Frozen Synapse DLC
  • ... has a DLC pack available now, and a bunch of free upgrades for the normal game.  There's now a hotseat mode, and preset maps for competitions and the suchlike.  The DLC adds, amongst other things, a frankly brilliant-looking co-op mode.  In a remarkably nice decision, you can share all the DLC features with non-DLC owners, so there's no community division.

For those who haven't encountered it, it's a fantastic, tactical, turn-based shooter.  Turn-based but simultaneous, so you plan your move, wait for your opponent to plan his, then both turns are played out at the same time.

No idea about UK prices, but the game is $12.49, and the expansion's $8.49.  Available on PC and Mac, and there's talk of an iPad version soon. I think it's time for a bit of a resurgence with this, so who wants a game?  It struggled a bit at first because of the split servers, but I think that's been resolved.  Disappointingly the Steam servers appear to be too busy to let me update and play, but maybe we should have another tourney...?
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I enjoyed this despite being shit at it. Never won a game.
  • I should download this again. It's great, but I didn't find it anywhere near as much fun when played asynchronously.
  • I am woefully bad at this, but would love to get back into it.
  • We had a little tournament going over on the other place, haven't played it since that collapsed.

Can't remember my ID but am definitely up for getting back into it
    PSN: Shinji-_-Ikari
    Twitter: @YouDidItAll4Me
  • Been trying to get people back into it for a couple of months, would love a game.
  • It was great playing this , I played in tourney got beat by billy hologram in a dragged out contest - I kept playing for a draw as I afraid to commit .

My son was about a week old and whilst he was asleep at 2 in the morn , I'd make my moves . I would love to play again but probably couldn't commit to a tourney - as he's nearly a year old , time is at a premium . But if you're looking for numbers and there isn't  a quick timeframe I'd be in
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Vastik
    Show networks
    Twitter
    curiousmachine
    PSN
    Curious__Machine
    Steam
    CuriousMachine
    Wii
    Jammy

Send message
    I'm definitely up for getting back into this. I'm hoping the iPad version is cross platform with PCs, which would definitely see me play more.
  • The asynchronous feature's awesome though, especially as you're now going to be able to play that co-op!

What's everyone's usernames?
  • I'm Elmlea, naturally.  There's only one UK server now, and there were 150 people logged into it tonight.  Looks like it's still pretty valid!  I'm going to grab the co-op DLC now, so if anyone wants to try the 2vsAI mode, add me from within the game or let me know here.

I have a few of you on my friends list; Shinji, Nexx, Tiger, bombproofduck, and a couple more.  I'll spam some invites, but if you don't have me added, please fix it!
  • Elmlea asked me to bump this for him...

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!