of the day.
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    If I am doing my life properly it is as follows - 

Up at 6am and do some brief type of exercise - Ring Fit or a run are the two most regular. 

Changed and out the door just after 7am for work. 

In at work about 7:20-7:30am - sitting catching up on e-mails and doing paperwork. 

School doors open for kids at 8am so it's the deluge after that from 8-3:35pm, with whatever might come up at any point.

I try to knock out all e-mails and such by 5, but that's not always the case. Sadly with where I live, the return commute is often 2x times the going there. 

Home at 6pm - cook dinner. I always cook because 1) I like it and 2) It destreses me. 

Depending on the day I may check my e-mails at 7pm-ish although Flora is trying to get me to disconnect once I'm home - which I should. 

Gaming or watching something till 8/9pm

Shower / shave / bed at 10pm, read in bed till I fall asleep. Rinse/Repeat.
  • Set 5 or 6 alarms, generally snooze most of them.

Into shower for around 7.45, get ready etc, in car by 8.15. Aim to arrive at work for 8.45, but depends on traffic etc, long as I'm there for 9 it's OK.

9-5 (or 10-4 on Sundays) in work, dealing with whatever pish head office/customers/my staff throw at me.

Heading home by around 5.15, usually stop at supermarket on way home to get that night's dinner/following days energy juice and breakfast bars. Usually pick up a bottle or 2 of some poncey fruity cider as well.

Home, dick around on my phone until I get fed up listening to mojo shout at me, go feed her and clean her litter tray, stick dinner on/in the microwave.

Have dinner, sort uniform for next day, then park myself in front of TV with a joint and fruity cider/rum. Remain there till around 1am or so, thrn off to bed to repeat the following day.

Variations happen when I'm off and have the wee man, then my day is completely focused on him and his eating and napping schedule.
  • 6:20 Alarm goes off. Quick shower, devour a bowl of cereal, give cub breakfast.

7:00 Leave. Preferably leave earlier at 6:50 but doesn't happen much now.

7:30 Get to work. Do work. Typically take 30 mins for lunch.

5:30-6:00 Leave work. Exact time depends on meetings/ current workload.

6:10 - 6:40 Get home from work. Help with bath and put cub to bed at 7.

7:30 Eat dinner.

8:00 Sort stuff (lunch, food) for the following day. Stare my phone like a fool.

9:00 Read, watch TV, or play a game for a 30 mins to an hour. Typically TV wins out.

10pm Bedtime.

Given New Cub Arrival, I dare say this will need to shift again. Likely need to try and get home earlier.
  • I quite like a 9:30 to bed day. Gorge on a book.
  • No day the same but a fairly normal day.

8:00 Alarm, Wakeup, get up, shower.

8:30 Walk the dog around the block.

9:00 Sit down at my desk
    This window is normally admin, brief taking, generally planning out my day. If I have breakfast I will have it here.

9:30 Actual work starts.
    Files open, general jobbing.
    I normally try to do the brainless easy stuff here because I'm not fully engaged yet.

11:00 Take the dog out again.
    This is a great bit of the day. By this point I am up to speed on the task, done some base work and use the oppurtunity to think things through.

12:00-16:00
    Start the real work.
    Get creative, do the complex stuff and the stuff I dislike (render settings urrgh).
    I will break quickly to make lunch but eat while working.
    Around 14:00 I am properly in the zone normally.
    I often do bits around the house here as well. If I am rendering or need thinking time I will put a wash on or do the washing up.

16:00
    Normally end up having clients wanting to see stuff around this time, depending on the project. So I will do some WIP renders or screen grabs to send them and have a call about where it is going.

17:00 or 18:00
    Stop work, make dinner.
    By this time I know my clients have gone home so the pressure is off. I often send off renders during the evening and will check on them throughout. I sometimes carry on working if I am on a roll or want to do personal stuff.
    If I am going to the pub I will work longer to buy myself an extra hour in bed the next day.

• acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    6:15am - ignore children
    6:45am - fail to ignore children as one or two or three of them arrive at my bedside
    6:46am - reluctantly let them use my mobile to play TT Rockstars
    6:48am - tell them they have to wait till 7 before I'll go down for breakfast
    6:51am - tell them they have to wait till 7 before I'll go down for breakfast
    6:54am - tell them they have to wait till 7 before I'll go down for breakfast
    7:02am - tell them they have to wait till 7 before I'll go down for breakfast
    7:02am - get told it is 7
    7:04am - finally get up
    7:05am - have slowly walked down two flights of stairs and unset the alarm, tell them to make their own breakfast while taking a tactical dump and reading antipodean updates on the B&B
    7:13am - go through to the kitchen and berate children for the mess it's in ("what are you, animals"), and start the clear-up (including last night's washing up)
    7:35am - listen to people failing to get 10 answers on the Heart radio game; tell myself I should dial in
    7:37am - go upstair, stare at wife for not having done anything yet
    7:38am - commence shower, via optional second dump if I need a graun/bbc news dosage
    7:58am - clean, dried and dressed, aim to leave
    8:02am - get told I need to help with school uniforms
    8:08am - get told I need to help with homework
    8:15am - actually leave
    8:23am - arrive at Winchmore Hill station just as the 8:25am train pulls in fashionably early (*)
    8:29am - disembark at Enfield chase
    8:31am - arrive at my desk; commence to read emails
    9:31am - after a glorious hour of peace, team mates arrive
    10:00am - daily standup meeting with team; disuss yesterday's successes/failures, and the plan for the day
    10:15am-11:59am - smattering of meetings / doing actual work
    12:00pm - walk to other office for canteen lunch
    12:02pm - arrive; order food; start the guardian crossword
    12:50pm - arrive back at desk annoyed at the guardian / yoss for any difficulties in the crossword
    12:51pm-5:30pm - more meetings / work
    5:56 or 6:00 or 6:14 - train home; likely pop into sainsburys to buy dinner etc
    6:30pm - arrive home; bath/bedtime with kids
    7:15pm - tell kids to actually go to sleep
    7:20pm - tell kids to actually go to sleep
    7:25pm - tell kids to actually go to sleep
    7:30pm - tell kids to actually go to sleep
    7:45pm - conclude they are actually asleep; cook food
    8:00pm - watch some telly with the missus
    8:30pm - watch more telly with the missus, or game for a little, or bath, or chit-chat.  
    10:00pm - up to bed; read for a little
    10:45pm - zzzzz

(*) an alarming conversation with Elf over christmas reveals he gets a train from the same station, every day.  Even though generally later than my arrival, this is too high-risk.  Resolution for 2020 is to get the bus instead.  Revised timings TBD
  • I’ll use gym day as an example. That’s around 3 of the 5 working days.

7:00 - 7:30 Alarm goes off. Get up and wash and brush teeth etc. Some snoozing the alarm may be involved!

7:30 - 7:45 Wake up the Boy and get him ready, he is increasingly getting more independent though but I insist on washing his face and brushing his teeth myself. Help him get dressed for school. Daughter sorts herself out.

7:45 - 8:10ish Give kids brek, vitamins, etc. Do my own snack bag and food etc. Sometimes scoff some brek, but always do a coffee at least.

8:10 - 8:30 Stretch, roll, move around, followed by pack my rucksack and get dressed. (Take bins out on bin day.)

8:30 - 8:50 Drop kids to school.

8:50 - 9:50 Journey into work, assuming trains actually run to time.

9:50 - around 6:00 WORK LIKE A DOG

Around 6:00 - 7:30 Get to gym and workout.

7:30 - 8:30 or so, journey back home, sometimes via grocery shops, and assuming trains run out time!

8:30 - 9:30 Kiss kids goodnight and then munch away like a madman.

9:30 - 10:00 Shower and get ready for the night (I love my evening showers)

10:00 - 11:00 Depending on mood, stretching and foam rolling or ‘spend time with wife’ or play a bit of game or read something or watch some shit.

The above more often than not extends to midnight cos I’m shit and going bed on time. And I feel shit the next day. This happens a lot.

On non-gym days, I leave work at 6 and come home and spend some time with kids before putting Boy to bed. Then more time with wife and/or games and other shit and go bed later than I should cos I’m shit like that.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Surprised no one has slotted in a few Bateman quotes.

Dino, do you regularly check out the size of other men's junk at the urinals?
  • Surprised no one has slotted in a few Bateman quotes.

Dino, do you regularly check out the size of other men's junk at the urinals?

Nah, its the otherway around, their mouths are agape, their jaws drop to the floor in amazement and i tell them that still wouldnt be wide enough to fit. ;)
  • Normally woken by the little boy at about 7 he’s learned to do it more gently with a whisper for less shock value

Make his breakfast and get him dressed. Shower dress myself leave house at half seven to drop him at bus. Normally back at the house for 8

Half an hour of telly or PS4

Leave the house at 8.30 get to work for 8.40 make coffee open showroom.

Normally don’t take a lunch and finish at 5 to collect the little boy from the bus.

Make his tea and get our dinner on the go I normally cook cos I’m normally first home. Bath and bed for the little boy at around half seven downstairs for 8 normally fall asleep on sofa for an hour an then either watch tv or play PS4 depending on whether my wife still awake.

I check my work email and work Facebook periodically as Facebook mark you on how fast you respond but otherwise unless it’s been a particularly bad day I don’t have much trouble switching off

We’re out of routine at the moment so god help us at 6.50 Tuesday.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Think I'll win the early riser comp.

4am alarm, generally just get up. Might lie there for 5 minutes, but that's about it.

Coffee, breakfast and shower, usually in that order. Watch some bball/youtube/play something if I have something suitable for dipping in and out of.

Check B&B and podcasts to dl.

Just after 5am head to work.

5.40am sort coffee at work and take dump. (vital info apparently.)

6am start work.

6.16 post this.

10am (on 3 out 5 days) finish work.

1000-1100 potter in city head home.

11am onwards, do combo of:

Housework, errands, look after Ara (school hols), sleep, play games and/or Bball.

Other days I work until 1 or 2pm.

Once Bball starts back up and this week there'll also be 2 hours at least a day of Bball admin or watching, plus training 3 times week and games Friday night.

The 10am finishes will be gone start of Feb.

Between 5 and 8, dinner, corralling Ara into bath and bed and food.

Between 8pm and 9pm bedtime.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Bob wrote:
    I check my work email and work Facebook periodically as Facebook mark you on how fast you respond

I thought you sold cars?? I'm confused why Facebook are monitoring your work performance
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I usually wake up, get out of bed, drag a comb across my head. Find my way downstairs, drink a cup, realise I'm late and find my hat and coat. Then off to catch the bus.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    cockbeard wrote:
    Bob wrote:
    I check my work email and work Facebook periodically as Facebook mark you on how fast you respond

I thought you sold cars?? I'm confused why Facebook are monitoring your work performance

I'm assuming it's the Facebook page thing that tells people how responsive a page owner is to questions/comments.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Ahh, that makes sense, cheers Goobs, I forget how important google ratings etc are these days
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Yeah that basically 

You get a little badge for fast response 

It probably shouldn’t matter
    The Forum Herald™
  • Do you people never have a shit in the morning? Its fucking freaking me out. Isn't it the most important thing?
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    If it pushes you even a little bit up the rankings it (unfortunately) does matter. If I was a potential punter who decided not to come over and spend 70k becasue of a facebook rating that'd be a pisser
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Do you people never have a shit in the morning? Its fucking freaking me out. Isn't it the most important thing?

The worst possible thing that could happen to me is to take a shit after my shower. Day ruined right then and there.
  • Do you people never have a shit in the morning? Its fucking freaking me out. Isn't it the most important thing?

I do. Only reason it happens at work is because 4am still fools my body. First dump at normal wake up time.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Having a shit is the second thing I do.
    I feed the dog on the way there.

The worst is when I have to get up earlier than normal and my body isn't quite ready for the shit yet but I still have to leave the house. That will throw me out for the whole day.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Do you people never have a shit in the morning? Its fucking freaking me out. Isn't it the most important thing?

7:05 and perhaps 7:38
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Stand-up wipe, obviously
  • Stand up for the whole thing and get it done by 7:18
  • I’ve never been regular since I was a kid
    The Forum Herald™
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    acemuzzy wrote:
    Stand-up wipe, obviously

Itchy arse.

No. No, it’s not.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • I have to have my first morning shit before my first coffee and then a follow up shit about 10 minutes after
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
‹ Previous12345

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!